talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sarri's bubble isn't really a bubble anymore

football forum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridiculous really. Sarri is superb at managing but no manager will ever control Chelsea because they are never allowed to build their own team. Simeone, Zidane, Guardiola, and whoever else you want to name would fail at that club because no matter what the players will down tools at the first blip because the inmates run the asylum.

What is the fuckin point of investing at all ? Why buy Jorginho and Higuian if the coach is only given enough rope to hang himself?

Don’t act like this club has a particularly good squad either. The prints of Conte and Mourinho are all over the team; alternating identities

56 minutes ago, AMG said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-slams-maurizio-sarri-13980239

I dont know who this is a bigger roast of. Sarri, Chelsea or Arsenal

He regularly does this. The cunt loves to take the opportunity to create as much of a fuss as possible. Shit, overrated pundit similar to how he was a shit, overrated defender.

Seems very much a case of not having the players he wants in the roles he wants but he’s never going to get the opportunity to build a team in his mould because of the time typically afforded to managers of Chelsea. 

Rather than playing to his teams strengths, he’s attempting to implement a style on players not suited to the roles. 

I’m giving the Chelsea players a fair amount of sympathy there but they’re an abysmal shower of shit, too. They come across certainly as being an awful bunch that almost give up on playing for managers. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Guardiola put it perfectly. 'I chose Manchester City because the owners knew what I wanted'. 

Theres a reason he flat out turned us down in 2013. 

The Sheikh is a much better owner than Roman has been for quite a while unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, Danny said:

Chelsea for years have been governed by the players, not the manager. As shit as these results have been, you can’t expect that culture to change straight away.

That culture won’t change until the dressing room cliques are broken up.

Thats going to mean selling a lot of very good players probably, and giving a manager a chance to bring in players for a long term rebuild. Instead, I think Chelsea will do what they always do and keep their great players, but who down tools when the going gets too tough, and keeping going for short term fixes at manager.

To be honest I don't think losing 6-0 away against one of the all time greatest PL teams who are in a heated title race is as bad as Guardiola losing 4-0 against Koeman's Everton.

Its a bad performance made to look disastrous by some amazing finishes and some horrendous individual mistakes. 

19 minutes ago, Inverted said:

To be honest I don't think losing 6-0 away against one of the all time greatest PL teams who are in a heated title race is as bad as Guardiola losing 4-0 against Koeman's Everton.

Its a bad performance made to look disastrous by some amazing finishes and some horrendous individual mistakes. 

Me also mate.

Under Conte this result wouldn't have happened just purely on a style basis. I'm not here to get into a debate about what's the correct way to play but the thing is with Sarri's style is that when things go wrong, it not only rains but pours. Simply because Sarri's style is more open, if the players aren't performing to a very high level tactically and performance wise there's always the chance we'll see results like yesterday.

Rewind back to Conte against City last season the players on a performance level and mental level were worse. And we only lost 1-0 because we parked the bus for 80 minutes and didn't show any ambition whatsoever to attack. It was like a relegation side going there. We were also thumped 3-0 by Bournemouth last season at home.

Bad times yes but also an overreaction which the club inevitably brings on it self.

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Chelsea for years have been governed by the players, not the manager. As shit as these results have been, you can’t expect that culture to change straight away.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That culture won’t change until the dressing room cliques are broken up.

Thats going to mean selling a lot of very good players probably, and giving a manager a chance to bring in players for a long term rebuild. Instead, I think Chelsea will do what they always do and keep their great players, but who down tools when the going gets too tough, and keeping going for short term fixes at manager.

Prime example being Willian. He had a falling out with Conte the 2nd half of last season, and after we won the FA Cup, he did this on his instagram. Completely blocking Conte. When confronted about it, he said his daughter did it. 

Now I know this is petty, however if a footballer can show this amount of disrespect and not go punished, only shows how safe these 'players' really are. 

willianinstagram2005.jpg?w968

I don't think sacking sarri would be the right decision at the moment. I do wonder though if they might be looking at an utd and thinking that Zola might do the same as solskjaer at utd. Not sure if he would though. I get that some players understand the club and that helps bit Zola has not been at Chelsea in the abramovich era

16 hours ago, Berserker said:

The Sheikh is a much better owner than Roman has been for quite a while unfortunately.

I don't think any Chelsea fan can complain about abramovich to be fair

He's making some mistakes personnel wise in my opinion. 

The third midfield position alongside Kanté and Jorginho for starters. Ruben so far this season should have featured a lot more. Of late he's had injury problems but there had been times before this where he was in good fitness and he wasn't chosen. I imagine Kovacic of late is now being seen by Sarri as Jorginho's back up which is something the manager has said himself and could explain why Kovacic hasn't featured in the more advanced role recently. Barkley I also have a feeling is being preferred partly because of Kovacic's new back up role (I'm not saying Kovacic won't play further forward anymore here) and also partly due to Ruben's injury and fitness problems. Another important reason I feel is that Sarri believes Barkley is a better option physically in midfield and that he has a better know how of how English football works from a physical point of view. This is an area in which we've struggled in at times this season. Also the fact that the manager trusts Barkley tactically to do his job. That being said if Ruben can sort out his injury problems, he'd be starting a lot more in the future compared to what he has done so far this season if I was in charge but Sarri sees it differently I guess.

Alonso is apparently in the team for height reasons. Just after a very quick Google search, we're the 5th biggest team in the league. With the current best team in the country being the smallest. Including Ruben in the starting eleven would also help with height. Yes, not from in play crosses and I guess a big factor with height is what positions these players play but it would at least help on set pieces if we even need that much more height advantage anyway.

Playing the likes of Ruben and Emerson etc may make us more open but we can be cut through when we're playing in what I'd call a more defensive minded team. So why not embrace it? The values of Emerson and Zappacosta are going up because the players playing directly in front of them are not performing. I'm not saying some of the players who are back up are the answers but they at least deserve to be tested.

Hudson-Odoi should also be featuring a lot more considering the form of Willian and Pedro. It's a question of whether Sarri trusts him enough tactically to play regularly. Given some of the results so far this season. Why not give him a go?

Playing Hazard up front for me has also been one of Sarri's problems.

Archived