• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

StatAttack!

football forum

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Apparently Wolves' six Portuguese players in their starting line up against Huddersfield last Sunday was the highest number of non-English players of the same nationality starting an English top flight league game ever.

• Administrator

Not sure how long they've been out of the top flight for before they were promoted a couple of seasons ago, but this stat from the BBC is a good'un...

Huddersfield haven’t won a midweek top-flight game (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) since March 1971 (3-0 vs Crystal Palace), drawing six and losing eight since then.

• Subscriber

Tonight's loss for Watford makes this their worst start to a Premier League campaign since they've come back up - which is pretty amazing really because they've not had a bad start at all. They're very fast starters.

Other one when I saw Leicester and West Brom's names... it's the fixture that has been played the most times in the Premier League that is yet to see a home win. It is weird how frequently we win there but have no idea what to do at home to them.

Surely this season can't be far off a record for the top flights number of teams within the M25, with 7 out of the 20.

On 03/12/2018 at 14:09, Cannabis said:

On 03/12/2018 at 14:26, Dr. Gonzo said:

Okay how about this one from OptaJoe.

On 03/12/2018 at 14:32, Cannabis said:

On 03/12/2018 at 14:37, ...Dan said:

Maybe I'm an irrationaly angry but I fucking hate how many Twitter puts a one word sentence at the end of every fucking tweet.
Influence.
Unbelievable.
Slide.
Crumbled.
Cuntface.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Maybe I'm an irrationaly angry but I fucking hate how many Twitter puts a one word sentence at the end of every fucking tweet.
Influence.
Unbelievable.
Slide.
Crumbled.
Cuntface.

I think it’s more of an OptaJoe thing than a twitter thing 

After their game against Arsenal, Tottenham now conceded the most goals in the Premier league history (Good thing is that football is played since the 92). 

Tottenham 1282

Everton 1281

West Ham United 1237

Newcastle 1206

Aston Villa 1186

Southampton 1048

Liverpool 1029

Arsenal 980

Chelsea 974

etc...

11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Mad this one, for you Arsenal lads. 

@Gunnersauraus @SirBalon @6666@...Dan

In truth, the save De Gea had to make from Aubameyang last night wasn't a very difficult one for a keeper of De Gea's quality and the fact it wasn't a good enough shot from the Arsenal striker.  The only difficulty element the shot possessed was the fact he took it early and that in itself possibly contributing to an error from the keeper... But the shot didn't start off in a wide enough angle so as to come back in on itself and De Gea was able to measure his dive with ease to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived