• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2020 Qualifying Draw

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/12/2018 at 16:03, SirBalon said:

Everyone knows about Uruguay with a population of 3.4 million. 

But Wales with 2.8 million didn’t do too badly in the last European Championships or even Iceland with... read the number well... with 302 thousand inhabitants (not even 0.5 million).

Croatia have almost 4.5 million inhabitants and just reached the World Cup Final some months back and Belgium with 10 million didn’t do too bad because infact they eliminated England with a population to choose from that reaches almost 55 million... Five times the size, 5 times the options to choose from.

I could go on and on by making serious comparisons, but let’s leave it there. 

I think you will find most disagree with you about population size making no difference

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think you will find most disagree with you about population size making no difference

But what about what I just wrote?

Do we just dismiss it?

Or shall we start the Monty Python Life of Brian scene “What have the Romans ever done for us?”

xD

It's needs it own thread. And when we talk about population size we are talking about in genraly and over the history of football. Finding acceptions at certain times doesnt prove your point. 

• 1 month later...
On 05/12/2018 at 14:10, ScoRoss said:

"According to Euro 2020 competition regulations, every team with a free matchday must fill it with a friendly."

Why though? :dam:

They introduce the Nations League to 'scrap' friendlies, but are now forcing teams to play them.

This.  

• The topic was unpinned

Archived