talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2020 Qualifying Draw

football forum

• Administrator

I don't get how this works but here's the draw, to be updated as it progresses...

Group A - England, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Kosovo
Group B - Portugal, Ukraine, Serbia, Lithuania, Luxembourg
Group C - Netherlands, Germany, Northern Ireland, Estonia, Belarus
Group D - Switzerland, Denmark, Republic of Ireland, Georgia, Gibraltar
Group E - Croatia, Wales, Slovakia, Hungary, Azerbaijan
Group F - Spain, Sweden, Norway, Romania, Faroe Islands, Malta
Group G - Poland, Austria, Israel, Slovenia, Macedonia, Latvia
Group H - France, Iceland, Turkey, Albania, Moldova, Andorra
Group I - Belgium, Russia, Scotland, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, San Marino
Group J - Italy, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Finland, Greece, Armenia, Liechtenstein

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

It will take hours to do because of how convoluted and confusing it is. 

Really want Germany in this. 

It's actually happening quite quickly xD 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Northern Ireland get screwed because of UEFA's batshit rules. And the Republic of Ireland benefit. Can imagine this goes down well.

Yeah was odd seeing that, just because the tournament is multi-hosted. 

Stroke of luck for ROI.

Can’t really complain for that draw for England. A relatively easy draw there, Footballing wise.

From a spectating point of view, I can’t really remember England playing Czech Republic or Bulgaria in recent years and we’ve never faced Kosovo. Montenegro is a bit meh, I feel like since they’ve been involved with FIFA, we’ve played them a fair amount. 

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Can’t really complain for that draw for England. A relatively easy draw there, Footballing wise.

From a spectating point of view, I can’t really remember England playing Czech Republic or Bulgaria in recent years and we’ve never faced Kosovo. Montenegro is a bit meh, I feel like since they’ve been involved with FIFA, we’ve played them a fair amount. 

We faced Bulgaria in 2012 qualifying went to the game. Had some awkward games against Montenegro. Should win the group really but Czech republic have a good record in European qualifying

5 hours ago, Stan said:

I don't get how this works but here's the draw, to be updated as it progresses...

Group A - England, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Kosovo
Group B - Portugal, Ukraine, Serbia, Lithuania, Luxembourg
Group C - Netherlands, Germany, Northern Ireland, Estonia, Belarus
Group D - Switzerland, Denmark, Republic of Ireland, Georgia, Gibraltar
Group E - Croatia, Wales, Slovakia, Hungary, Azerbaijan
Group F - Spain, Sweden, Norway, Romania, Faroe Islands, Malta
Group G - Poland, Austria, Israel, Slovenia, Macedonia, Latvia
Group H - France, Iceland, Turkey, Albania, Moldova, Andorra
Group I - Belgium, Russia, Scotland, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, San Marino
Group J - Italy, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Finland, Greece, Armenia, Liechtenstein

The top 4 qualify and then you get the 4 Nations league play of winner's. I think the next tournament will be better quality than the last because of the process. England wanna play Czech republic away early. If we win that we have virtually qualified

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Montenegro caused us problems last time, be interesting to see how we do against them now that we've got a half decent team. 

If I remember rightly Kosovo have a decent team for a Gibraltar/San Marino like nation? Will probably be a 3-0 as opposed to an 8-0?

Kosovo beat the likes of Finland recently

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Montenegro caused us problems last time, be interesting to see how we do against them now that we've got a half decent team. 

If I remember rightly Kosovo have a decent team for a Gibraltar/San Marino like nation? Will probably be a 3-0 as opposed to an 8-0?

I don't think they are as small as those countries. And they got promoted in the nations league. We should win but it won't be 8.0

England have a Friday night home game and a Saturday but it kicks-off at 5pm, which is annoying, I was hoping for a 7.45 kick-off so I could do another game that day. 

Most likely do the Bulgaria game, might give Czech Republic a miss as I am planning on a day out on the Saturday. Not fancying Tuesday or Thursday nights against Kosovo or Montenegro tbh. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The top 4 qualify and then you get the 4 Nations league play of winner's. I think the next tournament will be better quality than the last because of the process. England wanna play Czech republic away early. If we win that we have virtually qualified

We usually get our toughest fixture first. Happened the last couple of times.

14 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@True Blue. What do you think of Bosnia's chances? Gotta be quite confident?

Not bad of a group mate, Italy obviously favorites with them being poor in quite some time. We always are paired with Greece, but we should win all the other games. With our current league of nations position, we could perhaps get to the Euro spot that way. Under Prosinečki we are getting results, but i am not impressed with the performances. I am not a big fan of the national team, because in the past politics were heavily involved. Only thing i enjoy seeing is new players and young players getting their chances. If we defeat Greece i think the games against Italy will be crucial for the top spot.

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

Not bad of a group mate, Italy obviously favorites with them being poor in quite some time. We always are paired with Greece, but we should win all the other games. With our current league of nations position, we could perhaps get to the Euro spot that way. Under Prosinečki we are getting results, but i am not impressed with the performances. I am not a big fan of the national team, because in the past politics were heavily involved. Only thing i enjoy seeing is new players and young players getting their chances. If we defeat Greece i think the games against Italy will be crucial for the top spot.

I think Finland could be the biggest threat for second spot. They're on a good run

8 hours ago, True Blue said:

Knowing us we could lose to Liechtenstein, so that wouldn't be a great surprise

Well you have done well recently.  And you did reach the world cup in Brazil

15 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well you have done well recently.  And you did reach the world cup in Brazil

Overall i think we are as good as we can be. A country with 3.5 mill people and still have players that played and are playing in the biggest league's in the World.

7 hours ago, True Blue said:

Overall i think we are as good as we can be. A country with 3.5 mill people and still have players that played and are playing in the biggest league's in the World.

Yeah I know what you mean. Some people think that population size makes no difference. I don't agree I think a country like Bosnia will always struggle to compete with larger counties

Everyone knows about Uruguay with a population of 3.4 million. 

But Wales with 2.8 million didn’t do too badly in the last European Championships or even Iceland with... read the number well... with 302 thousand inhabitants (not even 0.5 million).

Croatia have almost 4.5 million inhabitants and just reached the World Cup Final some months back and Belgium with 10 million didn’t do too bad because infact they eliminated England with a population to choose from that reaches almost 55 million... Five times the size, 5 times the options to choose from.

I could go on and on by making serious comparisons, but let’s leave it there. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived