talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lewis Cook out for Around Nine Months

Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook has been ruled out for six to nine months after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament.

The 21-year-old - who was capped by England earlier this year - sustained the injury to his knee during the 2-1 defeat of Huddersfield on Tuesday.

And further assessment and scans on Wednesday have revealed the seriousness of the issue.

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe said: "We are all devastated for Lewis.

"It is a huge blow to a very talented player, who has been a very important part of our side over the last 18 months."

Cook's Bournemouth team-mate Callum Wilson has been called up by England himself this season, having bounced back from serious injury.

And Howe added: "Lewis is a strong character, who only has to look around our dressing room for inspiration of how an injury like this is merely a setback, and to know that he can come back better than ever.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't believe he's only 21. He must have made his debut at 17 or something. It must have been about four years ago that @Lucas was going off on one about how good he is.

Credit to him how talented he was bursting on to the scene so early. I maintain, best kid to come from our acadamy I've seen. He ran games in the Championship. He was brilliant last season for Bournemouth.

I feel for him. Spurs were rumoured to be close to signing him in the summer for £30m and then he gets an injury that ends his season and the U21's Euro's.

Hope he comes back fitter and stronger. The boy will play for Engoand one day and captain them IMO.

Archived