• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 4-5th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This has to be the worst game I have seen us play this season.... We have put them under no real pressure at all.. 

Hindsight is a bastard. 

I get we can't play Hazard, Giroud, and Pedro every game, but its no coincidence that our momentum up top finished the moment Sarri changed things up. All started with against United at home, when Sarri strangely started Morata over Giroud.  Morata and Willian should be good enough for us to rotate, but fact of the matter is, they are fucking shite!

Fuming right now. Can't wait to hear what the usual big mouths have to say now. 

• Subscriber

Shite. Should have been smashing that lot, absolutely nothing on offer. I'm not going to get too salty about it but it looked to me like they've spent the last few days practicing how to commit as many fouls as possible as a team without actually getting a red card.

Lookman was disappointing but needs more opportunities. The rest of our attack bar Richarlison and Sigurdsson have now just been shite for most of the season. Walcott, Bernard, Tosun have offered nothing between them for literally months. The quality on the ball wasn't good enough further back either. Digne and Gueye particularly poor decision making in possession.

Our set piece delivery is embarrassing as well. It's been going on for years and it's not unusual in games where we have so much of the ball for us to have 30 corners and free kicks put into the area to create nothing. Tonight's goal came from a corner but even that one was met by a Newcastle player and luckily deflected to Richarlison.

Not panicking because we dominated the game but we need to be hammering the likes of Newcastle, with all due respect, at home. Pissed off with that.

It's the same fucking nonsense. One striker offers just hold up play whereas the other offers fuck all. Wingers are predictable.  No width from the full backs. Left side of defence is suspect defending whereas the right side offers nothing going forward. 

Sarri can't play the same starting XI every game. Yet we can't rotate because our options are fucking useless frauds. 

Looks like we got to beat City now. HA! 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

@SirBalon did that to me once, was rather enjoyable :$.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

He does that to everyone though mate... bet he tried to make you feel as though you were the special one at the time though... that's how he worms his way in.. 

I'm always subtle in my rear-entry approach so as to not cause too much damage... You know how insurance companies work these days where the one that comes in from behind always gets the blame but never take into consideration the fact sometimes the one in front is asking for trouble.  :ph34r:

When I saw the lineup I thought we were throwing the game. Atsu, Murphy and Manquillo. 3 players lucky if they are even on the bench. For what we put out there it worked well enough. Atsu and Murphy had reasonable goes for who they are.

We were only ever uncomfortable when Everton players ran beyond the ball. 

Back 5 is the way forward for us I think.

• Administrator

I'll take a point but it's a place we really should be getting 3 points. 

First half was okay and 2nd half less so.

Ill give Puel credit for sticking another striker up with Iheanacho as he desperately needed some support. Okazaki was the difference as he probably had more touches than Iheanacho did all game xD. Did well to set up the goal for Maddison. 

We should have been ahead after 2 minutes but Iheanacho shot straight at the keeper. After that it was a lot of Fulham chances and Kasper made a superb save to tip round the post. 

We could have won it at the end and perhaps if Fulham had more of a cutting edge they'd have done better and got the 3 points but looking at the bigger picture it's 7 games unbeaten. 

Saturday could be interesting as Spurs may rest some players for their important Champions League tie against Barca... 

• Subscriber

Both teams will feel like it's two dropped. Fulham because they were leading late on against a side who were frankly dreadful on the day. Leicester because we've somehow taken a point when you feel like we weren't close to our best. So many off days. Iheanacho I'd happily never see start another game. The bloke is so far off being good enough to start in this league it is unreal, it's such a comedown from the relentless pressing, finishing, pace and desire of Vardy to go to Iheanacho who is frankly lazy and brainless. People trot out the age excuse for him but these are serious fundamental flaws in his game. I don't think he'll ever be good enough.

Team selection was baffling. Injuries piling up by the looks of it. Didn't expect to see Simpson start. It's a shame how badly Soyuncu sold himself for their goal, it's a truly terrible bit of defending but a shame because up until that point he'd had a really decent game, promising signs from him other than that but he's got to take that one on the chin.

We are in serious trouble if Vardy ever gets a long term injury. Spurs game is a write off if he isn't fit. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Keita was good tonight. Involved in almost everything good Liverpool did. Unlucky not to score and would have but for a good save from Hart

His ability to recover from a lost ball was great. He'd lose the ball and chase immediately to get it back and 7 / 10 times he'd get it back too. I was hoping that he'd get on the sheet last night as he was very good and covered the space he was operating in very well. I also like that he tracks relentlessly and that is a very useful quality when you're getting pressured and need someone to lead everyone else with a response.

Incredible thing is that after our goal we completely stopped playing. Tried the control game and even had a chance through Willian and Morata to kill the game off. Then Wolves managed their first shot on target and they were level. Kepa should have done better, Christensen was Christensen and our side with Alonso was non existent. Both goals came through the same side, and if Alonso starts again against City then Sarri will be sacked by December. Only players worth a decent wage last night were Cesc, Ruben and Azpilicueta. People will probably say i am mad but Hazard was again very poor. His stats this season say otherwise, but if he will held us on thick ice by his new contract and can't manage over 17 goals per season overall we are heading in the wrong direction. Wolves were also kicking us all over the place, basically out muscled us.

With that defense City will be looking at 0-2,0-3 at half time on saturday.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

His ability to recover from a lost ball was great. He'd lose the ball and chase immediately to get it back and 7 / 10 times he'd get it back too. I was hoping that he'd get on the sheet last night as he was very good and covered the space he was operating in very well. I also like that he tracks relentlessly and that is a very useful quality when you're getting pressured and need someone to lead everyone else with a response.

I only caught the last 30 minutes. Great to hear Keita was MOTM. that's definitely encouraging. Sometimes you do wonder whether it will still be milner hendo as gini by the end of the season...

Hopefully Keita keeps himself fit now. He started off well then hit a bad patch, then got injured. He looked like the player we all thought we were getting again last night. He offers something different to the others in midfield. He gets the ball and looks to drive forward. He could be huge for us in the second half of the season

• The topic was unpinned

Archived