• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are Your Fears ?

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Heights, if I stand on top of a building I can't look down, simple as that yet when I was a kid I would climb trees etc no bother, spiders or insects don't bother me but as I mentioned in other thread was I hate ear-wigs with their bloody pinchers on their backs.

I am not afraid of dying as we all have to die someday and I have been lucky in my time doing duties in the army as being shot at, nearly blown up but I am still alive and kicking, when I do pass away I will make sure I come back as a TalkFootall365 Poltergeist and change @DeadLinesman team he likes into Liverpool and see all the mayhem it will cause. xD

• 4 years later...

Not sure why but when I got to my late 20's I started fearing heights. Growing up I was fine, jumping off garage roofs and climbing high risky buildings. No idea how I grew this phobia within me.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Not sure why but when I got to my late 20's I started fearing heights. Growing up I was fine, jumping off garage roofs and climbing high risky buildings. No idea how I grew this phobia within me.

Probably something to do with keeping feet on the ground...

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I noticed the same. Not a fear as such, but I started feeling somewhat uneasy on tall buildings in my late 20s, too. Apparently, it's pretty common and is related to our sense of balance deteriorating as we age. 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I noticed the same. Not a fear as such, but I started feeling somewhat uneasy on tall buildings in my late 20s, too. Apparently, it's pretty common and is related to our sense of balance deteriorating as we age. 

I remember when I was round 28 and was climbing ladders to get to the second floor window. Needed to get through as I never had my house key. Halfway up I was bricking it big time. I did climb it quick as it's what I'd do with confidence in my early years.

11 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

A fear of coming into TF365 and seeing what thread @MUFC has dragged up again from the past and seeing @Toinho's reaction. xD

I wasn't registered when they were created. On on page 18 in the pub section. There are some really good topics.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I remember when I was round 28 and was climbing ladders to get to the second floor window. Needed to get through as I never had my house key. Halfway up I was bricking it big time. I did climb it quick as it's what I'd do with confidence in my early years.

That sounds pretty extreme... are you still experiencing it? For me, it was mostly feeling lightheaded a bit when looking down from a tall bridge or rooftop. But I tried to get rid of it by increasing my exposure to heights, and it has actually gotten better again. Even went paragliding and parasailing last year. 

Spiders. I still get that funny feeling when I see a big one and it makes a run for it like Usain Bolt out of view. I can't relax till I know it's gone.

As much as I don't like them, my other half literally freezes when she sees one so the responsibility to get rid of it lays with me. 

Seen a couple videos in the past like below, where people are driving in Australia and they spot a Huntsman crawling round the car whilst driving. I think I'd lose my shit if that happened xD

1 hour ago, nudge said:

That sounds pretty extreme... are you still experiencing it? For me, it was mostly feeling lightheaded a bit when looking down from a tall bridge or rooftop. But I tried to get rid of it by increasing my exposure to heights, and it has actually gotten better again. Even went paragliding and parasailing last year. 

That the issue I was getting, light headed slight dizzy when looking down and seeing the height I was at. Over the last 5 years have helped my uncle a few times on his garage roof. Getting onto wasn't an issue, but once up there. When I would walk I was quite on edge even so a garage isn't that high. When coming down the ladders I was really wary of falling. To think I used to jump from these heights as a kid lol.

49 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Spiders. I still get that funny feeling when I see a big one and it makes a run for it like Usain Bolt out of view. I can't relax till I know it's gone.

As much as I don't like them, my other half literally freezes when she sees one so the responsibility to get rid of it lays with me. 

Seen a couple videos in the past like below, where people are driving in Australia and they spot a Huntsman crawling round the car whilst driving. I think I'd lose my shit if that happened xD

I think most people would be scared of the bigger and more poisonous spiders. Are you scared of general garden spiders and the ones you get in your bath tub now and then? I have no issues with them at all. 

On 07/12/2018 at 12:24, True Blue said:

I have a fear  of needles, in general don't have fear of any animal or insect.

Only pussies have a fear of spiders. :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Need as in injections? All my life when I've been injected or had blood tests. Sometimes they say it might hurt a little, you'll feel a slight prick or just look down. Am thinking to myself that injections or having blood taken doesn't scare me. Just get on with it you fucking drama queen.

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Need as in injections? All my life when I've been injected or had blood tests. Sometimes they say it might hurt a little, you'll feel a slight prick or just look down. Am thinking to myself that injections or having blood taken doesn't scare me. Just get on with it you fucking drama queen.

Nahhh not for injected, only for blood tests. However had some health issues in the past few years and got over it.

Now i just fear Jorginho starting for Chelsea

5 hours ago, MUFC said:

I think most people would be scared of the bigger and more poisonous spiders. Are you scared of general garden spiders and the ones you get in your bath tub now and then? I have no issues with them at all. 

Not the garden one's, don't mind them, it's more the house ones with the big bodies, some of them are big and when they move they go like shit off a shovel.

Not for me.

I've had two events in my life that still crop in my nightmares now and again to this day.

1. Got lost as a child in Blackpool, I wondered off from one of the Arcades under my grans supervision. She was on the OXO machines and I just slipped off. I remember walking out on the front and wondering down to another arcade, at this point I was lost. I cried my eyes out and I remember a man helping me look for my mum, dad and gran. Felt like hours but was more than likely 15 minutes but felt like I was lost forever.

2. Used to ride off road bikes as a kid  on the local fields. Anyway the fields lead to the back of an industrial estate which we would generally turn back once we reached, this particular day I had my mate on the back of the bike and we shot into the industrial estate. Showing off I was speeding down the back of a factory in an area I'd never been before, I went round a blind corner and noticed a swing gate open face straight toward us with the main height of the gate at my face height. I slammed on the breaks and basically screamed assuming I was going to be decapitated. Maybe God was looking down on us that day, because we managed to break withing about 4 inches. The wheel of the bike was actually under the lower part of the gate.

Basically like this but face height on the bike..

swing-gate1-350x350.jpg

22 minutes ago, Devil said:

I've had two events in my life that still crop in my nightmares now and again to this day.

1. Got lost as a child in Blackpool, I wondered off from one of the Arcades under my grans supervision. She was on the OXO machines and I just slipped off. I remember walking out on the front and wondering down to another arcade, at this point I was lost. I cried my eyes out and I remember a man helping me look for my mum, dad and gran. Felt like hours but was more than likely 15 minutes but felt like I was lost forever.

2. Used to ride off road bikes as a kid  on the local fields. Anyway the fields lead to the back of an industrial estate which we would generally turn back once we reached, this particular day I had my mate on the back of the bike and we shot into the industrial estate. Showing off I was speeding down the back of a factory in an area I'd never been before, I went round a blind corner and noticed a swing gate open face straight toward us with the main height of the gate at my face height. I slammed on the breaks and basically screamed assuming I was going to be decapitated. Maybe God was looking down on us that day, because we managed to break withing about 4 inches. The wheel of the bike was actually under the lower part of the gate.

Basically like this but face height on the bike..

swing-gate1-350x350.jpg

I had two similar experiences.

1) Once I got lost in Bulgaria, because I was a kind of wandering about, and there was a power outage. So I was lost in the dark. A stranger noticed my situation and tried to take my hand to lead me back to my parents, but I refused to take his hand, because fuck strangers. Eventually the lights came back on, and I found my parents again after several minutes. 

2) We had those kind of gates at the end of a bridge we used to ride our bikes on. So we went very fast down the bridge, and always braked very late because we were stupid kids who thought that was cool. One time I braked way too late, and it was clear that I wasn't going to make it, so I had to make an emergency fall and slid under the gate with my bike, basically sideways laying down. 

You were a very lame kid. :ph34r: Also that's probably where I peaked. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I had two similar experiences.

1) Once I got lost in Bulgaria, because I was a kind of wandering about, and there was a power outage. So I was lost in the dark. A stranger noticed my situation and tried to take my hand to lead me back to my parents, but I refused to take his hand, because fuck strangers. Eventually the lights came back on, and I found my parents again after several minutes. 

2) We had those kind of gates at the end of a bridge we used to ride our bikes on. So we went very fast down the bridge, and always braked very late because we were stupid kids who thought that was cool. One time I braked way too late, and it was clear that I wasn't going to make it, so I had to make an emergency fall and slid under the gate with my bike, basically sideways laying down. 

You were a very lame kid. :ph34r: Also that's probably where I peaked. 

I was a lame kid?

Please explain, because I'm confused what you mean?

Archived