talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tue 7th March - Arsenal (2) 1-5 (10 (TEN)) Bayern Munich

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Put it this way...  If I'd have been a Bayern fan I'd have wanted the penalty because it's questionable.  But if it wasn't given I'd understand perfectly why it wasn't given.  The red card shenanigans are a total joke.

As a Bayern fan if that wasn't given I'd doubt you'd understand perfectly xD.

Once the penalty is given, the premise of the red card being given has to follow after.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

As a Bayern fan if that wasn't given I'd doubt you'd understand perfectly xD.

Once the penalty is given, the premise of the red card being given has to follow after.

He gave a yellow!

The line assistant advised him otherwise over the mic. 

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

He gave a yellow!

the line assistant was correct. 

I get what you mean though - ref should have got it correct in the first place.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He gave a yellow!

Amazing how they can call a sending off decision but are unable to see if the ball has crossed over a line which they are standing right next to!   Sooner UEFA get rid of them the better. 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

He literally puts his arm across him and forces him to the ground. Going round in circles so not going to debate it any further but clear penalty for me, and think you'd all be disappointed if you didn't get it

Maybe you are used to players going to so easy by the amount of Penalties Spurs have got this season! 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Amazing how they can call a sending off decision but are unable to see if the ball has crossed over a line which they are standing right next to!   Sooner UEFA get rid of them the better. 

i'm amazed they missed the contact on Walcott in the first half for that penalty claim.

Why am I not surprised that a Spurs fan thinks that is a stone wall penalty and straight red card xD.  Arent you the same guy who made a fool out of yourself thinking you would finish above Arsenal last season who mocked st totteringham's day and eventually had to abandon that thread in TFF? xD

PS: For anyone who is going to quote me on how im cheering Arsenal's finish above Spurs, that is not true. Im not saying that is an achievement.

Penalty or not, red card or not, that was an embarrasing display by Arsenal and Wenger should take full responsibility. I would have liked if Wenger took the responsibility in the post match interview, instead he just blamed the ref and walked away. 

Well he is the only one who said its a stone wall pen and a sure shot red. May be with the Penalty some people agreed, but clearly no one has said it should be a red apart from that drunk ref. Not even a single pundit or fan I saw on media or social media agreed thats a red. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Asura said:

Well he is the only one who said its a stone wall pen and a sure shot red. May be with the Penalty some people agreed, but clearly no one has said it should be a red apart from that drunk ref. Not even a single pundit or fan I saw on media or social media agreed thats a red. 

they're the rules though. Red had to be given.

If you give a penalty in the box for a foul like a push, pull or no clear attempt to get the ball, then it's a red card. Referee wrongly gave a yellow. Was rightly corrected by the assistant. Job done. 

1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

they're the rules though. Red had to be given.

If you give a penalty in the box for a foul like a push, pull or no clear attempt to get the ball, then it's a red card. Referee wrongly gave a yellow. Was rightly corrected by the assistant. Job done. 

he didnt push with his hands... it was more like a shoulder push. penalty? maybe yes but never a red. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Asura said:

he didnt push with his hands... it was more like a shoulder push. penalty? maybe yes but never a red. 

ffs you don't get it.

it doesn't mean a push with the hands. the point being there was no attempt to get the ball and he's barged/pushed Lewandowski over.

1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

ffs you don't get it.

it doesn't mean a push with the hands. the point being there was no attempt to get the ball and he's barged/pushed Lewandowski over.

I know what you are talking about. But he didnt stop Lewa from behind like where you cant reach the ball and just try to pull a shirt and stop the player... they were both going for the ball. By your logic all those players shielding the ball and shoulder pushing the opponents from getting it while its going out of bounds should get a yellow because they are not attempting to get the ball but they are indeed stopping the opponent from getting the ball. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived