talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are Your Fears ?

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thread Azeem.  A true anxiety breeding ground! 

A few things scare me:

1. The logical extension of the current trend of political correctness and the supression of freedom of speech.

1a. Cotton wooling people, and telling everyone we cant say anything that might offend someone else.

2. The degradation of the attention span that is happening with a social media obsessed society.

3. My kids, - wanting them to be successful, happy, healthy, etc.

4. A prosperous economic future for a debt fueled society

The kids one is a good kind of worry I think. It motivates me greatly in parenthood. In some respects its marvellous worrying about them. 

35 minutes ago, Harry said:

3. My kids, - wanting them to be successful, happy, healthy, etc.

This probably more than anything, I wouldn't say I have any true fears personally about things in general that I can think of like dying etc or being alone, My biggest fear is for my kids and Grandkids really, for my kids I just want to know if they go out anywhere they return home safe and I do fear for the future where my Grandkids are concerned with the state of the world environment and nature etc... I wonder what kind of a world they will be growing up into the way things are going... 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Spiders. 

For me its Snakes... All my friends like to go hiking, but I struggle to partake in conversation when on the walks as I’m just constantly scanning the area for snakes.... :52_fearful:

1 minute ago, Harry said:

For me its Snakes... All my friends like to go hiking, but I struggle to partake in conversation when on walks as I’m just constantly scanning the area for snakes....

You are officially the most un-Australian member on this forum :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

You officially the most un-Australian member on this forum :ph34r:

:rofl:

It would be hard o give a shit about snakes in Europe. But in Aus any snake you see is 99% likely to be in the top 10 most deadly.

I’d rather not step on one.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

For me its Snakes... All my friends like to go hiking, but I struggle to partake in conversation when on the walks as I’m just constantly scanning the area for snakes.... :52_fearful:

Move to Ireland or New Zealand then mate... You could also move to Iceland where some believe is a thriving  population of Orangutans.. 

• Subscriber

You're building Room 101 or something?... :P 

Anyway, the only thing that really scares me is getting a debilitating disease or a serious disability at some point of my life and not being able to take care of myself. Other than that, nothing much really. Can't think of any irrational fears; there are a few things I dislike or don't feel very comfortable with (e.g. flying, being underwater, etc.) but not to such a degree that it causes anxiety.

Heights but it depends on what it is.

If I'm on a rollercoaster sitting down and the track is underneath me, i'm fine. if the roller coaster was with my legs dangling and the track above me... nope.

Being seriously physically maimed in an accident.

A close relative dying.

Jack Hendry playing for Celtic.

Being judged or excluded by my peers.

Bringing a child into the world that might be forced to live through the collapse of global order as we know it.

Spiders.

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Being seriously physically maimed in an accident.

A close relative dying.

Jack Hendry playing for Celtic.

Being judged or excluded by my peers.

Bringing a child into the world that might be forced to live through the collapse of global order as we know it.

Spiders.

And Buses if i remember correctly 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Losing my hearing. As I get older I have started to realize that all that loud music from my younger years and the fact that playing in a band automatically puts you in positions where you are exposed to lots of loud music does degrade your hearing ever so slowly.

Archived