talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tue 7th March - Arsenal (2) 1-5 (10 (TEN)) Bayern Munich

• Subscriber

This stopped being funny about 3 goals ago. It really is just embarrassing. Nobody should lose 10-2 on aggregate at this stage in the Champions League regardless of decisions, red cards and opposition.

This isn't Chelsea against the Moldovan runners up in the third qualifying round.

Pathetic and excruciating.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, adziom said:

This stopped being funny about 3 goals ago. It really is just embarrassing. Nobody should lose 10-2 on aggregate at this stage in the Champions League regardless of decisions, red cards and opposition.

This isn't Chelsea against the Moldovan runners up in the third qualifying round.

Pathetic and excruciating.

Arsenal are the only club who tolerate this.

Sorry for the Arsenal fans here, but in a "normal" club no manager would keep their job for 24h more hours after an embarrassment like this.

• The title was changed to Tue 7th March - Arsenal (2) 1-5 (10 (TEN)) Bayern Munich
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not to throw him under the bus but he didn't look particularly arsed about what was going on whilst sitting on the bench. I think even he has come to the realisation that he won't be at the club after summer and it's making him totally numb to the humiliations. 

Don't blame him. I didn't even look up from my phone when the last couple of goals went in. He should leave, he deserves much better than us.

8 minutes ago, Machado said:

Arsenal are the only club who tolerate this.

Sorry for the Arsenal fans here, but in a "normal" club no manager would keep their job for 24h more hours after an embarrassment like this.

This!

In a "normal" club this wouldn't be tolerated and in a club that's competing for top honours he'd be shown the door in an instant.  I won't even talk about elite clubs because we're nowhere near that realm.

Hell...  Leicester City sacked the manager that won them the Premier League last season for god sake! xD

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Well... be careful what we wish for eh?

Yeah...  Those pricks that call themselves Arsenal fans.  Honestly...  I have never felt as disassociated from my club as I have under this man for many years now.  It's meaningless!  Then the club at our lowest points release the annual takings so as to somehow appease the idiots into applauding stupidity.\

Our club is NOTHING mate!  We mean nothing in the football scheme of things.  Nobody in real football terms thinks anything of us apart from playing some pretty football at times.  We are an overrated football club.

But we do make money though.

• Subscriber

Wenger blaming the refereeing decisions. Fair enough for sixty minutes but surely he can't just accept that he and his players have no responsibility for allowing the score to get so embarrassing.

Not a dig because of who I support and yes I'm commenting on a match tonight I haven't seen. 

Arsenal have just lost 10-2 on aggregate, 10-2! That is atrocious. I didn't see the 2nd leg and the fact that the referee has supposedly had a awful game doesn't matter at all. It also doesn't matter if Bayern are one of the best teams in Europe...that scoreline is fucking appalling. Then Wenger has the cheek to mention the referee? xD I don't even care if there's been corruption involved, they've lost 10-2 for fuck sake, inexcusable. 

My timelines and social media are full of this 'the Premier League is the best and most competitive league in the world' stuff. It's fucking competitive because the top teams are fucking shite. City reached the semi final against Real Madrid in the Champions League but their performances particularly the 2nd leg were embarrassing. We reached a semi-final under Mourinho (the 2nd spell) against Atlético and our performances in that tie were embarrassing, worse than City's.

Archived