talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017 NHL Stanley Cup Finals - Predators vs Penguins (Pitt leades 2-0)

football forum

Just now, ATL said:

The Bruins have a long standing rivalry with the Blackhawks, so I absolutely despise them. 

I couldn't disagree more. There has been nothing close to a rivalry between the Hawks and the Bruins outside of the Original Six years.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mad, I get a totally different vibe. From the Stanley Cup final to all the matches we play with them, it just seems to be full of absolute hatred. Nothing like what we have with the Blues, but probably our 2nd or 3rd more heated rivalry from what I sense. 

3 minutes ago, ATL said:

Mad, I get a totally different vibe. From the Stanley Cup final to all the matches we play with them, it just seems to be full of absolute hatred. Nothing like what we have with the Blues, but probably our 2nd or 3rd more heated rivalry from what I sense. 

Weird, from the people Ive met You're the only person including Hawks and Bruins fans to have said that. Hawks only have two permanent rivals, the Blues and the Red Wings but even then the latter is pointless because they only play twice a season. The same applies even more to Boston but with a larger geographical difference.

Just now, Spike said:

Weird, from the people Ive met You're the only person including Hawks and Bruins fans to have said that. Hawks only have two permanent rivals, the Blues and the Red Wings but even then the latter is pointless because they only play twice a season. The same applies even more to Boston but with a larger geographical difference.

That may be a perspective things. I grew up surrounded by Bruin fans, and so it always felt heated. Add to that any tension during the game was probably biased on my part just because of my neighbors and best friends. 

Red Wings are a pointless rivalry, but the cities of Chicago and Detroit are rivals in every sport. Blues vs Blackhawks just gets nasty. 

Yesterday Scores
Senators 4 - 3 Bruins (OTT leads 2-1)
Capitals 3 - 4 Maple Leafs (TOR leads 2-1)
Blackhawks 2 - 3 Predators (NSH leads 3-0)

Ducks 5 - 4 Flames (ANA Leads 3-0)

Today's Games
Canadiens (2) vs (1) Rangers
Penguins (3) vs (0) Blue Jackets
Oilers (2) vs (1) Sharks

Yesterday Scores
Canadiens 1 - 2 Rangers (Series tied at 2-2)
Penguins 4 - 5 Blue Jackets (PIT leads 3-1)
Oilers 0 - 7 Sharks ( Series tied at 2-2)

Today's Games
Capitals (1) at (2) Maple Leafs
Senators (2) at (1) Bruins
Wild (0) at (3) Blues
Ducks (3) at (0) Flames

Yesterday Scores
Capitals 5 - 4 Leafs (Series tied at 2-2)
Senators 1 - 0 Bruins (OTT leads 3-1)
Wild 2 - 0 Blues (STL leads 3-1)
Ducks 3 - 1 Flames (ANA WINS 4-0)

Today's Games
Rangers (2) at (2) Canadiens
Blue Jackets (1) at (3) Penguins
Blackhawks (0) at (3) Predators
Sharks (2) at (2) Oilers

Yesterday Scores
Rangers 3 - 2 Canadiens (NYR Leads 3-2)
Blue Jackets 2 - 5 Penguins (PIT WINS 4-1)
Blackhawks 1 - 4 Predators (NSH WINS 4-0)
Sharks 3 - 4 OIlers (EDM leads 3-2)

Today's Games
Maple Leafs (2) at (2) Capitals
Bruins (1) at (3) Senators

Yesterday's Scores
Senators 3 - 2 Bruins (OTT wins 4-2)
Capitals 2 - 1 Maple Leafs (WSH wins 4-2)

**Thus completes the first round. The second round will begin Wednesday, April 26**

On 4/24/2017 at 11:41 PM, Anton said:

My new housemate is a huge NHL fan, so I am trying to get into it. He is a leaf's man, so I saw some of their game yesterday. Maybe next season I'll get involved!

lol the Leafs. Eternal disappointment and delusion. 

• Subscriber

This playoffs has been awesome so far, first round rarely disappoints but the second is off to a big bang so far. Washington is my horse  left in the race, i would like to see them finally beat that whiner in the second round and let Ovi hoist the cup. This time i actually believe they have a good chance with Letang out i think they genuinely have the best team left. 

Nashville has been surprisingly good as well as Edmonton big surprises. Hope this pace keeps up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2017 at 4:21 PM, Spike said:

I never got the hate for Crosby. I love watching him play.

I get it. He seems to cry a lot. I love watching Ronaldo play, but like Crosby, I understand the hate. 

Oilers are the team I want to win it now. So young and talented, plus that Game 4 was hard to watch if you are an Oilers fan. 

Game 5 is about to start. 

Wow - what a goal. The Oilers have a breakaway, gets hooked which makes him almost whiff on the shot, and it's so slow going to the net it ends up being missed by the goalie. 

1-0 Oilers. 

Archived