Everton 3-2 Watford
Everton 1-0 Watford
Watford 3-2 Everton
Watford 1-1 Everton

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Sky Sports all over. Start the build up for Everton v Watford an hour before kick off, spend two minutes discussing the teams that are playing then spend the next 50 minutes talking about the title challenge and the Sterling scandal which they've been discussing on SSN literally all day.

• Subscriber

Apparently Deeney said he'd have to smash Richarlison today. Such a proper lad and a real throwback that lad, and that's exactly what everyone would say if Fellaini, Vardy, or some other 'villain of the piece' came out with a comment like that.

Saw earlier on Twitter that Watford fans were bringing inflatable snakes to the game but didn't post it on here because I was sure it was a wind up, but there they are 😂😂.

I wish for their sake that they end up with something better to worry about in the near future rather than the circumstances surrounding how one of the thirty seven managers they've had since they got promoted left the club.

Not really watched a lot of Everton this season to be frank. Found them a very tough watch last season and have been quite casual with the games I have seen this season.

The Liverpool away one recently, they looked much improved so will give this a watch.

Looking forward to seeing Andre Gomes. Heard quite a bit about him and he's looked bright in the highlight reel's. It's the winnable home games like this though where you need those kind of players to really grasp them and get the team going.

• Administrator

Goal EVERTON!!!
Richarlison scores!

Walcott interfered with play in an offside position though...

Play continued and the ball was squared to Richarlison who scored easily. 1-0.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Apparently Deeney said he'd have to smash Richarlison today. Such a proper lad and a real throwback that lad, and that's exactly what everyone would say if Fellaini, Vardy, or some other 'villain of the piece' came out with a comment like that.

Saw earlier on Twitter that Watford fans were bringing inflatable snakes to the game but didn't post it on here because I was sure it was a wind up, but there they are 😂😂.

I wish for their sake that they end up with something better to worry about in the near future rather than the circumstances surrounding how one of the thirty seven managers they've had since they got promoted left the club.

Knowing what Deeney is like these days, I very much doubt he has said something like that. He's always come across fairly humble these days, and more of a nice guy, especially compared to what he used to be like.

• Subscriber

Awful officiating again.

Lovely finish that though. You would expect him to score really but it's one of those where he couldn't have taken it any better. I've been impressed with him so far. Not going to say he's repaid the fee yet like some will be desperate to but he's looked like he could.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Knowing what Deeney is like these days, I very much doubt he has said something like that. He's always come across fairly humble these days, and more of a nice guy, especially compared to what he used to be like.

It was light hearted for sure. Just saying if it was someone who was perceived as a "dirty cunt" rather than a "old fashioned hard man centre forward", people would react differently.

• Subscriber

Everton playing well but I think Goodison Park is my least favourite ground to watch football at on the tv. Have to put it on mute, there isn't a moanier crowd in the league, said it so many times, they complain about everything. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Everton playing well but I think Goodison Park is my least favourite ground to watch football at on the tv. Have to put it on mute, there isn't a moanier crowd in the league, said it so many times, they complain about everything. 

Liverpool as well.

• Administrator

Yerry Mina very lucky to get away with that challenge on Success. Didn't take the ball, and would have been off for a 2nd booking no doubt if free-kick given. 

But the referee has been shite for Everton in the lead up to that though.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Yerry Mina very lucky to get away with that challenge on Success. Didn't take the ball, and would have been off for a 2nd booking no doubt if free-kick given. 

But the referee has been shite for Everton in the lead up to that though.

Couldn't tell conclusively from that replay whether he got the ball or not, but I think we've definitely have the rub of the green so far. Typical that there have been poor decisions both ways though, it's hard to keep track of which teams benefit more from refereeing incompetence nowadays when one team gets fucked three times and the other team gets fucked twice but on bigger decisions.

Watford are difficult to play against, they carry a threat in attack and our back four look busier than they have for most of the season at home. Our build up play is superior but it still takes us too many forays on average into the final third to create a clear cut opportunity. We're also still prone to having 5-10 minute 'naps' in games where we're just building enough momentum to really take control then we just fade for a bit and it evens out again. This is why, off the top of my head, there have been so many more instances of us going a goal up then conceding an equaliser than us going up one and then scoring another.

• Subscriber

Shown more replays of the Mina challenge at half time. Still debatable so have to give the officials the benefit of the doubt there for me. May have been a foul but hardly an appalling or disgraceful oversight if they've missed that one. Offside call was gash but that one not on the same level.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Couldn't tell conclusively from that replay whether he got the ball or not, but I think we've definitely have the rub of the green so far. Typical that there have been poor decisions both ways though, it's hard to keep track of which teams benefit more from refereeing incompetence nowadays when one team gets fucked three times and the other team gets fucked twice but on bigger decisions.

Watford are difficult to play against, they carry a threat in attack and our back four look busier than they have for most of the season at home. Our build up play is superior but it still takes us too many forays on average into the final third to create a clear cut opportunity. We're also still prone to having 5-10 minute 'naps' in games where we're just building enough momentum to really take control then we just fade for a bit and it evens out again. This is why, off the top of my head, there have been so many more instances of us going a goal up then conceding an equaliser than us going up one and then scoring another.

On the replay from behind the players, it was clear he took the player out and got none of the ball.

As for Watford - they're physical, don't have that much quality if Pereyra is off form, and can be quite aggressive. I don't think they carry that much of a threat in attack - Success is very limited and Deeney can be hit and miss.

On the whole regarding the referee, Kevin Friend is rubbish. Can't remember any good game he might have had and don't rate him as one of the 'elite' refs or anywhere near that. Glad he's from Leicester(shire) so he never gets to ref us xD 

• The title was changed to Everton 2-2 Watford - Monday 10th December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived