talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tue 7th March - Arsenal (2) 1-5 (10 (TEN)) Bayern Munich

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As everyone knows, I'm no Wenger supporter and I've been very critical of Arsenal this season. But this game has been daylight robbery on many avenues.

People can  joke all they like but this game has been pure bullshit. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

When was the last time a triple substitution was used? :o

No doubt there will be more Wenger protests after tonight is done. You can have whatever views you want about the man but did the fans really expect anything other than what they're getting tonight? The tie was lost in Germany, there's no use protesting and crying on the back of these 90 minutes. 

Who was coaching the side in Germany?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just got back from the gym in time to see Robben's goal. This is going exactly how I thought it would, Arsenal to have enough in the tank to breach Neuer's goal but not enough about them to keep Munich at bay. To lose 7-2 (even on aggregate) deserves a serious inquest when you're at this stage in the competition. 

What happened with the red card by the way? 

Koscielny fouled Lewandowski in the box (pushed him in the back).
Ref only gave a yellow along with the penalty.
After consultation with the guys next to the goal, ref changed it to a red as it was a professional foul and Koscielny didn't make an attempt for the ball.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Don't get me wrong mate, I support the ''Wenger Out'' protests for various reasons, I'm just saying that anyone that jumps on the band-wagon because of this game should take a hard look at themselves. 

As an Evertonian (as in, a team wanting to break into the Top 4) I want Wenger to stay which really says it all. 

Mate... He coached the side in Munich and got done like a kipper.

What messes me up is that this game was destroyed by the ref and the score masks pure bullshit. Bayern were average before the moment the referee made various calls. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Xhaka, dubbed as the next Xabi Alonso, looking mediocre against a 35 Xabi Alonso

Who dubbed him that? Journalism at its best it seems. He's average with some attributes like I've been saying. 

I told Spike that against the top midfielders he'll be found out. 

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The way Germans put a ':' instead of a '-' when posting football results is as wrong as putting pineapple on a pizza.

Pineapple Ham Pizza is delicious. 

• The title was changed to Tue 7th March - Arsenal (2) 1-5 (10 (TEN)) Bayern Munich

Archived