talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-2 Arsenal - Wednesday 5th December, 2018

football forum

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Euphoric!

Although some would call it drunk.

Look back through your posts immediately after the end of the Arsenal v Spurs game mate.  It's not important though, just me using how most Arsenal fans felt this weekend just gone and then suddenly feeling the need to put questions out there when like I said in my previous post, we've had supremely better sides at Old Trafford over the last decade and gone home with our tail between our legs with a defeat.

Ah right. Back to your point.  Arsenal will drop point's against worse sides than utd. At the same time I would be disappointed with those results. A point at utd is a good result but the same time I think at the moment we are a better team and I think if we had the confidence tonight we could have won. No disrespect to utd though. They have won more than we can dream of but at the moment they are very poor by their standards.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Leno couldn't do too much with the two goals conceded as he had previously done good work in both situations which then ended up with defensive errors and him not being able to recover his bearings.

The most serious issue isn't even the centre of defence because people focus too much on the final move that results in a goal but forgets to look at what happens beforehand.  Our biggest problem defensively tonight were our full-backs because they weren't in tune with their centre backs at all even at times bumping into each other.  That isn't even coaching, that's got to do with not having the correct players for a system that's looking to be employed.

But we can't focus too much on all of that because the game is over and all that matters is the very next game now.  We got a draw away at Old Trafford after coming from a marvellous victory in a local derby against Spurs.  Considering what we have and where we've come from before the summer, one can't complain all that much at all.  The result is a good one but feels disappointing right away because it could've and should've been a victory.

Well with Leno he pushes the ball back into play so much allowing the opposition another chance, he has done this already several times this season.  Our full backs have been an issue all season and last season, Bellerin is great in forward positions but shocking defensively. Kolasinac is the same but he doesn't have a football brain, several times he got in key areas but didn't know where to place the ball, its areas I am sure Emery will address now he has had time to look at the squad.   

Overall anyone would take a point at Old Trafford but they were there for the taking tonight, it was a strange game how the goals came about but we didn't shut up like you need to after scoring, was rather school boy stuff at times. 

25 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not sure on the stick Ieno is getting he seemed ok to me

Just seems to push the ball back in the play of the opposition alot, he has done this several times,  apart from that he looks rather calm.  The defence I suppose are not helping which has changed several times this season. 

26 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I hope Fellaini gets a ban for pulling Guendouzi's hair. There's no place for that shit.

Added to the fact that fellainis hair (prior to the recent cut) resembled that of a clown.

definite suspension

would arsenal have to follow up on making that appeal or does the fa do that cuz it was blantantly shown on replays ?

Just now, Panna King said:

Just seems to push the ball back in the play of the opposition alot, he has done this several times,  apart from that he looks rather calm.  The defence I suppose are not helping which has changed several times this season. 

Leno has been suspect for some time. Falling out of favour of even the national team coach 

was kinda surprised that arsenal picked him up from bayer

Just now, The Käiser said:

Leno has been suspect for some time. Falling out of favour of even the national team coach 

was kinda surprised that arsenal picked him up from bayer

Well I think he was rather bought in for his distribution then his overall goalkeeping skills, getting dropped from Germany also isnt a bad thing when they have already 2 top keepers. 

7 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Added to the fact that fellainis hair (prior to the recent cut) resembled that of a clown.

definite suspension

would arsenal have to follow up on making that appeal or does the fa do that cuz it was blantantly shown on replays ?

Appeal for what? Teams don’t go to the FA with video replays of fouls or misconduct from the other team.......

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

There's absolutely no pressure on us in reality (REALITY being the key word here) because of what was inherited.  This isn't Emery's squad and what he had to choose from was and is severely unbalanced.  There is absolutely no way whatsoever even with everyone fit to select a balance side out there to really compete. So what's being achieved is testimony to the coaching staff we have at the minute headed by Unai Emery.

There needs to be serious work done in the transfer window but it seems like an almost impossible task to do in one window anyway because here we're not talking just about signing players but also and more importantly, getting rid of seriously overpaid mediocrity.

In saying this, we are competing at a level that doesn't even belong to us which is where most level headed Arsenal fans should be very happy indeed.  But one must keep their feet in the ground because in the same manner it's gone very well indeed over the past 19 games unbeaten run, it can also go the other way just in the same manner as many individual games have ended up in our benefit when they could've easily gone pear shaped.

So that's why I'm very happy with the result and the injuries sustained aren't beneficial to us at all but then again we've been getting results with stuff that isn't all that anyway.

You see this nonsense spouting up? Emery for me inherited a mess, poor contract situations and most of his budget being splashed in the previous window. I really think he has massively over-achieved so far and has done much better than I thought he would.

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

There's absolutely no pressure on us in reality (REALITY being the key word here) because of what was inherited.  This isn't Emery's squad and what he had to choose from was and is severely unbalanced.  There is absolutely no way whatsoever even with everyone fit to select a balance side out there to really compete. So what's being achieved is testimony to the coaching staff we have at the minute headed by Unai Emery.

There needs to be serious work done in the transfer window but it seems like an almost impossible task to do in one window anyway because here we're not talking just about signing players but also and more importantly, getting rid of seriously overpaid mediocrity.

In saying this, we are competing at a level that doesn't even belong to us which is where most level headed Arsenal fans should be very happy indeed.  But one must keep their feet in the ground because in the same manner it's gone very well indeed over the past 19 games unbeaten run, it can also go the other way just in the same manner as many individual games have ended up in our benefit when they could've easily gone pear shaped.

So that's why I'm very happy with the result and the injuries sustained aren't beneficial to us at all but then again we've been getting results with stuff that isn't all that anyway.

You see this nonsense spouting up? Emery for me inherited a mess, poor contract situations and most of his budget being splashed in the previous window. I really think he has massively over-achieved so far and has done much better than I thought he would.

5 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

There you go!

I don't want to go into politics here because it isn't the pace and hasn't got anything to do with this but I'm gonna use it as a quick example.

In the same manner as I've accused the right-wing media of manipulating the British people over decades which subsequently ended in a result of voting for Brexit and making us believe that being worse off is better than the lies that we were being controlled by Europe.

That's the power of the media!

This example is either lazy journalism or extremely poor journalism... There is no middle ground and it's upto each individual to make up their minds.

What they don't understand is that even in the fantastical dreamland scenario that they're right (which they're obviously not) that Unai Emery inherited a great legacy from Arsène Wenger...  Stupidly they would actually be making him look bad anyway because it's plainly obvious that we were on a quickening downward spiral!  Because I hope they're not suggesting that THIS season had Wenger been permitted to stay, he would've finally got it right?  xD

The best thing that can happen so as to really not destroy Wenger's legacy at Arsenal (because not all Arsenal fans are thick or transfixed in some occult way into the reverence of the French coach) is to leave him alone... Stop trying to prove a point and let it lie now.

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Appeal for what? Teams don’t go to the FA with video replays of fouls or misconduct from the other team.......

Didn't know it worked that way

Thought that harry Kane made an appeal to get a goal credited to him rather than his teammate.  

Why wouldn't a hair pull also be appealed?

when Suarez had his "teeth of God" moment it was not penalized on the pitch but afterwards

• Subscriber

Have to argue with you lads on this one. Wenger left behind a flawed and disorganised but still very talented squad. He was still bringing in the likes of Aubameyang for the club's long term benefit.

Contrast that with Fergie when he spent what was necessary for him to win one last title then fuck off into the sunset. Could have had it much worse than Arsene.

The contracts situation has been bad for years but surely the board take responsibility for that too?

18 hours ago, Panna King said:

Fair enough although as a shot stopper i think he is OK

• The title was changed to Man Utd 2-2 Arsenal - Wednesday 5th December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned
10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Have to argue with you lads on this one. Wenger left behind a flawed and disorganised but still very talented squad. He was still bringing in the likes of Aubameyang for the club's long term benefit.

Contrast that with Fergie when he spent what was necessary for him to win one last title then fuck off into the sunset. Could have had it much worse than Arsene.

The contracts situation has been bad for years but surely the board take responsibility for that too?

I think some, for some reason, want to pretend that there's zero link between us now and us from just a season ago which doesn't make much sense as it was just a season ago and there weren't that many changes in the summer.

Emery's definitely brought in a newer mentality which has motivated players and he's has a more precise and analytical way about him but as you say, he was left a lot to play with. Last season pretty much served as a set up for this season with a lot of key players leaving and new key players coming in. Only big player that's come in this season who's made a big difference is Torreira.

Emery coming in this season was definitely better for him than if he came in just before last season.

mad that people are blaming Leno for Utd's second goal... if anyone, it has to be Kolanisac for that stupid play and taking the ball towards the goal rather than towards the wing... Leno reacted late but I believe he wasnt expecting dumbery of that size from Sead....

Great display from arsnenal once again but I believe two good points were unnecessarily dropped 

19 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Thought that harry Kane made an appeal to get a goal credited to him rather than his teammate.  

when Suarez had his "teeth of God" moment it was not penalized on the pitch but afterwards

I think appealing for a goal to be credited is rather different though. Suspension only benefits other teams in the long run. You also can’t compare a pull of the hair to biting someone. The hair pull hasn’t been covered in huge detail in the medie because it’s an absolutely nothing event. Biting your opponent is a tad more extreme and even then, it wasn’t Chelsea that appealed for a ban for the Ivanovic incident.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think appealing for a goal to be credited is rather different though. Suspension only benefits other teams in the long run. You also can’t compare a pull of the hair to biting someone. The hair pull hasn’t been covered in huge detail in the medie because it’s an absolutely nothing event. Biting your opponent is a tad more extreme and even then, it wasn’t Chelsea that appealed for a ban for the Ivanovic incident.

:D

On 06/12/2018 at 11:42, The Käiser said:

Why did you have to remind me?

Harry Kane appealed to take a goal off a teammate so he could claim an offside goal. What a knobhead.

Archived