football forum

TF365's Team of the Year - Right-Backs Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Joshua Kimmich (FC Bayern)
    • Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid)
    • Dani Alves (Paris)
    • Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
    • Sime Vrsaljko (Atletico Madrid/Internazionale)
    • Sergio Roberto (FC Barcelona)
    • Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur)
    • Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)

football forum

tenor.gif?itemid=3298943

Who makes the left wingers throw shapes like Homer Simpson above? A position that it becoming more and more popular in the modern game and there are some fantastic right-back sentinels about. The question is who was the best in 2018? 

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was unpinned

This one is very difficult because they're either all old or had crap season's last year like Dani Carvajal who for me is the best singular right-back in the world... But he was injured a lot last season and was included in Spain's World Cup squad while injured.

Kimmich's comical World Cup deletes him from anything positive he may have done during last season while Dani Alves was playing for PSG and was past it two years before he left Barcelona.

Ant tonic Valencia seeming a forced inclusion into the nominations actually proves how poor it's all been in that area.  Which leads me onto Kyle Walker or César Azpilicueta for nomination but can't make up my mind.

• Subscriber
On 08/12/2018 at 15:11, SirBalon said:

Kimmich's comical World Cup deletes him from anything positive he may have done during last season 

Why? I don’t get this. A few games at a World Cup doesn’t erase a good season. I’m not saying he had a great season I just don’t agree with your reasoning.

See Messi... amazing season, average World Cup. Yet because the majority of people have your way of thinking he ends up being unappreciated by many for his efforts in 2018. 

Just now, JOSHBRFC said:

Why? I don’t get this. A few games at a World Cup doesn’t erase a good season. I’m not saying he had a great season I just don’t agree with your reasoning.

See Messi... amazing season, average World Cup. Yet because the majority of people have your way of thinking he ends up being unappreciated by many for his efforts in 2018. 

A season lasts 7 months while a World Cup lasts just under a month.  The timeline tells us something...

If I perform brilliantly for 7 months of a year I won't have my bosses chasing my bottom around the building whereas if I perform for 3 and a half weeks of a year I'm sure I'd be at my local Job Centre claiming unemployment benefit (or whatever the Tory Government have replaced that with).

But even if you're right (which I don't subscribe to), then how do you explain Messi being fifth?

What was Kimmich's Champions League campaign like?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

A season lasts 7 months while a World Cup lasts just under a month.  The timeline tells us something...

If I perform brilliantly for 7 months of a year I won't have my bosses chasing my bottom around the building whereas if I perform for 3 and a half weeks of a year I'm sure I'd be at my local Job Centre claiming unemployment benefit (or whatever the Tory Government have replaced that with).

But even if you're right (which I don't subscribe to), then how do you explain Messi being fifth?

Got further than Barca and Messi to be fair xD.

Same amount of goals as Aguero, Mbappe. More than Hazard, Bale, Muller.

Not bad for a right-back!

On 08/12/2018 at 15:11, SirBalon said:

This one is very difficult because they're either all old or had crap season's last year like Dani Carvajal who for me is the best singular right-back in the world... But he was injured a lot last season and was included in Spain's World Cup squad while injured.

Kimmich's comical World Cup deletes him from anything positive he may have done during last season while Dani Alves was playing for PSG and was past it two years before he left Barcelona.

Ant tonic Valencia seeming a forced inclusion into the nominations actually proves how poor it's all been in that area.  Which leads me onto Kyle Walker or César Azpilicueta for nomination but can't make up my mind.

Carvajhal was not injured a lot last season.

14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

image.thumb.png.f204f5058cb13cf176cbe696888b6263.png

Only 90 days. 

Thank you @Cannabis

He’s played roughly 50 games this years.

The first 49 days are irrelevant. It was last season but it was 2017 so irrelevant for this poll.

21 days - Yea

20 days in June, there were no meaningful games. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Eh? 

I’m saying I don’t agree with your reasoning that a poor World Cup means your season has been shit. 

Carvajal. I agree with Balon that Kimmich would have been in the running if he had a good World Cup.

I think Pavard should be on that list. I thought he was impeccable in Russia for France.

Archived