talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tue 7th March - Arsenal (2) 1-5 (10 (TEN)) Bayern Munich

Is anyone really that suprised that this happened,  Arsenal have been poor for such a long time now, they stuggle in nearly evey game. They only have 1 or 2 reallly good performances a season and that is it.   Tonight was just another showing on how poor Arsenal are and also the Manager again with no real clue what he is doing, no tactics, no plan, no real motivation, no real passion.   People can blame the players but these are players that have been brought in by Wenger, players like Xhaka are just not good enough at all he really isnt, its like have a wild hyper kid in the team and you cannot trust him as he will just blow up and do something stupid its just crazy how this kind of player was brought into the club. One of the worst players I have seen at Arsenal for the calibre of the money he was brought in for which Wenger needs to take full responsblitiy for.  This is also a player that has played against Munich in the same league and he looks light years behind those players in quality.   The only real player that really put a shift was The OX again he  was all over the place.      

Going into next season and if Wenger is still at the club I think Arsenal are taking up a better teams place in the competition, there is no point of them pushing so hard for them to qualify for it and then going through this embarrassment every year.  

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I thought Arsenal would lose this one much earlier in the game but they did put up a good fight and actually had Bayern on the backfoot for most of the first half but then it just all turned around and well then you get a 5 - 1 again and an aggregate that would make any manager want to quit but this is Wenger and he'll be around. Sanchez looked like he wasn't even in the game at times and as someone mentioned earlier OX was Arsenal's best man on the pitch yesterday. Its turning into a ritual for them now and I can't imagine anyone who manages the club wanting that for much longer.

29 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Alonso reliable as always. 

As for Arsenal, can only see the toxicity around the club increasing in the coming days. Whether Wenger survives that is debatable. He still has a huge support from the board, it seems.

He only has the boards support because they are still on track to finish 4th plus the money is coming in which is all what matters. The board are clueless regarding the football side so that is why Wenger has full control of it all, which is very very very worrying.

• Subscriber

Why are people moaning about the ref so much? Definite penalty and red card, made no attempt to go for the ball at all, just pushed him over as he was about to strike. How can you complain xD

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Why are people moaning about the ref so much?

Because it wasn't a penalty...  If it wasn't a penalty, it can't be a red card.

Lewandowski should've been booked for simulation and diving like a little girl.  He should be ashamed of himself for such a large shaped, longish boddied man.

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Lewandowski should've been booked for simulation and diving like a little girl.  He should be ashamed of himself for such a large shaped, longish boddied man.

Arsenal used to be a great team with 10 men back in the day, now the whole team just collapses or even when someone goes off injured. 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha what?! You can't be serious, take those blinkers off.

Koscielny barged him over when he was through on goal. As clear a penalty and red you'll see all season, made no attempt to play the ball.

10 minutes ago, Storts said:

Koscielny barged him over when he was through on goal. As clear a penalty and red you'll see all season, made no attempt to play the ball.

We also had a stone wall penalty not given in the first half to make it 2-0 mate.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We also had a stone wall penalty not given in the first half to make it 2-0 mate.

I don't disagree, that was the one error the ref made, but over the grand scheme of the tie, blaming the ref is absolutely bizarre. He didn't lose it, your spineless players did. The capitulation is both legs is absolutely embarrassing. The manager didn't do that, the players did.

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

I don't disagree, that was the one error the ref made, but over the grand scheme of the tie, blaming the ref is absolutely bizarre. He didn't lose it, your spineless players did. The capitulation is both legs is absolutely embarrassing. The manager didn't do that, the players did.

Our players are the most embarrassing bunch of players Arsenal Football Club has had in my entire lifetime.  They aren't worthy of wearing that shirt and only Alexis Sánchez is exempt.

But small details can change many things in a football match and the goals at the end which bulked the scoreline in favour of Bayern are extremely flattering and have very little to do with 90 minutes of football.

46 minutes ago, Storts said:

Give over. He's pushes off Koscielnys chest and takes off. Such an unnatural movement.

24 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Give over. He's pushes off Koscielnys chest and takes off. Such an unnatural movement.

He dives!

Not all contact is a foul even though it can even be a foul at times where there hasn't even been contact.  I can be accused of being biassed but when I watch football I can assure you that I'm not and I'm fair in my view.  I saw that repeated and that wasn't a penalty for me...  You can see Lewandowski's body action is totally conditioned so as to win a penalty which I can understand but where I question what the assistant on the goal line is there for as it was right in front of his nose.  Infact that same lines assistant was the one who made the referee change his mind on what he had originally seen as a yellow (it wasn't a foul) and changed it to a red.

• Subscriber

You're both chatting absolute nonsense - it was a clear push and penalty, no attempt to win the ball, he was in behind and you'd be absolutely livid if you didn't get that decision. It was a definite red when he gave the foul.

• Subscriber

He literally puts his arm across him and forces him to the ground. Going round in circles so not going to debate it any further but clear penalty for me, and think you'd all be disappointed if you didn't get it

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

He literally puts his arm across him and forces him to the ground. Going round in circles so not going to debate it any further but clear penalty for me, and think you'd all be disappointed if you didn't get it

If he forced him to the ground he would of went sideways over, but he went face down... 

27 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

If he forced him to the ground he would of went sideways over, but he went face down... 

Put it this way...  If I'd have been a Bayern fan I'd have wanted the penalty because it's questionable.  But if it wasn't given I'd understand perfectly why it wasn't given.  The red card shenanigans are a total joke.

Archived