talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sarri's bubble isn't really a bubble anymore

football forum

I liked Sarri’s football with Napoli, but one thing I’ve always found irritating are stubborn managers adhering to a philosophy and tactics that simply aren’t working. And there are players out there for Chelsea that aren’t putting in a decent shift on top of that. I do understand and agree with calls like @carefreeluke to have some of the squad players in to be given a chance and given an opportunity to show that they’ll do more than what the current starters are doing.

I also think Sarri needs to accept that this current squad is not ready for his preferred style of football and that the prem is different to the Serie A (like Jorginho looks fucking gassed in every match 20 minutes in, imo, then most of what he’s doing is being useless) and that some adaptations and changes to the squad will be needed.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Rumors circulating that Sarri criticised Alonso in the dressing room and shouted along the lines "How are you an actual professional footballer"?

No doubt he starts against United Monday. 

He was right if that was the case, i loved seeing Sarri smoke at matches in Italy, he looked so badass and old-school that it wouldn't surprise you if he were to do something like that.

7 minutes ago, Berserker said:

He was right if that was the case, i loved seeing Sarri smoke at matches in Italy, he looked so badass and old-school that it wouldn't surprise you if he were to do something like that.

LB is the utmost priority next season. 

3 years is long enough to have Alonso as our starter. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Rumors circulating that Sarri criticised Alonso in the dressing room and shouted along the lines "How are you an actual professional footballer"?

No doubt he starts against United Monday. 

legit question to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

LB is the utmost priority next season. 

3 years is long enough to have Alonso as our starter. 

Yeah, both fullbacks need serious upgrading. Ideal would be that, a good left winger if Hazard leaves and a creative center mid.

• Administrator

Worries me you might try and go for Chilwell if City don't go for him first given you have a more pressing need for that position. Although you do have Emerson... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Worries me you might try and go for Chilwell if City don't go for him first given you have a more pressing need for that position. Although you do have Emerson... 

Ferland Mendy my preferred choice at LB. 

Wan Bissaka at RB. Should give them Batshuayi permanently. 

I really don't get what Sarriball is or why it would make a club owner want to hire Sarri for his club to play this 'style' of 'football'. 

I also don't get why the Chelsea owner tolerates players who down tools when they don't like the manager. In his position the likes of Hazard would be on the bench for the U23s and he could say goodbye to his international career. Try geting picked when you never play

On 11/02/2019 at 16:04, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't think sacking sarri would be the right decision at the moment. I do wonder though if they might be looking at an utd and thinking that Zola might do the same as solskjaer at utd. Not sure if he would though. I get that some players understand the club and that helps bit Zola has not been at Chelsea in the abramovich era

Zola's obviously shit as he didn't win anything at West Ham and got sacked :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
football forum

I really don't see how he can continue if I'm being honest, I feel so sorry for him. That with Kepa was absolutely horrendous and even Gianfranco Zola next door was fuming, the player(s) do seem to have control at Chelsea and I've no idea how that can be a successful model. For all people like to poke fun at him can you imagine that happening under Mourinho? Jose would have literally ran onto the pitch and dragged him off. 

Don't really think Sarri did anything wrong tonight. Of course the usual suspects will find something to blame. 

Adapted his style to suit the limited ability of his players. 

Fixed the issue of leaving gaps in midfield by playing a false 9.

Benched Alonso for Emerson, who had a fantastic performance. 

Reuben Loftus-Cheek and CHO came on and influenced the game. 

Player power yet again becoming an issue and it's evident with this current crop. Mourinho, Conte, and now Sarri suffering the same fate and it will be the cherry on top to wake up tomorrow and seeing him sacked. 

Shambles 

• Subscriber

Marco Silva went from favourite to be the next sacking out to 16/1 without us even playing a game thanks to Puel, Sarri and Ranieri. That's how quickly the media change their mind about which clubs are in crisis and which manager they'll try and hound out next.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Marco Silva went from favourite to be the next sacking out to 16/1 without us even playing a game thanks to Puel, Sarri and Ranieri. That's how quickly the media change their mind about which clubs are in crisis and which manager they'll try and hound out next.

Media changing their mind or bookies controlling the odds? 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Media changing their mind or bookies controlling the odds? 

Dunno, was halfway through making a point then my Dad got in the car and I had to go so pretty much just finished the sentence in the quickest way possible and hit submit.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Dunno, was halfway through making a point then my Dad got in the car and I had to go so pretty much just finished the sentence in the quickest way possible and hit submit.

xD 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Kepa should be bent over someone's knee and fucking belted. 

He should be immediately transfer listed and told he’s going to train with the reserves from now on. This should follow him for the rest of his career, it probably won’t be it’s unforgivable

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He should be immediately transfer listed and told he’s going to train with the reserves from now on. This should follow him for the rest of his career, it probably won’t be it’s unforgivable

In a normal club that would probably happen mate, knowing Chelsea he will be captain on Wednesday against Spurs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived