• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 8th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

United v Crystal Palace rings a bell, United at home Palace near the relegation zone and the Official Man United website more or less said this game would be a doddle, come the day, come the hour, come to the final whistle...0-0, I can't be bothered looking over there and see what they say this time.

All I want like a lot of other United supporters is get out there and kick their arses and we have a good result...but I will hold my breath and wait and see.  

7 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Good, I will take your word for it, not watching the game but keeping track on the BeeB webpage and in here. :D

I am sad to report that United are looking like the only team in this (scoreboard reflects it, so you probably aren’t surprised xD). United playing better than I’ve seen them play in a while, Fulham also playing very poorly though. But you’ll be happy to hear that 3-0 is a bit flattering for them imo, they’ve been very poor and you lot have made a lot of good chances.

Switching to Arsenal v Huddersfield at halftime.

• Administrator

Surely is interfering with play given his proximity to the defender and causing the defender to actually do something.

Anyway, the goal wasn't ruled out for offside. The referee ruled it out because Arsenal went route one and that's not the done thing there.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CaaC - John said:

That's a crap decision!! he passed BACK to the keeper so surely the goal stands. O.o

it's for when Aubameyang has headed the ball forward towards Lacazette. At that time, the latter is in an offside position, just about.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Of course it's offside, he puts the defender under pressure from an offside position so has rightly been flagged for it. Correct decision for me.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Surely is interfering with play given his proximity to the defender and causing the defender to actually do something.

Anyway, the goal wasn't ruled out for offside. The referee ruled it out because Arsenal went route one and that's not the done thing there.

It's the 2nd phase. We've seen it twice that I recall where a player is offside the whole time, the defender intercepts the pass to the offside player but mishits it and it goes behind him...but since the defender intentionally played the ball it's the 2nd phase, and not offside.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived