talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2016/2017 - 13th - 15th April

The Old Testament states that, according to Austin 3:16; 

'Thou Lord and Saviour shall be crucified to repent our sins, but thou shall be resurrected and thine will celebrate with bunnies, chocolate eggs and football'

Fast forward to 2017 and this tradition is still continued to this day.

Yes, I'm bored.

Championship

Thursday 13th April

Wigan Athletic v Barnsley (19.45)

Friday 14th April

Brentford v Derby County

Bristol City v Queens Park Rangers

Huddersfield Town v Preston North End

Norwich City v Fulham

Nottingham Forest v Blackburn Rovers

Rotherham United v Birmingham City

Sheffield Wednesday v Cardiff City

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Brighton & Hove Albion (17.00)

Burton Albion v Ipswich Town (19.45)

Newcastle United v Leeds United (19.45)

Saturday 15th April

Aston Villa v Reading

League One

Thursday 13th April

Bury v Rochdale (19.45)

Friday 14th April

Bradford City v Oxford United

Chesterfield v Southend United

Coventry City v Charlton Athletic

Gillingham v Bristol Rovers

Millwall v Northampton Town

Milton Keynes Dons v Scunthorpe United

Peterborough United v Fleetwood Town

Port Vale v Sheffield United

Shrewsbury Town v Walsall

Swindon Town v AFC Wimbledon

Saturday 15th April

Oldham Athletic v Bolton Wanderers (12.30)

Bolton can secure promotion if they win, Fleetwood and Bradford lose and Scunthorpe fail to win.

Coventry City will be relegated if they fail to win. Coventry will also be relegated if they win and Bury, Gillingham and Shrewsbury also win.

Chesterfield will be relegated if they lose and Bury, Gillingham and Shrewsbury draw or win.

League Two

Friday 14th April

Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle (14.30)

Blackpool v Accrington Stanley

Colchester United v Doncaster Rovers

Crawley Town v Cheltenham Town

Crewe Alexandra v Notts County

Exeter City v Barnet

Grimsby Town v Cambridge United

Hartlepool United v Carlisle United

Luton Town v Leyton Orient

Newport County v Yeovil Town

Stevenage v Morecambe

Wycombe Wanderers v Mansfield Town

Plymouth will be promoted if they win and Luton fail to win.

Leyton Orient will be relegated if they lose and Hartlepool and Cheltenham win.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Friday 14th April

Nottingham Forest v Blackburn Rovers

biggest game in the Championship for me. Blackburn lose and Bristol City/Burton get draws/wins, then that's that for them.

Blackburn must win to give themselves a chance in the other matches that follow. Forest will be on a high having beaten Huddersfield though. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

biggest game in the Championship for me. Blackburn lose and Bristol City/Burton get draws/wins, then that's that for them.

Blackburn must win to give themselves a chance in the other matches that follow. Forest will be on a high having beaten Huddersfield though. 

Huddersfield have well and truly helped to fuck up our season handing Bristol City, Burton and Forest 3 points each in recent weeks when they are going for the play-offs. Hope they don't go up.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd say that and Newcastle vs Leeds for me in the Championship.

However, Blackburn do have one hope in that they have Bristol City at home after Forest. Basically, Easter will most likely define Blackburn's fate........unless Zola finishes the job.

Absolutely imperative that we win, regardless of what Burton or Bristol City muster on the same day. Anything less than six points from these next two matches will see us relegated.

Massive weekend for us, if we do our job then by the end of it we could be pretty much up.

No Dwight Gayle, I'd like to see Mitrovic start, I thought he was a bit better than Murphy when he came on against Sheffield Wednesday.

Orient get relegated this weekend, though probably on Monday and not Friday. I'd say we've finally been put out of our misery with relegation confirmed but the misery will continue whilst the club is in the ownership of Francesco Becchetti. 

Over 100 years of being in the Football League about to be ended due to severe mismanagement. I should be sad about relegation but I come to accept our fate months ago and since then I've just watched another piece of Orient die with each passing week and my sadness actually comes from the fact that this could be the penultimate game I'll see at Brisbane Road whilst this owner is in charge. 

As for tomorrow's game we'll lose. I reckon 4-0. 

• Administrator

Apparently Wigan came back from 2 0 down to with 3 2 with only 20 mins to go last night. 

Nick Powell making the difference. Making the relegation picture that bit more interesting. 

• Administrator

Blackburn win on the day they needed to. Job done. Now repeat for Monday and it pulls Bristol City right back in to it.

What a win for Fulham, as well. Now the top scorers in the league and Norwich usually do well against any team at home. Got the win with 10 men as well and makes the play-off fight even more exciting.

Imagine if Huddersfied didn't make the play-offs xD. Not sure if it's even possible for that to happen but after cruising in the top 3 for majority of the season, they seem to be running out of steam. 

I feel a lot better than I did three hours ago! Not a bad time to score your first goal for a club either. Hopefully Ipswich do us a favour tonight, they could do with a win or else they face getting slightly dragged into the fun too. A win on Monday for us and the last three weeks will be very interesting indeed.

In other news, how the fuck Zola continues to be in charge at Birmingham City confuses everybody in Western civilisation.

Just read Birmingham players confronted each other after the final whistle both on the pitch and in the dressing room. What an utterly awful six months they've had. 2 wins in 23 for Zola, and the first team not to beat Rotherham in two months.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived