Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Frenkie de Jong Joins FC Barcelona

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Cant find the link to it but there was a study on the decline of "catalonian" support to the club via tickets and merchandise. Slowly the club is destroying what made Barcelona great and they are quickly becoming a less effective version than RM (based on CLs) 

Ignoring la masia youth and the local fans to please fans like Sirbalon and chrissy. 9_9

It’s a reading that then. Phew!

Thank God football success isn’t based on winning just Chanpions Leagues then. 

Wonder if this is the article

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/08/madridification-barcelona-barca-went-mes-que-un-club-just-another/

Quite a good read honestly but it doesn't in any way indicate that one is better than the other just talks about trends in football and how they've changed principle identification for the club. TBH every club is doing it these days so its not something unusual to see in this football landscape. 

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Cant find the link to it but there was a study on the decline of "catalonian" support to the club via tickets and merchandise. Slowly the club is destroying what made Barcelona great and they are quickly becoming a less effective version than RM (based on CLs) 

Ignoring la masia youth and the local fans to please fans like Sirbalon and chrissy. 9_9

How can you become a less effective team than one who you finish above every season in the league? Makes no sense.

Liverpool > United

because CL’s

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

How can you become a less effective team than one who you finish above every season in the league? Makes no sense.

As good as Barcelona has been, the fact that they haven't won a CL in five years now is the biggest disappointment in football... you may not agree with it but the Spanish media here trashed Messi and Barcelona for the embarrassing defeat to liverpool that resulted in yet another disappointing year for messi but its messi/Barcelona so you will find ways to excuse it. 

Forget winning back to back or back to back to back, Barcelona is too good talent wise and given how much they spend to not win a CL. This is far from an agenda post cause i give credit were is due and Liverpool is doing the right way with the two FBs, Gomez, and a few English players... yeah they have bought a few expensive players but Barcelona is going way overboard with it. This only pleases the part time fans like Antonio and yourself, it's the youngsters at la masia and the self-pride catalonians that are getting fucked and the worst part about it is that they are getting fucked and still not getting the results the board wants to achieve with all those buys and sells. 

21 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

As good as Barcelona has been, the fact that they haven't won a CL in five years now is the biggest disappointment in football... you may not agree with it but the Spanish media here trashed Messi and Barcelona for the embarrassing defeat to liverpool that resulted in yet another disappointing year for messi but its messi/Barcelona so you will find ways to excuse it. 

Forget winning back to back or back to back to back, Barcelona is too good talent wise and given how much they spend to not win a CL. This is far from an agenda post cause i give credit were is due and Liverpool is doing the right way with the two FBs, Gomez, and a few English players... yeah they have bought a few expensive players but Barcelona is going way overboard with it. This only pleases the part time fans like Antonio and yourself, it's the youngsters at la masia and the self-pride catalonians that are getting fucked and the worst part about it is that they are getting fucked and still not getting the results the board wants to achieve with all those buys and sells. 

The Madrid based media for particular reasons. So as to take attention on Real Madrid not winning anything and such a terrible season which is totally understandable.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The Madrid based media for particular reasons. So as to take attention on Real Madrid not winning anything and such a terrible season which is totally understandable.

The media HERE. (I haven't moved to Spain bruh ) Barcelona are the biggest scums in football but yet they are the favourites of UEFA and instead of exposing their scummy ways and their achievements get overhyped and their failures are excused. Conmebol is finally taking action against messi although the afa is doing everything to stop the punishment. xD  

2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Barcelona are the biggest scums

Wow!

I'm starting to think someone in your family got done in some way by them. You should relax mate, this is only football.

On 09/07/2019 at 18:54, Teso dos Bichos said:

I'm not sure how it was a disappointing year for Messi to be honest. He was absolutely brilliant last season, his passing was on point, the quality of his goals were arguably better than ever, he at times rolled back the years with his dribbling, was all over and pitch and his work ethic and tracking back was probably better than ever. No attacking player around Europe even came close individually if we are being honest.

Himself, Ter Stegen and Pique in particular had fantastic seasons.

As a whole for the team it was definitely a disappointment mind(mainly due to Valverde) as I haven't known Barça to have as good a chance of winning the Champions league since last winning it in 2015. It was a great comeback from Liverpool, and they are a genuinely class team, but when you go 3-0 up at home then you need to do better as far as I'm concerned.

I'm also not sure how you can have a dig at Balon and myself over La Masia either, as we are constantly criticising the club for not giving more minutes to certain players. We are also very critical of the current transfer policy. There have been some excellent signings made under the current board, but also many which have left a lot of question marks. Not like any of this truly matters to you either way, as if it did you would be constant;y critical of Manchester United's (even worse) policy in which they sign players from as many countries as possible in order to market themselves there. It's all an agenda on your behalf. When @Cicero is critical of the club for the neglect of La Masia in recent years, he throws up very good points, he's also critical of Chelsea not giving more chances to youth and it's something which actually believes in. You don't, or you would have been absolutely bashing your own club for the last decade.

On 09/07/2019 at 19:18, SirBalon said:

He means the media in the USA mate, which means it must be true...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 09/07/2019 at 15:46, Teso dos Bichos said:

Sí, poque tú naciste y te criaste en Salford. Pendejo 9_9

• Haha 1

Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pedro, Puyol, Alba, Pique, etc set the standard. Barca are doing their best to progress after them and those type of players don’t just grow on trees at La Masia

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'm not sure how it was a disappointing year for Messi to be honest. He was absolutely brilliant last season, his passing was on point, the quality of his goals were arguably better than ever, he at times rolled back the years with his dribbling, was all over and pitch and his work ethic and tracking back was probably better than ever. No attacking player around Europe even came close individually if we are being honest.

Himself, Ter Stegen and Pique in particular had fantastic seasons.

As a whole for the team it was definitely a disappointment mind(mainly due to Valverde) as I haven't known Barça to have as good a chance of winning the Champions league since last winning it in 2015. It was a great comeback from Liverpool, and they are a genuinely class team, but when you go 3-0 up at home then you need to do better as far as I'm concerned.

I'm also not sure how you can have a dig at Balon and myself over La Masia either, as we are constantly criticising the club for not giving more minutes to certain players. We are also very critical of the current transfer policy. There have been some excellent signings made under the current board, but also many which have left a lot of question marks. Not like any of this truly matters to you either way, as if it did you would be constant;y critical of Manchester United's (even worse) policy in which they sign players from as many countries as possible in order to market themselves there. It's all an agenda on your behalf. When @Cicero is critical of the club for the neglect of La Masia in recent years, he throws up very good points, he's also critical of Chelsea not giving more chances to youth and it's something which actually believes in. You don't, or you would have been absolutely bashing your own club for the last decade.

He means the media in the USA mate, which means it must be true...

Great post. Only thing id say though is there are different types of people. Some are blatantly one eyed and/or don't see it as their job to criticise their own side... Political debates are full of these types...

de Jong said this yesterday when he was interviewed

“In my mind I have had the following list for a long time: Ajax-Arsenal-Barcelona – call it the Marc Overmars route,”    “But then again, if you can go directly to Barcelona, then you're right where you want to be. Faster than you ever dared to dream.”

35 minutes ago, Panna King said:

What a wonderful video in general. It lets us see a small glimpse of that human side to a footballer's life you usually don't get to see.

19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What a wonderful video in general. It lets us see a small glimpse of that human side to a footballer's life you usually don't get to see.

de Jong is an extremely down to earth guy and comes from a normal family unite, you never hear anything from him off the pitch at all.

6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

de Jong is an extremely down to earth guy and comes from a normal family unite, you never hear anything from him off the pitch at all.

That's how it looks in that video... Toally normal everyday family considering the fact Frenkie is already a big name and he's been playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world in Ajax. To hear and see those comments being thrown at him from those closest to him just looked like the sort of conversations one has with their family around the dinner table talking about dreams and targets in life. The relationship between the two brothers also looks like that typical brotherly relationship of choosing moments to say how you really feel and that you never say it enough. Really lovely video.