talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fred Annoyed at Jose Mourinho Over Lack of Appearances

Manchester United midfielder Fred has revealed his frustration at Jose Mourinho after a lack of game-time cost him his place in the Brazil squad.

The 25-year-old has failed to establish himself at Old Trafford following a £52m move from Shakhtar Donetsk to the Premier League over the summer.

Having been an unused member of Brazil's World Cup squad in Russia due to injury, Fred started three of his country's first four matches after the tournament, but was then left out by Tite for recent friendlies against Uruguay and Cameroon.

Jose Mourinho has played Fred in just four of United's last 11 Premier League games

"I've played very little at United, so it's normal for Professor Tite not to be able to evaluate me, even though I've worked hard with him before," Fred told the Sunday Mirror.

"Of course, I was annoyed, but I have to know how to deal with the sadness to be able to help me take a step forward.

"The coach (Mourinho) has chosen not to put me in the team. That's his choice. I still do my job and I can't let it affect my mindset, I cannot let that shake me. I have to be patient."

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived