• Join one of the best football forums on the internet!

Join in on the discussion with fans from around the world. Signing up takes seconds!

We also have off-topic sections where you can discuss anything from your favourite music to whatever game you're currently playing.

Sign in to follow this  
Kitchen Sales

Tue 7th March - Arsenal (2) 1-5 (10 (TEN)) Bayern Munich

Asura    118

No hope and no chance for Arsenal. Knowing them they might win this match 3-0 and eventually lose the tie.

Chaaay AFC    71

I feel this isn't going to go well for us, we usually have a mini-comeback in second-legs after terrible firsts, but not today.

1-3 Bayern.

Will crease if Arsenal win this 3-1 or something and have a good period in the game where they look like they could do the comeback. xD Happens every year. 

Cicero    598

'Wenger Out 'protests going on right now outside Highbury. Good turnout apparently. 

Cannabis    1,326

Bayern shouldn't need to get out of first gear to win this tie. My guess is that it will be a bore 1-1 draw, Arsenal getting a goal through ''gung-ho'' attacking football and the Germans getting the equaliser on the counter-attack. Whatever happens it'll be in vein as the score-line in Munich is just too much to claw back - the only chance Arsenal have for success this season is lifting the FA Cup.

1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

odds on Robben cutting in and scoring? 

Monreal/1

Chaaay AFC    71

I really like our line-up and Welbeck has gone and got injured in the warm-up! Giroud has come in for him, no idea why we wouldn't go like for like with Perez but oh well.

Stan    1,368

Goal Arsenal!! Walcott smashes it in to the top of the net from a tight angle. 1-0.

Machado    172
3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Walcott needs to do better than that shit dancing in front of goal.

There you go... Game on B|

SirBalon    914

Oh my days! It's been a long time since I've seen a goalkeeping schoolboy error in the Champions League. What the hell was Neuer thinking?

Stan    1,368

True, it was poor from Neuer. Can't be being beaten like that at your near post, if at all.

SirBalon    914

The penalty not given is daylight robbery. Typical though... Bayern are the much more glamorous side. 

Stan    1,368

Koscielny red card and Bayern penalty.

Ref showed a yellow to start with?

Lewandowski scores the penalty.

Chaaay AFC    71

I've never seen those officials make any sort of decision but that guy has made tow pretty big calls there. 

Fair enough on our penalty shout but to send Koscielny off was ridiculous.

SirBalon    914

There is absolutely no point in watching this. What makes me laugh is all those comments about favouritism toward Barça in the day and not much said on what goes on these days. Maybe it's acceptance. 

Tommy    810
Just now, Machado said:

Arsenal only need 5 goals now.

Now they'll truly regret not keeping Bendtner. 

Cannabis    1,326

Just got back from the gym in time to see Robben's goal. This is going exactly how I thought it would, Arsenal to have enough in the tank to breach Neuer's goal but not enough about them to keep Munich at bay. To lose 7-2 (even on aggregate) deserves a serious inquest when you're at this stage in the competition. 

What happened with the red card by the way? 

SirBalon    914

As everyone knows, I'm no Wenger supporter and I've been very critical of Arsenal this season. But this game has been daylight robbery on many avenues.

People can  joke all they like but this game has been pure bullshit. 

Cicero    598

Can we all just appreciate Xabi Alonso?

35 years old, controlling both legs and absolutely taking the mickey out of Arsenal's midfield. 

Cannabis    1,326

When was the last time a triple substitution was used? :o

No doubt there will be more Wenger protests after tonight is done. You can have whatever views you want about the man but did the fans really expect anything other than what they're getting tonight? The tie was lost in Germany, there's no use protesting and crying on the back of these 90 minutes. 

SirBalon    914

Bayern handed victory. I'll be observing their next passage for any complaints against any refereeing decisions. 

Cannabis    1,326
Just now, Cicero said:

Can we all just appreciate Xabi Alonso?

35 years old, controlling both legs and absolutely taking the mickey out of Arsenal's midfield. 

He's brilliant isn't he? I still can't believe Liverpool let him go. 

SirBalon    914
Just now, Cannabis said:

When was the last time a triple substitution was used? :o

No doubt there will be more Wenger protests after tonight is done. You can have whatever views you want about the man but did the fans really expect anything other than what they're getting tonight? The tie was lost in Germany, there's no use protesting and crying on the back of these 90 minutes. 

Who was coaching the side in Germany?

Tommy    810

3:1 Douglas Costa. Beautiful goal. 

Xhaka hasn't lost his interest in collecting cards, I see. 

Cannabis    1,326
Just now, SirBalon said:

Who was coaching the side in Germany?

Don't get me wrong mate, I support the ''Wenger Out'' protests for various reasons, I'm just saying that anyone that jumps on the band-wagon because of this game should take a hard look at themselves. 

As an Evertonian (as in, a team wanting to break into the Top 4) I want Wenger to stay which really says it all. 

Stan    1,368
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just got back from the gym in time to see Robben's goal. This is going exactly how I thought it would, Arsenal to have enough in the tank to breach Neuer's goal but not enough about them to keep Munich at bay. To lose 7-2 (even on aggregate) deserves a serious inquest when you're at this stage in the competition. 

What happened with the red card by the way? 

Koscielny fouled Lewandowski in the box (pushed him in the back).
Ref only gave a yellow along with the penalty.
After consultation with the guys next to the goal, ref changed it to a red as it was a professional foul and Koscielny didn't make an attempt for the ball.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this