• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool - Saturday 8th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Seeing the slow-motion replays of Cook's challenge on Salah just before he scored makes it look a lot worse than real-time. Proper scrape down the achilles.

• Administrator

GOAL LIVERPOOL!

Turning in to a bit of a stroll for Liverpool now as Cook scores a calamitous own goal. Good cross from Robertson and not really sure what Cook is trying to do. Backheels it in to his own net leaving Begovic helpless. 0-3.

• Administrator

4-0! Salah hat-trick. Took the keeper on and then took the piss a bit to take him on again before scoring. Cheeky from him.

Another Cook error let him in though. Shite game.

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Fair play I thought this was a tough game. Absolutely battered them. 

Bournemouth look lost without Wilson leading the line or supporting King. 

• The title was changed to Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool - Saturday 8th December, 2018

Great result for Pool, at least they are keeping City on their toes.. with the rest if us dropping off the pace a bit it's good to know they may not have it all their own way.. Could really do with some sort of result against City today even if it's only holding them to a draw but watching our last couple of games against Spurs and Wolves it would take a solid performance from front to back to get something... or of course City to have an unusual off day.. 

I like how Howe always tries to give the big clubs a game, and even when his sides are rinsed he never complains after the match. And for the first goal, I wouldn’t blame him for having a big moan. More brave than a lot of other managers in the league, and to be doing this since promotion and for numerous people to say this one could be a tough one for us says something about how his style has worked for Bournemouth. Even though it ultimatum didn’t pan out for them today.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like how Howe always tries to give the big clubs a game, and even when his sides are rinsed he never complains after the match. And for the first goal, I wouldn’t blame him for having a big moan. More brave than a lot of other managers in the league, and to be doing this since promotion and for numerous people to say this one could be a tough one for us says something about how his style has worked for Bournemouth. Even though it ultimatum didn’t pan out for them today.

Howe is great and you’re right, he accepts when his team has just been beaten by a better team on the day, but you’ll have get them coming back at you next time anyway and fair play to them. Pretty toothless without Wilson though and a stroll in the park for your lot after the first goal. Just too much quality and pace up front 

• Subscriber

We needed this going into next week. Salah was on fire yesterday and when he did the double take around the goalkeeper you could see the Salah of last season come through a bit. TBF to Bournemouth they could have pushed for more damage limitation but I can always appreciate a team that tries even when they know its not going their way instead of trying to contain the result. 

While the first goal was an offside I don't think Howe would have really complained about it considering the other three that followed. Their biggest problem yesterday was that they didn't try to cope with the loaded midfield and in the end it cost them. Mind you, they could have been a goal in early on as well but it just wasn't their day. I just hope we carry this same intent to the next home game against Napoli because I think we can genuinely apply some serious pressure and get a clear win in that game as well now.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived