talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

StatAttack!

football forum

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

@Tommy because Hennings plays for Dusseldorf if my vague Bundesliga knowledge holds true.

Yea, he does. He's a typical oldschool striker. He doesn't really have any real qualities. He's not very fast, he doesn't have the best technique, when the game is not going his way, he can be invisible, but he has his moments where he's in the right place at the right time and is just ice cold in front of the goal. He's carrying us this season so far. Let's hope others can step on in the 2nd half of the season or we might be doomed if we just rely on him. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Vader said:

How is Willian these days? @Cicero.

I've heard you critiquing him a lot last year, but what about now?

Done well for his standards. Will probably finish off the season his best ever for us given he’s been some what consistent in his performances. 

Lampard has done well to utilise Willian’s experience with our younger players. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Does it seem a bit mad to anyone else how all five of these players are from the last 6-7 seasons or so?

Other than Juninho and James Milner I can't think of any decent Brazilian players before 6 or 7 years ago

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:
Does it seem a bit mad to anyone else how all five of these players are from the last 6-7 seasons or so?

Tad bit considering we've had players like Robinho, Oscar, etc who realistically should have gotten 30 goals in their time in the league but didn't do so. But, I also think its because traditionally teams have had more success with midfielders from Brazil than actual goal scorers the likes of Fernandinho, Gilberto, Ramires, Lucas. Doesn't make it odd but it is a bit sad that none of the best strikers from Brazil in their prime played in the Premier League.

P.S. Add that guy whose name always eludes me who played for Chelsea as a striker? Pato? But I think by the time he got to England his skills had massively eroded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of my favourite U23 Players in Krepin Diatta.

Kind of weird stat distribution though. Has great assisting stats such as a lot of key passes per 90 and decently high xA stats, but has 1 assist! He has 10 non penalty goals in all of 2020 though which is not bad at all.

a01d4826fddf7fcf40322357a7e8c178.png

5 hours ago, Mpache said:

I associate Salah with great chance creating via his dribbling, but it's been long since I've seen Liverpool consistently. Maybe he's developed into a more all rounded player or vice versa.

He does create chances through his dribbling still - I mean he's still in the top 10 on that list xD - tbh the way Mane's been attracting so much attention from defenses sort of explains why Salah may have less than you'd expect this season... although I think this was true last season as well... Salah's the player usually getting his touches right before trying to finish off a move.

It's why playing against us is so shite that some sides get so conservative they're willing to cede around 80% of the ball to us to try to keep the two of them quiet and hope that denying both of them space and time is enough to win them points.

Wolves having two players with so many successful dribbles shows how much they're missing Jimenez

• 2 months later...

Archived