• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tue 7th March - Napoli (2) 1-3 (6) Real Madrid

• The title was changed to Tue 7th March - Napoli (2) 1-3 (6) Real Madrid
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He's a game winner but by no means is he a solid defender.

Agree. Pepe when he decides to play football and not WWE is the better defender. 

Two set piece goals, one rebound goal. To be honest the score line doesn't reflect the game, we were dominated for the most part of the match and it is worrying, this is our best eleven and we can't control and create anything. We will absolutely get annihilated if we play like this against Barca or Bayern.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Nailed on to be Leicester if they get past Sevilla.

Without a doubt.  Let's see who gets through and we can all place a bet amongst each other because the bookies won't be offering much.

Had uni work to do but watched because I seriously felt Real could struggle. Napoli were totally dominant and looked superb but wasted a couple of openings and at just 1-0 I had an uneasy feeling.

Then Ramos scored the first header and you could tell it was going to be one of those Real performances. 

Glad I tuned out and got some work done rather than watching the last two goals. 

In reality Napoli are the Belgium of club football. All hype about them and some of their star quality players, but for starters they defend like shit.

I'd rather win than play pretty football and be the ones who say "we were the best side but got unlucky". Had plenty of that with our former manager and it's sickening.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this thread up, but there's a few things I'd like to address.

@Cicero Mertens on form is a better player than Hazard but he's inconsistent and that holds him back a little in my opinion. Hazard being the star at Chelsea gives him more value than Mertens. Although whenever Dries is on form, he's hard to stop but he's shown over the 2 legs that he's just barely off the world class tag in my opinion.

@True Bender I genuinely whispered to myself "Ramos goal" right before the corner was taken! It seemed inevitable to me.

On 8/3/2017 at 5:47 AM, Machado said:

In reality Napoli are the Belgium of club football. All hype about them and some of their star quality players, but for starters they defend like shit.

I'd rather win than play pretty football and be the ones who say "we were the best side but got unlucky". Had plenty of that with our former manager and it's sickening.

Can't tag you for some reason as I was able to with the 2 above. I don't agree with the "we are the Belgium of club football" as we have 2 completely different issues. Belgium don't play like a team but have brilliant individuals. Napoli has both. However there seems to be a consistency mentality issue here as Napoli on some days play the best football in Serie A, on other days they are horribly dull. What happened here was that a lot of people hyped up Napoli for the form they were on, but in truth the only player Napoli has at the moment that could get into Real Madrid's starting 11 is Hamsik who is the best player in Serie A for me. Incredible off the ball movement, can strike a ball into an unsavable corner, and his vision is fantastic. Skill could be a bit better all things considered but he's overall a class player and he's the only one who proved something over the 2 legs. Mertens as I mentioned earlier proved over these 2 legs as well as some league performances that he is only world class when he's on form. Koulibaly is a great defender but he's in bad form at this moment. 

I fully agree that Napoli doesn't defend well. Koulibaly is good. I like Tonelli when he actually plays but the rest are awful and that includes Pepe Reina.

Archived