• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 8th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well, 1-0 up at half time and competing on all fronts.

Fifthteen minutes in to the second half, West Ham have made several tactical changes and it's 3-1.

Roy literally does not trust anybody outside his starting eleven what so ever. It must be so demoralizing for them.

So course a substitute scores a minute after posting this.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well, 1-0 up at half time and competing on all fronts.

Fifthteen minutes in to the second half, West Ham have made several tactical changes and it's 3-1.

Roy literally does not trust anybody outside his starting eleven what so ever. It must be so demoralizing for them.

That’s how it was with us too, there were the players he trusted and even though it was clear his system and preferred side weren’t right he stuck with it. And was pretty indignant when questioned about it.

Isn’t he a Palace fan? I feel like he’s always been a good manager... when he’s not under pressure like he was at Blackburn, Inter, is, and England. Maybe he’s feeling pressure being asked to build on last season at his club.

I want him to turn it around, but if he’s making the same mistakes he made with us... that’s not a good sign at all.

Big goal for Arsenal there.

• Administrator

Good win for Cardiff, that. Sometimes clubs get distracted by a new manager appointment at Southampton but perhaps the new guy for them has a lot to work with before getting properly started. Cardiff is a tough place to go sometimes anyway, let alone as a new manager.

Makes our win there all the more impressive a few weeks ago. Glad we got that trip and 3 points out the way early in the season.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’s how it was with us too, there were the players he trusted and even though it was clear his system and preferred side weren’t right he stuck with it. And was pretty indignant when questioned about it.

Isn’t he a Palace fan? I feel like he’s always been a good manager... when he’s not under pressure like he was at Blackburn, Inter, is, and England. Maybe he’s feeling pressure being asked to build on last season at his club.

I want him to turn it around, but if he’s making the same mistakes he made with us... that’s not a good sign at all.

Big goal for Arsenal there.

It's difficult to tell if they really are terrible or if Roy doesn't want to play them.

I'll cut the board some slack. They really couldn't have anticipated for the rather horrendous injuries that Connor Wickham, Pape Souare, Scott Dann and Jason Puncheon have had which has really affected their ability to play at this level.

That said, it is really demoralizing when you compare our bench to some others. Like West Hams today. Six seasons in we shouldn't have such a weak second string team. What is Jordan Ayew ever going to do?

I wonder if there's a bit going on behind the scenes. Not one player signed by Dougie Freedman gets a game. Guaita looked good in La Liga against fucking Barcelona, Riedewald comes with a reputation, and it must be demoralizing for the likes of Sorloth that we choose to play with 0 striker instead of 1 regardless of how limited he appears. If there's a difference in opinion between Roy and Dougie in regards to the quality of the scouting system then Steve Parish either has an expensive or an unpopular decision to make.

Crappy, stop/start game but a win nonetheless. Mustafi injury on top of Holding being injured and Sokratis missing the next game really spreads us thin in central defence. Not totally sure on the offside rule regarding Lacazette's disallowed goal, was surely the second phase as he came back onside and then the Huddersfield defender passed it back. And Torreira is a fucking beast.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived