• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2016/2017 - 13th - 15th April

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Would be a great story if they went down :ph34r:

It would be quite something, looked reasonable play off candidates under Rowett. Can't recall an implosion of this scale.

Title gone. Only got ourselves to blame. Leeds didn't attack at all 2nd half until we let them at the end. Stupid wank decision to sit deep like that.

Decent performance though. Should have won by 2 or 3 goals. Finishing not clinical enough and Rob Green was excellent.

Stewards thick as pig shit dragging that Leeds mong across the front of the Gallowgate violently goading Newcastle fans. Recipe for disaster, punches and spit flying. Like a scene from Game of Thrones.

My thoughts.

Don't know how it wasn't about 13-0 by the time Roofe crossed and Wood buried that chance. Unbelievable. Story of Newcastle's season?

A valuable point for us albeit, very lucky and not really deserved. We only really created a couple of moments. The Pedraza effort which hit the bar early doors was very unlucky but we should have tried to get him on the ball more because he looked a threat.

Had an 'ok' first half which got progressively worse followed by an absolute terrible second half. We allowed Newcastle to come on to us too much which was a bad move, especially when you are giving Shelvey and Ritchie the ball so much. Our midfield really struggled to get the ball or use it well. Hernandez was a passenger, Phillips was poor.

Clearly we were never going to hold out with the chances and corners Newcastle kept creating. Rob Green was fantastic though. And Pontus Jansson showed why he was in the Football League Team of the Year. Inspired performance.

Credit where it's due, we hung in there. We defended well and we stayed in the game long enough to give us a chance to do what we did. And that is great testament to our team spirit and where it's got us to this point. We are not the best free flowing team in the top 6 but we have got a lot of heart which is why we are so proud this season.

Clinical finish from Wood. Criminal for Newcastle to go to sleep and give him of all people all that space in the penalty area but speaks volumes for the guy to bury his one chance of the game in the 95th minute in front of 50,000 people in a must not lose game.

Given results today, that was a huge moment for us. Four more games to seal the deal. It would be heartbreaking to lose out now.

QPR at home again, not putting our chances away and then fucking about at the back gifting the game away. 4 points pissed away.

Bristol City at home and Norwich City away, embarrassing individual errors fucking us over. 4 points pissed away.

We are our own worst enemies, top scorer and goal machine Chris Wood with enough room to pitch a fucking tent in the dying moments to blow them two points away. Shambolic. Colback coming on really did mess our shape up, I would rather the cunt broke his knees and never played again than pull on our shirt again he is a fucking third rate plodder and can fuck off.

Enough of the anger, we played very well tonight but our finishing was shocking. Enjoyed the match as a spectacle and had the kick in the cunt not occurred I would have it down as best game I've attended this season after Norwich. The atmosphere was class as well at times, makes a nice change not being amongst wankers going off it with the team for passing the ball backwards, the whole stadium got going loads.

Seen loads of people calling Leeds fans scum and all the rest of it on Twitter but fucking hell give me that over daytrippers wearing jester hats and sitting down in silence all match. Proper club with proper fans. That fat pitch invader apparently got a good hiding as well. 

Win Monday and we are back on track, don't and we will balls it up.

That's actually the first time in ages we've got at the opponents final 3rd as frequently as that and it's probably because Hayden is back alongside Shelvey and back to his old self.

We've had a long spell of Colback dragging this team down. I could hear people cursing him on the way out of the ground because he gave away the free kick that started the pressure in the last minute.

Lascelles is in bad form as well. Costing us a goal a game with his lack of focus. Maybe this season is a bit too long for him, a bit too much. 

9 of that 11 were part of the team that got us relegated last season and for a similar reason at home. You've got to put chances away. Just need to get over the line so we can breath a huge sigh of relief and move on and up as a club.

I struggle to see how Colback is a professional Footballer.

Can't tackle, can't shoot, can't pass the ball longer than 5-10 yards, not particularly fast or strong, not good in the air, anyone want to tell me? His shitness has cost us big time this season, Blackburn away his pathetic foul and tonight too.

Should have picked him up for free and let the pale skinned, ugly ginger little soulless spastic rot in the reserves for giving it big licks and mocking us when he played for that lot down the A19.

1 hour ago, Any O'Brien said:

Colback coming on really did mess our shape up, I would rather the cunt broke his knees and never played again than pull on our shirt again he is a fucking third rate plodder and can fuck off.

:what: Still not sure of your feelings on the guy, stop sitting on the fence ffs.

Don't rate Colback at all, or Lascelles either for that matter. Both are shite but a lot of people are blinded by the fact that Lascelles is captain.

At 1-0 you're always at risk of conceding an equaliser, and giving a player like that acres of space in the box is fucking pathetic.

We've given ourselves a fighting chance along with other results (Birmingham only drawing and Burton losing), however, staying up is still a long shot. Great scenes at the end with the management, players and fans united applauding  each other - if we don't stay up then in recent months you can't question the spirit and effort under Mowbray. Coyle did the damage early in the season. I just hope we can hold on to Mowbray next season whether we stay up or not as he has changed a lot in his short time here. Players clearly respond to his management style and the confidence he brings them, and the fans are really behind him.

C9cnTVoXoAEi18j.jpg:large

• The topic was unpinned

Archived