• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Frenkie de Jong Joins FC Barcelona

football forum

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, José said:

xD guess Barcelona has to find another option to take a La Masia product spot.. my oh my, how deep the "Catalonia first" has fallen

It was between PSG or City?

Have Barca ever inquired? Or at least seriously? 

De Jong has publicly come out denying any link whatsoever to PSG.

The truth is that there are various clubs interested in him and it's only a matter of time before he ends up at one of Europe's top clubs and Paris Saint-Germain isn't one of those. 

• Subscriber

HOPE FOR BARCELONA AND MANCHESTER CITY AS FRENKIE DE JONG DENIES PSG DEAL

MARK TAYLOR 12:15, 07 Dec 2018

Ajax star Frenkie De Jong seemingly has the pick of Europe's top clubs and he's been linked with most of them in recent months.

The 21-year-old Dutch international has impressed at club and international level this year, alerting the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United, Liverpool and Manchester City to his talents.

Reports this morning suggested midfielder De Jong was on his way to PSG for a fee of around €75million but the player has now denied a deal has been done. Speaking to De Telegraaf newspaper, he said there was no such agreement in place which may well be a diplomatic response given the timing of the news. 

"There is no deal, nothing has been decided yet," he said. "I would not be able to make a decision now. In the winter I will not leave anyway." 

The same newspaper had reported that a deal was all but done with PSG which was a something of a shock given his technical ability would make him a more natural fit for Pep Guardiola at City or Barca. 

The Paris club were happy to pay the price quoted and officials from both parties allegedly met earlier this week to finalise a package. Current PSG star Kylian Mbappe had recommended the player and the idea of living in Paris was - unbelievably - more attractive to De Jong than the prospect of living in Manchester.

De Jong seems destined to become Ajax's most expensive sale ever - beating the £35m that Tottenham had to pay for Davinson Sanchez last year.

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/hope-for-barcelona-and-manchester-city-as-frenkie-de-jong-denies-psg-deal

Frenkie de Jong will go to Barcelona probably in a joint deal with De Ligt, Frenkie has said if he ever left Ajax his prefered league to play in is La Liga.   No idea why he would choose PSG apart from money he is probably better staying at Ajax.  

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What is that even supposed to mean?xD

Barcelona have a heritage and style embedded in their history which makes fans proud and them an appeal to certain World Class players. Frenkie De Jong seems to have the attributes that not only suit the club and the fans cravings for players that remind them of their past, but the thought of being a legend where the likes of Koeman, Cryuff, Kluivert etc have thrived must be a mouth watering prospect for him.

39 minutes ago, Batard said:

PSG = Plastic club

34 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Barcelona have a heritage and style embedded in their history which makes fans proud and them an appeal to certain World Class players. Frenkie De Jong seems to have the attributes that not only suit the club and the fans cravings for players that remind them of their past, but the thought of being a legend where the likes of Koeman, Cryuff, Kluivert etc have thrived must be a mouth watering prospect for him.

It was the word "authenticity" which made me put the question to you mate and as you can appreciate, there have been lots of accusations thrown at Barça in recent times at not being all they apparently make themselves out to be which in this case would be negating on thei traditional and historic duties towards La Masia products coming first.

Not that I don't agree with that (had it have been that which it obviously wasn't after your reasoning) type of accusation thrown at the club these days because it's true.

But as you have well pointed out which I was about to respond to you with and which you have done yourself because I misinterpreted your one sentence statement, Barcelona have a very very long tradition of great Dutch Players joining the club since the late '60s.  That's the reason you nearly always hear or read comments of young promising Dutch players (when asked about their future) stating that their dream would be to one day play for FC Barcelona... We've had these comments from a layer that moved from the Dutch league to Italy recently in the shape of Justin Kluivert just to use as another example.

Take for example one of the greatest Dutch players of contemporary football in the shape of Dennis Bergkamp who in an interview once he stated that the only regret in his football career was that instead of having moved to Inter (pre-Arsenal) he should've taken the first opportunity given to him to go to Barcelona back in the day but that at the time it was too early and subsequently 2 years later when he did move the best option he had was Internazionale.

But Barcelona shouldn't be De Jong's only option and I'm positive it isn't... What I mean, is that he shouldn't only look out for that because he could be a success anywhere he wishes to go and that there are plenty of options available to him like Juventus, Manchester United and even Arsenal although right at this minute of all the big clubs courting the footballer in question we would probably be seen as his biggest risk choice.

@Panna King 

On 09/12/2018 at 11:08, SirBalon said:

It was the word "authenticity" which made me put the question to you mate and as you can appreciate, there have been lots of accusations thrown at Barça in recent times at not being all they apparently make themselves out to be which in this case would be negating on thei traditional and historic duties towards La Masia products coming first.

Not that I don't agree with that (had it have been that which it obviously wasn't after your reasoning) type of accusation thrown at the club these days because it's true.

But as you have well pointed out which I was about to respond to you with and which you have done yourself because I misinterpreted your one sentence statement, Barcelona have a very very long tradition of great Dutch Players joining the club since the late '60s.  That's the reason you nearly always hear or read comments of young promising Dutch players (when asked about their future) stating that their dream would be to one day play for FC Barcelona... We've had these comments from a layer that moved from the Dutch league to Italy recently in the shape of Justin Kluivert just to use as another example.

Take for example one of the greatest Dutch players of contemporary football in the shape of Dennis Bergkamp who in an interview once he stated that the only regret in his football career was that instead of having moved to Inter (pre-Arsenal) he should've taken the first opportunity given to him to go to Barcelona back in the day but that at the time it was too early and subsequently 2 years later when he did move the best option he had was Internazionale.

But Barcelona shouldn't be De Jong's only option and I'm positive it isn't... What I mean, is that he shouldn't only look out for that because he could be a success anywhere he wishes to go and that there are plenty of options available to him like Juventus, Manchester United and even Arsenal although right at this minute of all the big clubs courting the footballer in question we would probably be seen as his biggest risk choice.

@Panna King 

Most talented Ajax players who have come through the ranks, the way they play and educated at the club, there are only a few clubs that do match their football education,  Barcelona, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham etc it makes no sense at all to join other certain clubs as it is completely different to their football education.  We saw some big mistakes in the past with Bergkamp who went to a very structured defensive team Inter Milan and a defensive oriented league after leaving a free flowing attacking side who also had immense technical ability.  It was never going to work due to the incompatibility of the styles of the player to the type of style of the league he joined,  this was just the start of the involvements of agents making a quick buck.    

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Manchester City will not try to sign anyone in January, meaning they could miss out on Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong. (The Times)

De Jong has agreed on a five-year deal with Barcelona, who will now hope to negotiate a lower fee than the 75m (£67.8m) euros Ajax want for the 21-year-old.  (Sport)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, José said:

Applicable to other teams but Barcelona built its reputation around La masia and although they are far from the number one team in spain( trophies wise) they are an elite team because of the way they achieved success. Now they are like PSG but with a bit more reputation. 

Could very well say the same about United 

9 minutes ago, José said:

To an extent but last time I checked Man Utd is still the number one team in England and managed to do what Barcelona has been desperately trying, dethrone the rivals. Can’t fully blame Barcelona though, RM stayed relevant during Barcelona’s success unlike Liverscum and their league title drought. :ay:

Except United haven't been relevant in a title race or european cup run for 6 years. 

Can't criticise Liverpool for not competing when you lot have done fuck all but an FA Cup in more than half a decade. 

5 hours ago, José said:

:shutup: This is getting silly now. They should  Deal with the bust of the decade Cou before making this move. Poor Aleńa, he can’t get the same respect and treatment that Real Madrid is givin M. llórente and other youngsters. 

RIP la masia 

De Jong is something they dont have coming through, he fits their way of play perfectly its a good match. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2019 at 11:33, Panna King said:

Hearing from my source, Frenkie de Jong will be joining Barcelona next season for 75 Million Euros which includes add ons, this will beat the record transfer sell which stands with Davinson Sanchez 50 million euros.

My contact was spot on!   Frenkie de jong has signed for Barcelona today for 75 Millions which could rise to 86 million with addons,  on a 5 year deal starting from July 2019.

xxl.jpg

https://nos.nl/artikel/2268707-ajax-verkoopt-frenkie-de-jong-voor-75-miljoen-aan-barcelona.html

https://www.ajax.nl/streams/actueel/ajax-en-fc-barcelona-bereiken-akkoord-over-frenkie-de-jong-.htm

• The title was changed to Frenkie de Jong Joins Barcelona
2 hours ago, José said:

xD RIP la Masia and the Catalonia fake movement 

Denis Suarez. 

Carles Alena. 

Riqui Puig

Sergi Samper

Oriol Busquets

Carles Perez

Abel Ruiz

Let's be real here, there is no way any one of them will make it in the first team. At least not how Barca currently operates. It seems like they are following the Chelsea model. This is modern football. The demand for immediate success. 

You'd think mid table clubs of every country would be aware of the abundance of talent Barca has. 

On 14/01/2019 at 14:47, José said:

To an extent but last time I checked Man Utd is still the number one team in England and managed to do what Barcelona has been desperately trying, dethrone the rivals. Can’t fully blame Barcelona though, RM stayed relevant during Barcelona’s success unlike Liverscum and their league title drought. :ay:

That has more to do with Liverpool's own downfall than Man United though and makes no sense.

Man United had to "dethrone" a side consisting of players like Neil Ruddock, Stan Collymore and Jason McAteer whereas Barcelona had to come up with one consisting of the likes of Ramos, Modric and C.Ronaldo. A whole different ball game altogether.

• 4 months later...

Pirlo: 'De Jong best player in the world'

"He has the personality, the technique, basically everything to play in his position," said the 40-year-old Italian, who stopped playing football a year and a half after a period at New York City.

Pirlo recognizes a lot of himself in De Jong, who will be coming from Ajax to FC Barcelona for 86 million euros this summer. "It is in his vision. He knows exactly where the spaces are and how the players move. He is just a very good player. "

13 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Pirlo: 'De Jong best player in the world'

"He has the personality, the technique, basically everything to play in his position," said the 40-year-old Italian, who stopped playing football a year and a half after a period at New York City.

Pirlo recognizes a lot of himself in De Jong, who will be coming from Ajax to FC Barcelona for 86 million euros this summer. "It is in his vision. He knows exactly where the spaces are and how the players move. He is just a very good player. "

This is a Cruyff signing from heaven! If Johan was still with us he would've made sure this signing already executed was made. I can't wait to see him playing in blaugrana even if next season the shirt has cheques.

Archived