• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Cannabis

Sarri's bubble is bursting ...

Recommended Posts

Guardiola put it perfectly. 'I chose Manchester City because the owners knew what I wanted'. 

Theres a reason he flat out turned us down in 2013. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Guardiola put it perfectly. 'I chose Manchester City because the owners knew what I wanted'. 

Theres a reason he flat out turned us down in 2013. 

The Sheikh is a much better owner than Roman has been for quite a while unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Berserker said:

The Sheikh is a much better owner than Roman has been for quite a while unfortunately.

It's how thier board functions compared to ours. Especially since Gourlay left 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea for years have been governed by the players, not the manager. As shit as these results have been, you can’t expect that culture to change straight away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Danny said:

Chelsea for years have been governed by the players, not the manager. As shit as these results have been, you can’t expect that culture to change straight away.

That culture won’t change until the dressing room cliques are broken up.

Thats going to mean selling a lot of very good players probably, and giving a manager a chance to bring in players for a long term rebuild. Instead, I think Chelsea will do what they always do and keep their great players, but who down tools when the going gets too tough, and keeping going for short term fixes at manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I don't think losing 6-0 away against one of the all time greatest PL teams who are in a heated title race is as bad as Guardiola losing 4-0 against Koeman's Everton.

Its a bad performance made to look disastrous by some amazing finishes and some horrendous individual mistakes. 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Inverted said:

To be honest I don't think losing 6-0 away against one of the all time greatest PL teams who are in a heated title race is as bad as Guardiola losing 4-0 against Koeman's Everton.

Its a bad performance made to look disastrous by some amazing finishes and some horrendous individual mistakes. 

 

Me also mate.

Under Conte this result wouldn't have happened just purely on a style basis. I'm not here to get into a debate about what's the correct way to play but the thing is with Sarri's style is that when things go wrong, it not only rains but pours. Simply because Sarri's style is more open, if the players aren't performing to a very high level tactically and performance wise there's always the chance we'll see results like yesterday.

Rewind back to Conte against City last season the players on a performance level and mental level were worse. And we only lost 1-0 because we parked the bus for 80 minutes and didn't show any ambition whatsoever to attack. It was like a relegation side going there. We were also thumped 3-0 by Bournemouth last season at home.

Bad times yes but also an overreaction which the club inevitably brings on it self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Danny said:

Chelsea for years have been governed by the players, not the manager. As shit as these results have been, you can’t expect that culture to change straight away.

 

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That culture won’t change until the dressing room cliques are broken up.

Thats going to mean selling a lot of very good players probably, and giving a manager a chance to bring in players for a long term rebuild. Instead, I think Chelsea will do what they always do and keep their great players, but who down tools when the going gets too tough, and keeping going for short term fixes at manager.

Prime example being Willian. He had a falling out with Conte the 2nd half of last season, and after we won the FA Cup, he did this on his instagram. Completely blocking Conte. When confronted about it, he said his daughter did it. 

Now I know this is petty, however if a footballer can show this amount of disrespect and not go punished, only shows how safe these 'players' really are. 

 

willianinstagram2005.jpg?w968

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think sacking sarri would be the right decision at the moment. I do wonder though if they might be looking at an utd and thinking that Zola might do the same as solskjaer at utd. Not sure if he would though. I get that some players understand the club and that helps bit Zola has not been at Chelsea in the abramovich era

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Berserker said:

The Sheikh is a much better owner than Roman has been for quite a while unfortunately.

I don't think any Chelsea fan can complain about abramovich to be fair

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarri taking training today.... He looks utterly dejected... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who TF was linking him to Chelsea anyway?

He has the strongest squad in the championship, and they are in 7th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sarri taking training today.... He looks utterly dejected... 

 

Source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarri's almost trying to talk himself out of the job, it seems. 

Knowing Chelsea, the Golden handshake will be a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's making some mistakes personnel wise in my opinion. 

The third midfield position alongside Kanté and Jorginho for starters. Ruben so far this season should have featured a lot more. Of late he's had injury problems but there had been times before this where he was in good fitness and he wasn't chosen. I imagine Kovacic of late is now being seen by Sarri as Jorginho's back up which is something the manager has said himself and could explain why Kovacic hasn't featured in the more advanced role recently. Barkley I also have a feeling is being preferred partly because of Kovacic's new back up role (I'm not saying Kovacic won't play further forward anymore here) and also partly due to Ruben's injury and fitness problems. Another important reason I feel is that Sarri believes Barkley is a better option physically in midfield and that he has a better know how of how English football works from a physical point of view. This is an area in which we've struggled in at times this season. Also the fact that the manager trusts Barkley tactically to do his job. That being said if Ruben can sort out his injury problems, he'd be starting a lot more in the future compared to what he has done so far this season if I was in charge but Sarri sees it differently I guess.

Alonso is apparently in the team for height reasons. Just after a very quick Google search, we're the 5th biggest team in the league. With the current best team in the country being the smallest. Including Ruben in the starting eleven would also help with height. Yes, not from in play crosses and I guess a big factor with height is what positions these players play but it would at least help on set pieces if we even need that much more height advantage anyway.

Playing the likes of Ruben and Emerson etc may make us more open but we can be cut through when we're playing in what I'd call a more defensive minded team. So why not embrace it? The values of Emerson and Zappacosta are going up because the players playing directly in front of them are not performing. I'm not saying some of the players who are back up are the answers but they at least deserve to be tested.

Hudson-Odoi should also be featuring a lot more considering the form of Willian and Pedro. It's a question of whether Sarri trusts him enough tactically to play regularly. Given some of the results so far this season. Why not give him a go?

Playing Hazard up front for me has also been one of Sarri's problems.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Sarri’s football with Napoli, but one thing I’ve always found irritating are stubborn managers adhering to a philosophy and tactics that simply aren’t working. And there are players out there for Chelsea that aren’t putting in a decent shift on top of that. I do understand and agree with calls like @carefreeluke to have some of the squad players in to be given a chance and given an opportunity to show that they’ll do more than what the current starters are doing.

I also think Sarri needs to accept that this current squad is not ready for his preferred style of football and that the prem is different to the Serie A (like Jorginho looks fucking gassed in every match 20 minutes in, imo, then most of what he’s doing is being useless) and that some adaptations and changes to the squad will be needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumors circulating that Sarri criticised Alonso in the dressing room and shouted along the lines "How are you an actual professional footballer"?

No doubt he starts against United Monday. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Rumors circulating that Sarri criticised Alonso in the dressing room and shouted along the lines "How are you an actual professional footballer"?

No doubt he starts against United Monday. 

He was right if that was the case, i loved seeing Sarri smoke at matches in Italy, he looked so badass and old-school that it wouldn't surprise you if he were to do something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Berserker said:

He was right if that was the case, i loved seeing Sarri smoke at matches in Italy, he looked so badass and old-school that it wouldn't surprise you if he were to do something like that.

LB is the utmost priority next season. 

3 years is long enough to have Alonso as our starter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Rumors circulating that Sarri criticised Alonso in the dressing room and shouted along the lines "How are you an actual professional footballer"?

No doubt he starts against United Monday. 

legit question to be fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

LB is the utmost priority next season. 

3 years is long enough to have Alonso as our starter. 

Yeah, both fullbacks need serious upgrading. Ideal would be that, a good left winger if Hazard leaves and a creative center mid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worries me you might try and go for Chilwell if City don't go for him first given you have a more pressing need for that position. Although you do have Emerson... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Worries me you might try and go for Chilwell if City don't go for him first given you have a more pressing need for that position. Although you do have Emerson... 

Ferland Mendy my preferred choice at LB. 

Wan Bissaka at RB. Should give them Batshuayi permanently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alonso, like most overrated full backs, has been blinding people by the fact he's okay going forward and scores a few goals. Oh, and the fact he's always a top scorer on fantasy football 9_9.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't get what Sarriball is or why it would make a club owner want to hire Sarri for his club to play this 'style' of 'football'. 

I also don't get why the Chelsea owner tolerates players who down tools when they don't like the manager. In his position the likes of Hazard would be on the bench for the U23s and he could say goodbye to his international career. Try geting picked when you never play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2019 at 16:04, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't think sacking sarri would be the right decision at the moment. I do wonder though if they might be looking at an utd and thinking that Zola might do the same as solskjaer at utd. Not sure if he would though. I get that some players understand the club and that helps bit Zola has not been at Chelsea in the abramovich era

Zola's obviously shit as he didn't win anything at West Ham and got sacked :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement