The better place to talk football.

The Expanse

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Watched the finale of Season 5 last night. Well, have to say it is sadly the worst season so far, and I was thoroughly disappointed. The pacing was terrible and all over the place, and it had too much of interpersonal drama for my liking (well, really just the dynamic of Naomi-Marco Inaros-their son Filip). The finale covered more things than the rest of the season prior to that, so felt rushed compared to the extremely slow pace of other episodes, but at least it moved the story forward. Hopefully, season 6 will be an improvement. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Watched the finale of Season 5 last night. Well, have to say it is sadly the worst season so far, and I was thoroughly disappointed. The pacing was terrible and all over the place, and it had too much of interpersonal drama for my liking (well, really just the dynamic of Naomi-Marco Inaros-their son Filip). The finale covered more things than the rest of the season prior to that, so felt rushed compared to the extremely slow pace of other episodes, but at least it moved the story forward. Hopefully, season 6 will be an improvement. 

I have not even started watching this yet... 

• 7 months later...

Finally found the topic for it. I'm in Season 3. And what the hell. This might be one of the best series I've ever seen. Likeable characters, hateable characters, politics, great action, awesome space scenes, great humour every now and then. I love it. 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Tommy said:

Finally found the topic for it. I'm in Season 3. And what the hell. This might be one of the best series I've ever seen. Likeable characters, hateable characters, politics, great action, awesome space scenes, great humour every now and then. I love it. 

Welcome to the club! :D 

I KNEW you'd like it. Who are your favourite characters so far?

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Who are your favourite characters so far?

Holden. :ph34r:

But I also really like Amos and Gunny. That actress who plays Gunny looks tough as hell. I bet she could kick my ass in real life. xD

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Holden. :ph34r:

But I also really like Amos and Gunny. That actress who plays Gunny looks tough as hell. I bet she could kick my ass in real life. xD

For me it's Amos and Chrisjen Avasarala.

Also Drummer and Ashford.

Inyalowda na kang leta owkwa Beltalowda!

45 minutes ago, nudge said:

For me it's Amos and Chrisjen Avasarala.

Also Drummer and Ashford.

Inyalowda na kang leta owkwa Beltalowda!

Ah yes, Chrisjen is awesome too of course. Great actress too! And Drummer is cool as well. So far where I am, I also like Fred Johnson. Ashford hasn't appeared yet where I am. But should pop up in the next episode or so. :D

There are many likable and cool characters. 

I also love the fact that they speak creole on the Belt. It sounds so cool, mi pensa!

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ah yes, Chrisjen is awesome too of course. Great actress too! And Drummer is cool as well. So far where I am, I also like Fred Johnson. Ashford hasn't appeared yet where I am. But should pop up in the next episode or so. :D

There are many likable and cool characters. 

I also love the fact that they speak creole on the Belt. It sounds so cool, mi pensa!

Yep, they had a linguistics professor (Nick Farmer) develop the language specifically for the show! This is a good read (no spoilers): https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/12/nick-farmer-knows-dozens-of-languages-so-he-invented-one-for-the-expanse/

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep, they had a linguistics professor (Nick Farmer) develop the language specifically for the show! This is a good read (no spoilers): https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/12/nick-farmer-knows-dozens-of-languages-so-he-invented-one-for-the-expanse/

That is so cool! 

Also:

He also decided that Belters wouldn't use the term "bullshit," because there would be no bulls in the Belt. Instead, they would come up with a uniquely Belter curse, "kaka felota," a term for what happens when your toilet backs up in low gravity and shit floats all over the place. ("Kata felota" literally means "floating shit.")

I will also use Kaka felota instead of bullshit from now on! xD

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think I need to rewatch the first three seasons, I barely remember any of this xD

They honey potted me with Melba fs. She's bad news! Still a cutie though. 

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

I won't spoil anything :D

Yes, please don't. xD

And the thing was Amos was pretty cute. That cameraman asked him why he named that botany thing the "Prax Panels", and Amos tells him that he named it after a person. And then he gets asked if he misses him and he says "He was good company.........he was my best friend in the whole world." 

It's how Prax introduced Amos to Mei, when they rescued her. Amos must have taken that to heart. 😭xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I am yet to watch season 5 yet... B|

Bit behind the curve.... 

Wait for it............... 

On 03/02/2021 at 17:46, nudge said:

This is unacceptable. 

😡

Archived