talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mesut Özil to be Offered Inter Escape

Mesut Ozil was absent from the Arsenalsquad for the North London derby this afternoon, and having been unused at Bournemouth seven days ago, Inter Milanare offering the German a way out.

The Sun On Sunday report that the Italian giants are monitoring the situation after finding himself the subject of criticism for his performances.

The Gunners are reportedly willing to sell the former Germany international, whose contract runs out in 2021.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, 6666 said:

Still don't really know what went on with Ramsey's contract. A new contract was there and then someone pulled it off the table..?

8 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Asking for too much Money? 

Apparently it was all agreed and then Arsenal pulled out of the talks. 

Apparently it was agreed before the summer and then new people were employed who don't agree with the structure of the wages at Arsenal.  Those are the rumours although what is known to be factual is that a contract formulated by Arsenal had been offered and subsequently accepted by Aaron Ramsey... Then it was cancelled by the club and no more talks held as of yet.

I don't want Aaron to go either as there are various others I prefer to see leaving but let's be honest... Arsenal's squad situation has been a total joke for many years now.  Absolutely no thought whatsoever had gone into the signing or the renewing of players.

Ozil is clearly not trusted by Emery and is not showing him enough in training, Ozil was a perfect player under the weak leadership of Wenger who was happy with players just to cruise through games for 90 minutes off and on form and till will be in the starting 11 in the next game.  Its just all change with Emery he is ruthless no matter if Ozil is on 350K a week, this is just the mess that was left behind by Gazidis and Wenger, also the same with Ramsey. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Apparently it was all agreed and then Arsenal pulled out of the talks. 

Was agreed by Gazidis as soon as there was a sniff he was leaving the club to go to AC Milan, the other directors withdraw Ramseys contract, so knowing how Gazidis does things with Ozil it must of been a huge amount of money that was agreed with Ramsey and others didn't think he was worth it. 

Özil's contract has been a disaster so far and could cause more issues. Any big player we sign or any top player up for renewal will be asking for the big money knowing Özil is on it. I understand from a marketing point of view he does make us money back, but 350k p/w is a joke. I can't see any way he leaves unless we make up some of his deal. 

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Özil's contract has been a disaster so far and could cause more issues. Any big player we sign or any top player up for renewal will be asking for the big money knowing Özil is on it. I understand from a marketing point of view he does make us money back, but 350k p/w is a joke. I can't see any way he leaves unless we make up some of his deal. 

Özil’s brandname has lost practically all of its appeal to interested parties that could potentially use it due to various factors with the most important one simply being newer names have taken over and then you have the usual suspects that have maintained their status while his isn’t what it once was.

Arsenal would find it extremely difficult to offload him because nobody will be willing to match his Arsenal wages.

Bare in mind also that due to his marketing appeal not being what it once was by a long margin, his club wages are all the more important these days. 

Nobody (or hardly anybody) listened to me when I was TOTALLY against his renewal. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Özil’s brandname has lost practically all of its appeal to interested parties that could potentially use it due to various factors with the most important one simply being newer names have taken over and then you have the usual suspects that have maintained their status while his isn’t what it once was.

Arsenal would find it extremely difficult to offload him because nobody will be willing to match his Arsenal wages.

Bare in mind also that due to his marketing appeal not being what it once was by a long margin, his club wages are all the more important these days. 

Nobody (or hardly anybody) listened to me when I was TOTALLY against his renewal. 

Thats very true, plus  he isnt even liked in his own country and there are not many Germans that do play aboard, which would of made him in the past very marketable for an overseas German but now Arsenal are stuck, it is one of the worst deals the club have actually done. 

25 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

He had offers from China in the summer didn't he? I'm sure they'll pay him whatever he wants.

Beijing isn’t London though, is it?

And he probably doesn’t feel that his time is up in European football. There’s also the view that this would be a confirmation that he has been crap by the standards his status was built on.

There is NO club in Europe that will pay him those wages at all, they’re not mugs. He may have convinced Arsenal with everything that that was occurring at the time but that’s not the issue elsewhere. 

The only solution I can see which amounts to him winding down his contract is to loan him out and us paying part of those wages. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Well considering his social media following and I'm pretty sure he is the biggest shirt seller I get the clubs point of view, but not for that money. I'm sure this was another Gazidis disasterclass though, actually think it's the best thing to happen to the club him leaving.

17 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I can't believe you're letting Ramsey go tbh. I'd throw whatever money he wants at him. 

Twice the player Ozil is and turns up in the big games.

Pretty much this..

sell Ozil if needed and keep Ramsey at all costs. The mysterious injuries Ozil is having suggests his time might be surely up at Arsenal under Emery, so be it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Ozil offered to Inter

Arsenal star Mesut Ozil has reportedly been offered to Inter Milan in recent days via intermediaries.

The playmaker has seen little action in 2019, with just two appearances totalling just over 100 minutes of game time after a reported breakdown in his relationship with Unai Emery - again missing this weekend’s game due to illness.

And according to Calciomercato Inter have been offered the player for the summer, with his wages proving a problem in bringing players in for the Premier League club.

Arsenal is allegedly prepared to take a strong hit on any transfer fee, though Inter are reportedly wary of taking on a deal for a player who is currently out of form who will also require vast wages.

https://www.football.london/premier-league/transfer-news-live-ozil-salah-15815406

• 7 months later...
43 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Who gave him a 300k wage per week should be shot and hang off the Tony Adams statue.

It was a tremendous error when we consider the club had to renage of the offer they then put on the table to Aaron Ramsey die to the fact the new financial team at the moment of calculating the numbers saw that the whole situation was spiralling out of control.

We mustn't ignore the fact that when you offer and renew a footballer or anyone in any transparent business, that you then set a precedent by which subsequent renewals of recruitments will have that as a benchmark.

The whole thing was a farce from beginning to end because they renewed Özil with that unearned contract while at the same time sold Alexis Sánchez on (let's not use hindsight here) to a major competitor in the very market we belong to. Then going back to the start of this particular post, we offered Ramsey (a performer) a contract that was relative to Mesut Özil's and then we backtracked, looking like fools, lost an important footballer, kept a player that has too many question marks with a contract no other club on the continent is willing to even get close to let alone match.

It's only normal Mesut Özil doesn't want to leave and has made any negotiation difficult because he knows his own real worth even at best which means that he won't get anywhere the same numbers he is currently receiving while having his name registered in the most marketable domestic product in the football world which is the Premier League. He's no fool, Arsenal FC are!

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked

Archived