7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Six weeks out for Gomez

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

Fuck sake. 

Aye, fractured leg.

Joe Gomez: Liverpool defender out for up to six weeks with a fractured leg

1 hour ago|Liverpool

_104677763_gomez_mee_getty.jpg

Joe Gomez (left) was taken off on a stretcher following a challenge with Ben Mee (right)

Liverpool defender Joe Gomez could be out for six weeks after fracturing his left leg during Wednesday's victory over Burnley.

The 21-year-old England international was taken off after 23 minutes following a challenge with Clarets captain Ben Mee.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp complained about Burnley's tackling during the 3-1 Premier League win at Anfield.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche said it was a "fantastic tackle" by Mee.

A Liverpool statement on Thursday said "initial indications" were that Gomez would be out for up to six weeks, "though this is dependent on how his treatment and rehabilitation programmes progress".

Gomez has played in 13 of Liverpool's 15 league games this season.

He made his England debut last year and has won six caps, but missed this year's World Cup in Russia because of an ankle injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46472412

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bad news but Klopp comes across a bit of a ponce saying 'it's not a foul but shouldn't be allowed...'

You come across as a bit of a ponce following Klopps comments all over the internet you fucking wet wipe xD

• Subscriber

Klopp is such a tosser honestly. Can't stand him.

Really like Joe Gomez though, proper talent. Love a quick centre back, but has more than just pace too. For a young centre back/right back seems to have decent positional sense, will only get better. Hope it's a quick recovery

• Subscriber

Jurgen Klopp escalates Sean Dyche row as Liverpool boss takes aim at Burnley chief

David Anderson        2 hrs ago

Jurgen Klopp has hit back at Sean Dyche in their war of words, insisting Daniel Sturridge is “not a cheat”.

Burnley boss Dyche responded to Klopp’s complaints about Burnley’s tackling during Liverpool’s win on Wednesday by accusing Sturridge of diving.

He claims Klopp conveniently overlooked Sturridge’s antics to focus on Burnley’s challenges, which he insists were fair.

This has annoyed Klopp, who was upset by Ben Mee’s challenge which has sidelined Joe Gomez for six weeks with a fractured tibia, and he claims Sturridge is no cheat.

The Liverpool boss claims Dyche has also forgotten Phil Bardsley’s nasty challenge on Alberto Moreno. 

“Daniel Sturridge is not a cheat,” said Klopp. “We all have our own aims. What can I say?

“After that game, he talked about one situation where a player went down without contact.

“I don’t know how the referee judged it, but it’s a normal situation, which can happen. Sometimes a striker expects a tackle and you try to avoid that by jumping. That’s how it is.

“He (Dyche) brought up another subject, but I’m not sure if he mentioned the challenge of Bardsley on Moreno.

“I said what I had to say about that after the game. Yeah, different opinions are allowed.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/jurgen-klopp-escalates-sean-dyche-row-as-liverpool-boss-takes-aim-at-burnley-chief/ar-BBQCYlH?ocid=chromentp

• Administrator

I can usually tolerate Klopp but his comments about the tackle are laughable. That was a proper football tackle from Mee. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Yes it was unfortunate that Gomez got injured, but it's comments like that which are a catalyst for taking tackles like that out of the game. 

When it comes to stuff like this, you have to put the shoe on the other foot and think about how you'd react i.e. if Henderson made that tackle, got the ball and unfortunately injured the player, would Klopp be so critical? Would any manager be so critical if it was their own player making the tackle, as opposed to their player getting injured? I think not.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I can usually tolerate Klopp but his comments about the tackle are laughable. That was a proper football tackle from Mee. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Yes it was unfortunate that Gomez got injured, but it's comments like that which are a catalyst for taking tackles like that out of the game. 

When it comes to stuff like this, you have to put the shoe on the other foot and think about how you'd react i.e. if Henderson made that tackle, got the ball and unfortunately injured the player, would Klopp be so critical? Would any manager be so critical if it was their own player making the tackle, as opposed to their player getting injured? I think not.

What, tackles that result in a broken leg? What a tragedy that would be

• 4 weeks later...

Archived