The better place to talk football.

Female Ballon d'Or winner Ada Hegerberg asked to twerk upon receiving award

football forum

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think he looks quite shocked that he's asked her. Stunned. 

I think she handled it quite well tbh. Could have been much worse had she actually mouthed off to him on stage. Weird turn of events.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Makes me feel sick to see someone have such an enormous moment ruined because of some ratty little wanker thinking he's funny.

They're the Kanye and Taylor Swift of football now. 

54 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Great joke, really appropriate. She felt embarrassed and he looked like a tool. I don't watch or rate women football but no need to make a mockery of it.

Exactly. Nobody is demanding that people be fans of women's football, but nobody can look at scenes like that and deny that there is a desperate lack of respect for it.

Whatever our opinions are, a person who has devoted their life to reaching the peak of their field was given one moment of recognition on the world stage, and the host couldn't even restrain himself from making a humiliating, asinine joke for that brief time.

There's something wrong.

• Subscriber

Ridiculous attempt at banter from an absolute bellend. What does Martin Solveig have to do with football that he's awarding the Ballon D'Or? Did they get some bad celebrity to award the men's? I genuinely don't know.

Hopefully it gets held up as a prime example of everything football is railing against to eliminate the inequality. 

The bloke has to be some sort of cunt to try and pull something like that during the presentation... he deserves a good smack in the mouth... She handled herself well to her credit although clearly felt uncomfortable about the whole thing.. I am not given for emotional people but it might have been better if she left the stage as soon as the presentation had been given then all eyes would have been on that inconsiderate wanker.. 

Archived