talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Denis Suárez Available at Cut Price

AC Milan have contacted Barcelona over a possible deal for Denis Suarez, reports Calciomercato.

Hampered by injuries to Lucas Biglia and Giacomo Bonaventura, Milan have been forced to rethink their January transfer plans in midfield.

A loan deal for Suarez is an option. The 24–year-old, who is under contract at the Camp Nou until 2020, has found first-team opportunities hard to come by, and regular football could prove tempting.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Rafinha, Denis Suárez is wasting his time at Barça. He is way too talented to be waiting for the moment to be given the responsibility he is searching for and from which his talent derserves.

Years go by too quickly for us all and more so for footballers which means he should look for a way out now.  My only issue is the mess AC Milan is and even though there does seem to be some improvement on the chaos of their signings over the past three transfer windows, I'm still suspicious.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea are eyeing a January swoop for Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez to replace Cesc Fabregas, the Daily Mirror reports.

Maurizio Sarri reportedly does not want to let Fabregas go, but the Spaniard wants more game time with his contract expiring in the summer.

Bridge.

@Spike @True Blue @Bluewolf @carefreeluke @The Liquidator

Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez has reportedly been offered to Arsenal for a cut-price £14m as the club seek to rebuild that department with the expected departure of Aaron Ramsey.

Ramsey's contract expires at the end of the season, and he is free to sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club in January.

Unai Emery is already looking at alternatives, and The Independent report that Suarez's representatives have offered their player to top Premier League clubs, including Arsenal.

@SirBalon @Panna King @Gunnersauraus @6666 @Chaaay AFC @...Dan @shut up @Asura @bozziovai

I'd love to have Denis Suárez at Arsenal... I just know he'd be a hit!

But what really does need to happen for the kid is to move as quickly as possible because he is a fantastic player and it's evident that he isn't going to be a first team player.

The only reservation from a Barcelona perspective on Denis' immediate future is that due to the amount of injuries at the club right now, principally with Rafinha's longterm injury who plays in the same position, I just don't think Barça will let him go that easily in the January transfer window because signing that quality won't be easy and why sell to then search to buy the same (you ain't getting better than that in January). 

But if it were true that Arsenal are seriously interested, then I'd be very very happy indeed.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Looks like he's set to join Arsenal on loan with an option to buy after signing an extension with Barcelona.

Glad we didn't get forced into an obligation to buy, apparently Barca killed the deal with us because of this and were refusing to deal with us. Then they realised we had the best offer and let us have him, obviously not entirely sure if that's true but nice to get one on Barca. 

Anyway don't really have any expectations for this one, expect him to play out wide although I hear he can play central. I'm hoping he is good though.

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Anyway don't really have any expectations for this one, expect him to play out wide although I hear he can play central. I'm hoping he is good though.

Reports are that we're still looking to bring in either Carrasco or Perisic on loan so Denis Suarez I think is here to play centrally. Think Emery sees him as Ramsey's replacement for next season if things go well with this loan move.

Just now, 6666 said:

Reports are that we're still looking to bring in either Carrasco or Perisic on loan so Denis Suarez I think is here to play centrally. Think Emery sees him as Ramsey's replacement for next season if things go well with this loan move.

Yeah possibly but if he plays centrally I can only imagine he'll play the 10 as Emery has a defensive midfield fetish. I just think we need wingers though, we literally don't have any that's why I presume he will play out wide even if we do add Perisic or Carrasco.

• Subscriber

Arsenal close on Denis Suarez, set to miss Ivan Perisic

Arsenal set to land one of their main transfer targets

It has been a transfer that has been bubbling along, but it seems like Arsenal might finally land their man after Barcelona softened their stance on Denis Suarez's potential departure, according to the Independent.

Suarez was first linked with a reunion with Unai Emery, whom he worked with at Sevilla, back in December, but a lack of funds meant the Gunners were interested in only a loan deal for the former Manchester City midfielder, with the option to buy him in the summer, while Barcelona favoured a permanent switch.

Complicating matters, Sevilla swooped in with their own interest in buying Suarez outright. With Los Rojiblancos willing to depart with the cash now, Arsenal looked like they were set to miss out on one of their main transfer targets.

But it appears that a solution has been found, with the 25-year-old willing to extend his contract at Barca a further year to 2021 to protect his sell-on value when he is expected to move on permanently in the summer.

https://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3762797/live-transfer-talk-arsenal-close-on-denis-suarez-set-to-miss-ivan-perisic

• Subscriber

Denis Suarez: Arsenal sign Barcelona midfielder on loan

Arsenal have signed Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez on loan until the end of the season.

The La Liga champions have extended the 25-year-old's contract until June 2021, although the Gunners have a purchase option in the summer.

Spaniard Suarez has played 71 times for Barcelona since joining in 2013 but has only featured eight times this season.

He previously played under Gunners manager Unai Emery at Sevilla, when he was at the club on loan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47049873

• The topic was locked

Archived