talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-2 Arsenal - Wednesday 5th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's negative stuff that can be thrown at both sides during this game and I suppose a draw is justified although there was only one side that attempted to play football out there tonight (what I call football) and that was Arsenal.  Happy with the draw as it was an away game at Old Trafford of all places but then again you have to put the question in there too that this wasn't just any Man Utd... It was and is one of the worst if not the worst United side I've seen since I was a kid back in the late '70s.

Never thought I would see the genuine return of route one football to England's top division.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What was wrong with that from Lacazette? De Gea only had one hand on it.

Great finish from Mkhi when he's clearly offside.

Think there was a change of rule a while back. Keeper is classed as being in control of the ball, even with one hand. It’s only ‘live’ once he’s kicked it i think.

I'd have taken a draw and overall neither side was particularly good. I think had we not conceded so stupidly after our second I think we would of went on to win it but it wasn't to be. Hopefully the injuries to Ramsey and Holding are no too bad with a busy period coming up. The unbeaten run continues and we have a decent little run now.

Disappointing result that. 2nd equaliser was a disaster from us and the first shouldn't have stood. More annoying was Man Utd playing like dirty bastards. Fellaini primarily exists to be a shithouse now it seems. 20 unbeaten though so that's great but the way we gave away the lead and the injuries that came from this match doesn't make it feel like a positive result.

There's absolutely no pressure on us in reality (REALITY being the key word here) because of what was inherited.  This isn't Emery's squad and what he had to choose from was and is severely unbalanced.  There is absolutely no way whatsoever even with everyone fit to select a balance side out there to really compete. So what's being achieved is testimony to the coaching staff we have at the minute headed by Unai Emery.

There needs to be serious work done in the transfer window but it seems like an almost impossible task to do in one window anyway because here we're not talking just about signing players but also and more importantly, getting rid of seriously overpaid mediocrity.

In saying this, we are competing at a level that doesn't even belong to us which is where most level headed Arsenal fans should be very happy indeed.  But one must keep their feet in the ground because in the same manner it's gone very well indeed over the past 19 games unbeaten run, it can also go the other way just in the same manner as many individual games have ended up in our benefit when they could've easily gone pear shaped.

So that's why I'm very happy with the result and the injuries sustained aren't beneficial to us at all but then again we've been getting results with stuff that isn't all that anyway.

27 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'm like the most balanced poster on here. Never go too far either way. :coffee:

You're actually very biased towards arsenal. Not HP or teso level but very biased

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Arsenal need some leaders at the back, what they have there is just not good enough,  big questions marks about Leno also, looks good with ball with his feet but so dodgy at times which his decision making.  

Leno couldn't do too much with the two goals conceded as he had previously done good work in both situations which then ended up with defensive errors and him not being able to recover his bearings.

The most serious issue isn't even the centre of defence because people focus too much on the final move that results in a goal but forgets to look at what happens beforehand.  Our biggest problem defensively tonight were our full-backs because they weren't in tune with their centre backs at all even at times bumping into each other.  That isn't even coaching, that's got to do with not having the correct players for a system that's looking to be employed.

But we can't focus too much on all of that because the game is over and all that matters is the very next game now.  We got a draw away at Old Trafford after coming from a marvellous victory in a local derby against Spurs.  Considering what we have and where we've come from before the summer, one can't complain all that much at all.  The result is a good one but feels disappointing right away because it could've and should've been a victory.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There's absolutely no pressure on us in reality (REALITY being the key word here) because of what was inherited.  This isn't Emery's squad and what he had to choose from was and is severely unbalanced.  There is absolutely no way whatsoever even with everyone fit to select a balance side out there to really compete. So what's being achieved is testimony to the coaching staff we have at the minute headed by Unai Emery.

There needs to be serious work done in the transfer window but it seems like an almost impossible task to do in one window anyway because here we're not talking just about signing players but also and more importantly, getting rid of seriously overpaid mediocrity.

In saying this, we are competing at a level that doesn't even belong to us which is where most level headed Arsenal fans should be very happy indeed.  But one must keep their feet in the ground because in the same manner it's gone very well indeed over the past 19 games unbeaten run, it can also go the other way just in the same manner as many individual games have ended up in our benefit when they could've easily gone pear shaped.

So that's why I'm very happy with the result and the injuries sustained aren't beneficial to us at all but then again we've been getting results with stuff that isn't all that anyway.

I'm actually a bit disappointed with a draw. I thought utd were there for the taking. I think this utd side is the worst I've ever seen. Even worse than Moyes utd

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm actually a bit disappointed with a draw. I thought utd were there for the taking. I think this utd side is the worst I've ever seen. Even worse than Moyes utd

Of course it feels disappointing.  But we're the same team that beat Spurs convincingly only a few days ago where even you were euphoric.

One can't go into contrasting sentiments in a meter of a few days because it isn't coherent or even reasonable.  It's a draw, it's football and errors were made for whatever reason we can all look into.  The game is finished and it ended up in a draw!

How many times have we come away from Old Trafford with supremely better sides having lost?

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Of course it feels disappointing.  But we're the same team that beat Spurs convincingly only a few days ago where even you were euphoric.

One can't go into contrasting sentiments in a meter of a few days because it isn't coherent or even reasonable.  It's a draw, it's football and errors were made for whatever reason we can all look into.  The game is finished and it ended up in a draw!

How many times have we come away from Old Trafford with supremely better sides having lost?

Even I was euphoric??

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Even I was euphoric??

Euphoric!

Although some would call it drunk.

Look back through your posts immediately after the end of the Arsenal v Spurs game mate.  It's not important though, just me using how most Arsenal fans felt this weekend just gone and then suddenly feeling the need to put questions out there when like I said in my previous post, we've had supremely better sides at Old Trafford over the last decade and gone home with our tail between our legs with a defeat.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 2-2 Arsenal - Wednesday 5th December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived