The better place to talk football.

Everton 2-2 Watford - Monday 10th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Everton 2-2 Watford - Monday 10th December, 2018
  • Subscriber

Better than a loss but still fuming at that performance. Panic substitutions from Marco as well. Why bother throwing Calvert-Lewin and Tosun on only to put Dominic on the wing so he can watch from a distance while we lump hopeful balls into Mina playing as another makeshift centre forward? Replace Gueye with Davies and at least keep some shape about the team.

Another exhibit tonight of Coleman living on borrowed time. He offers next to nothing in attack now and although defensively he hasn't declined too much that was never his strength anyway. Shame but looks like he's going the way of Leighton Baines, just not got the legs to get forward and back enough to still carry a threat going forward. Time for Jonjoe Kenny to get a run of games for me so we can see if he's going to become a player for us.

Mina and Keane gone from invincible in their previous appearances to shaky tonight, don't know why. Gomes faded second half when we needed him to take control of the game in that spell after half time where they got on top. Bernard and Walcott both looked sharp early on but no end product and eventually faded from the game. Bernard gets more time for me but Walcott is starting to worry me. Sigurdsson is quality but his lack of mobility was exposed tonight and Richarlison is a 21 year old who can't carry the weight of an attack where none of our wide players are offering anything from the start or off the bench on his shoulders.

No need to kick off loads as it's the first season of a new regime but plenty of problems need solving.

Watford were mugged there IMO. Everton looked like they had ran out of ideas bar pumping it on for Mina and Keane. Great free kick but very fortunate. That was average from Everton and I was pretty disappointed by them.

Have to say, I was very impressed with Watford tonight. They showed attacking intent from the very first minute. They weren't scared to go forward and you had the feeling they had a goal in them well before they actually scored. Made the game a fascinating watch.

Everton seemed far too casual for me. I don't know if it was the atmosphere or the lack of a 'prestigious opponent', but I wouldn't say they ever looked dominant for a home team. They didn't exactly put their foot on the gas and personally, I think it only encouraged Watford to go at them and you saw that, especially second half.

The young lad Quina was excellent. He looked a talent.

40 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Got Sigurdsson in my fantasy team the cunt. Ah well, that's hilarious!xD

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

Me too, and Pickford. Was alright until about 10 minutes ago xD 

I've got Richarlison, Andre Gomes and Digne...19 points :D

• Subscriber

Definitely think Watford wanted it more than us tonight, worked harder and unlucky not to win.

They are still cunts though, along with every other team that isn't Everton.

The snakes thing was more funny than embarrassing for me.

• Administrator

Just seen what the Daily Mail have gone with for their back pages tomorrow. Almost insinuating, with no proof, that what Everton fans did to Isaac Success was in any way, shape or form similar to what abuse Sterling got. 

Obviously never liked the Daily Mail anyway as its quite clearly a rag that's not worth wiping your shit on, but they don't exactly help themselves here. 

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Stan said:

Just seen what the Daily Mail have gone with for their back pages tomorrow. Almost insinuating, with no proof, that what Everton fans did to Isaac Success was in any way, shape or form similar to what abuse Sterling got. 

Obviously never liked the Daily Mail anyway as its quite clearly a rag that's not worth wiping your shit on, but they don't exactly help themselves here. 

Do you have a link or screenshot? Sounds pretty embarrassing on their part. It's the media all over though. For years it's been fashionable to feed the public perception of Sterling being an entitled prick ever since he burst onto the scene at the age of 18 and it came out that he already had two kids by different girls.

I've heard a lot of discussion over the weekend about this buying his mum a house thing. For ages I've just assumed that this was being brought up in his defence but now I find out it's actually being used as a stick to beat him with. Like, the people having a go at him over it, are they saying that if they had the money (For doing their job ffs not robbing a bank, or tax fraud, or even winning the lottery), they'd consider it entitled or a luxury to set their parents up for life? Absolutely bizarre and it's not even a minority, it's the accepted narrative!?

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that now public opinion has shifted in favour of Sterling after this weekend, it's only taken one day for the shittiest rags in the country to try and jump on a non-incident at a football match to make themselves look like the first to get on the anti-racism movement bandwagon.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Do you have a link or screenshot? Sounds pretty embarrassing on their part. It's the media all over though. For years it's been fashionable to feed the public perception of Sterling being an entitled prick ever since he burst onto the scene at the age of 18 and it came out that he already had two kids by different girls.

I've heard a lot of discussion over the weekend about this buying his mum a house thing. For ages I've just assumed that this was being brought up in his defence but now I find out it's actually being used as a stick to beat him with. Like, the people having a go at him over it, are they saying that if they had the money (For doing their job ffs not robbing a bank, or tax fraud, or even winning the lottery), they'd consider it entitled or a luxury to set their parents up for life? Absolutely bizarre and it's not even a minority, it's the accepted narrative!?

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that now public opinion has shifted in favour of Sterling after this weekend, it's only taken one day for the shittiest rags in the country to try and jump on a non-incident at a football match to make themselves look like the first to get on the anti-racism movement bandwagon.

DuGA71bW0AEpLKQ.jpg:large

The fact the inset article immediately alludes to what happened at Chelsea, next to the picture, to me they're clearly trying to make similarities between the two. Pathetic, in my eyes.

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah except they said he had 5 kids with 5 different women, pricks.

Anyways that's pretty shameful that they're basically insinuating these people are racist without any context or proof.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived