talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sarri's bubble isn't really a bubble anymore

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah good point. 

It would be a bit like Ole who has been put in charge of United now Jose got the bullet and won the Champions League Cup (which I don't think he will lol) or even the FA Cup and then the United board said "Thank you" and chose another manager on a full-time basis, I know I would and a lot of other United supporters would think "what the fuck?". 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You can't have a player eating 6 Mars bars at half time, what is Sarri playing at? 

I always thought of Mars bars as one of those uniquely American things, like Coca Cola or the hot dog but you cant even buy the fucking things in the states and most Americans don’t know what they are.

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

For most clubs stability is important. However Chelsea have been very successful changing managers every few seasons.

Wont work anymore.. Not with how the market currently is and the level of strength the top 6 clubs have. 

On 02/02/2019 at 08:01, Cicero said:

Wont work anymore.. Not with how the market currently is and the level of strength the top 6 clubs have. 

Adding on to this.

We can't continue to operate like we have and expect the same success. Sacking manager after manager, buying players after players. The market is now inflated as ever, and the level of quality in the Top 6 is as strong as it's been for a good while. To add on to that, with a transfer ban looming and our loan policy to be severely restricted, stability at this club is needed more than ever. 

People will compare our first season with Pep's, however I think our transition will be more difficult. City already were used to attacking football under Pellegrini, so they could comprehend Pep's style rather quickly. Sarri is essentially changing the whole playing structure of the club, which will undoubtedly be a frustrating task. This transitional period was never going to be an easy one. 

The only issue I have with Sarri, is his in game management. Specifically, bringing on like for like players when we are in need of a goal. He would take off Higuain/Morata for Giroud when we are down a goal instead of taking off a defender for another striker. 

I still think we are lucky to have Sarri. Especially now. I can see what he's trying to do and for that he deserves time. Even Napoli fans are saying we do not have enough technical players to execute this style properly. I look at the league table and I feel it is a fair reflection on the quality of sides. 

The  attitude of some of the Chelsea players has been shocking and has been for years. It's a disgrace and they shouldn't keep getting rid of quality players get rid of the players with a poisonous attitude. 

Sarri is a quality manager I have watched an awful lot of his napoli side over the last few years. But he has not helped himself just because he turned Mertens into a striker you won't necessarily with others big mistake playing Hazard through the middle which he has learned Kante can do a decent job as a box to box midfielder but he's world class as a holding centre midfielder. Play him in his best position. Jorginho is a good player but he shouldn't be undropable. It also annoys me that when they are losing he always goes like for like always plays 4-3-3 be flexible change your formation have more of a go that way but he comes across as stubborn and set in his ways. Quality manager but he can do better. It will be a bit of a disaster if they don't make the champions league next season. I actually think they will miss out and United will get 4th then it will be all about can they win the Europa league.

1 minute ago, Kyletoonfan said:

The  attitude of some of the Chelsea players has been shocking and has been for years. It's a disgrace and they shouldn't keep getting rid of quality players get rid of the players with a poisonous attitude. 

Sarri is a quality manager I have watched an awful lot of his napoli side over the last few years. But he has not helped himself just because he turned Mertens into a striker you won't necessarily with others big mistake playing Hazard through the middle which he has learned Kante can do a decent job as a box to box midfielder but he's world class as a holding centre midfielder. Play him in his best position. Jorginho is a good player but he shouldn't be undropable. It also annoys me that when they are losing he always goes like for like always plays 4-3-3 be flexible change your formation have more of a go that way but he comes across as stubborn and set in his ways. Quality manager but he can do better. It will be a bit of a disaster if they don't make the champions league next season. I actually think they will miss out and United will get 4th then it will be all about can they win the Europa league.

That's a myth mate. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's a myth mate. 

Not at all he was excellent for Leicester and Chelsea as a holding midfielder. Yes he's decent in possession and has chipped in with some good goals but he was and is an excellent defensive footballer and that's not a myth at all it's a fact.

21 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

Not at all he was excellent for Leicester and Chelsea as a holding midfielder. Yes he's decent in possession and has chipped in with some good goals but he was and is an excellent defensive footballer and that's not a myth at all it's a fact.

No. It's not. He was a central midfielder in a two man midfield for both Ranieri and Conte. 

A holding midfielder would entail that he would be the tip of a three man midfield. Being the furthest one back in a possession minded system. He's never performed that role in his life. 

He doesn't have the positional sense nor technical ability to perform such a role. 

Just now, Cicero said:

No. It's not. 

A holding midfielder would entail that he would be the tip of a three man midfield. Being the furthest one back in a possession minded system. He's never performed that role in his life. 

He doesn't have the positional sense nor technical ability to perform such a role. 

He does sit in front of the back 3  or 4 most the time or he did he used to make loads of interceptions and tackles and blocks in front of the defence whether that be at Chelsea or Leicester I've seen him do it loads he did and he was the best or one  of the best holding midfielders in the league so no it's not a myth.

2 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

He does sit in front of the back 3  or 4 most the time or he did he used to make loads of interceptions and tackles and blocks in front of the defence whether that be at Chelsea or Leicester I've seen him do it loads he did and he was the best or one  of the best holding midfielders in the league so no it's not a myth.

Again, he was with another centre mid doing so. Be it Drinkwater, Matic, Pogba, or Matuidi. He has never performed as a sole midfielder playing in the deepest position. Let alone for a side that plays possession football, which requires a lot of technical abiliity from the player that leads a transition, aka holding midfielder. 

You are essentially saying Kante can perform Busquets job. Which just couldn't be more wrong. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Again, he was with another centre mid doing so. Be it Drinkwater, Matic, Pogba, or Matuidi. He has never performed as a sole midfielder playing in the deepest position. Let alone for a side that plays possession football, which requires a lot of technical abiliity from the player that leads a transition, aka holding midfielder. 

You are essentially saying Kante can perform Busquets job. Which just couldn't be more wrong. 

He has never done it before by himself you say but he did a lot of the work with Drinkwater plus just because he hasn't done it by himself it doesn't mean he cannot he is a defensive midfielder much more of that than he is a box to box midfielder that's for sure. 

Just now, Kyletoonfan said:

He has never done it before by himself you say but he did a lot of the work with Drinkwater plus just because he hasn't done it by himself it doesn't mean he cannot he is a defensive midfielder much more of that than he is a box to box midfielder that's for sure. 

But you are asking Kante to perform a very responsible job in a possession minded system. That is what you are not getting. 

Kante excels off the ball, whereas our holding midfielder gets the ball more than any player we have. This is why I am asking you why you think Kante could go in Busquets role and do the same job. 

Just now, Cicero said:

But you are asking Kante to perform a very responsible job in a possession minded system. That is what you are not getting. 

Kante excels off the ball, whereas our holding midfielder gets the ball more than any player we have. This is why I am asking you why you think Kante could go in Busquets role and do the same job. 

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Jorginho is not as good without the ball I would have thought the main jobs as a holding midfielder are defensive rather than with the ball though if you are excellent at both that's the bonus and what you want. 

• Administrator

Kante has never been and may never be a holding midfielder. He may at times play that role briefly and be in that position (at Leicester) but once any danger was over he was bombing forward and joining in attacks. 

If anything, he joins attacks more at Chelsea. The amount of times he makes a run from deep or tries to get on the end of crosses is so much more than he ever did with us. 

1 hour ago, AMG said:

Rome would've never been built with a shit no-namer as the architect.

Have you ever been to Rome? It is built on nearly two millenia of no urban planning. When it was first burnt down, it was restored in ramshackle glory. 

Kante has never been a holding midfielder. He plays far too agressively to hold any midfield. Mikel or Matic would be that sort of player. Defensive midfielder is not a synonym for holding midfielder, Kante is the former, but not the latter.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Kante has never been and may never be a holding midfielder. He may at times play that role briefly and be in that position (at Leicester) but once any danger was over he was bombing forward and joining in attacks. 

If anything, he joins attacks more at Chelsea. The amount of times he makes a run from deep or tries to get on the end of crosses is so much more than he ever did with us. 

I agree, besides he was the one who assisted Higuain both times last match wasn't he?, lovely assists too.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Paul Ince is the favourite.

I honestly hope Zola and Lampard stay well clear from the club. 

Our board + the likes of Alonso, Willian, Pedro, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Barkley, Zappacosta, etc will tarnish their legacy. 

• Subscriber

Next Chelsea manager: 5 contenders to replace Maurizio Sarri. A series of embarrassing defensive displays has many wondering whether the Italian will see out the season at Stamford Bridge

An embarrassing collapse against Manchester City has increased speculation that Maurizio Sarri could soon be sacked as Chelsea manager. It was the second consecutive away game the Blues have been thrashed without reply and leaves them outside the Champions League qualification places. With Roman Abramovich notoriously short of patience, it would be little surprise to see Sarri go before the end of the season. If the Chelsea owner does pull the trigger, here are five men who could replace the Italian in the dugout.

Gianfranco Zola Odds: 8-1 A Chelsea legend and currently Sarri’s assistant. Not a great track record given poor spells at West Ham, Watford and Birmingham City so more likely to be a stop-gap choice.

Zinedine Zidane Odds: 10-1 Three Champions League trophies in as many years speak for themselves. Out of a job since leaving Real Madrid last summer but is not keen on managing in England, according to his agent.

Diego Simeone Odds: 12-1 One of the most coveted managers in Europe and has performed miracles with Atletico Madrid given competition from Barcelona and Real. Could be tempted by a new challenge.

Brendan Rodgers Odds: 12-1 A former youth and reserve coach at Chelsea under Jose Mourinho, has impressed since moving north to Celtic but former spell at Liverpool means he may not be popular with fans.

Nuno Espirito Santo Odds: 12-1 Has enjoyed an impressive debut season in the Premier League with Wolves but would be seen as a risk given lack of experience at a top club. 

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/next-chelsea-manager-odds-contenders-maurizio-sarri-sacked/

Archived