talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Away Fans Pub Guide

:hh:

Inspired by those people that were promoting their seven pound pints near Wembley. Here is a guide proposed by all our members based on their personal experiences during their away visits at all the grounds in The Premier League. If you have any reviews or any heresay recommendations, fell free to post and I'll add it to the first page :)

Cheers :drunk:

Arsenal

Drayton Park - The pubs in walking distance from The Emirates and is usually always full due to its reputation of being the best away pub near The Emirates. If it's too full and you're worried about the service, then there's other pubs in walking distance along Holloway Road.

Bournemouth

I went to a place called Mello Mello a couple of seasons ago which was ok but about a fifthteen minute walk to the ground. That was not fun with the wind and the rain down The South Coast. I'd be open to other suggestions if they're closer to the ground.

Brighton & Hove Albion

Yates & Weatherspoons, West Street - Both of these fair priced lively pubs are in the heart of Brighton's night life. Make sure you leave with plenty of time as you'd need to get a train to Falmer which is then a bridge away from the ground.

Burnley

Cardiff City

Chelsea

The Courtfield Tavern is near Earls Court tube. That had a good vibe but I'm sure that it's a mixed fans pub. I went to The Hereford Arms last time which welcomes away fans. Albeit it is expensive and not near the ground. Youd have to get the tube at Gloucester Road Station and leave with plenty of time to make kick off.

Crystal Palace

The George, Thornton Heath - away pubs are not that great when visiting Selhurst Park as a lot of them have now closed and are based in Thornton Heath. The George is a very short walk from the ground but it's a small venue so you'll need to get your drinks in early in one sitting. The Railway Telegraph is a nice away pub which is situated opposite the station to the right but that gets full very quick. Just don't try any of the chicken shops.

Everton

The Brick is probably the busiest around Goodison although it's flooded with Evertonians so not the best for away fans! The Winslow on Goodison Road is the best place for a pint IMO, across the road from the ground and not knee-deep so you can actually get served in good time. Not been to any others around the ground in truth, tend to bounce between the two of them whenever I fancy a pre-match drink.

Everybody knows THE away pub whether it be Liverpool or Everton is The Arkles.

Thomas Frost on County Road is a decent away pub/wetherspoons for away fans at Everton, used to be a great little boozer called the Salutation but that's shut now. Further up you've got the Black Horse but that is pretty moody.

Fulham

If your team are organising an unofficial boat trips then I recommend getting on that. They're cheaper and it's a good vibe. Other than that there's host of pubs across the bridge in Putney. The Kings Head was full of away fans when I went and there's another two or three along the river designated for away fans.

When I went to Fulham, we were recommended The Kings Head and The Temperance. Both a short walk from stadium. Went for the latter which had a good atmosphere in there. Like the way the bar is situated in the middle of the floor so you're not faced with huge queues in one area of the pub.

Huddersfield Town

Leicester City

For fans travelling to Leicester, The Counting House is usually one away fans go to. They have several screens and a massive projector if you fancy watching the Sky/BT games before/after the actual game.

Liverpool

Everybody knows THE away pub whether it be Liverpool or Everton is The Arkles.

Manchester City

Manchester United

Whatever you do, stick to the city centre. Everywhere near the ground is United fans only and they don't take kindly to Southerners. When you come out of the Manchester station in the city centre of you go left and walk for about 10/12 minutes you'll see a Weatherspooms next to a big Premier Inn and a McDonald's. It's two tiers and is full of away fans. Just go there and leave when everybody else does.

Newcastle United

Southampton

Northam Road is the place to go for away fans. It's in the city centre and has a good atmosphere on away days. I'd play it by ear and find somewhere there with a good atmosphere and a short bar queue.

Tottenham Hotspur

I'd get off at Baker Street and make use of the several good pubs around there. That seems to be most away fans preferred drinking choice. Just leave with enough time as transport links are not great.

Watford

Odd Fellows is right near the ground and designated for the away supporters. I personally prefer the away pubs in Watford High Street though as it's a little bit more chilled and a lot easier to get served.

West Ham United
For West Ham, you’re probably better off getting off at one of the stations either side of Stratford on the Central Line or straying into Hackney Wick. 

I literally just stayed in Central London last time with the small group i was going to the game with because I got told not to even bother trying to find a pub nearby as there isn't one.

Wolves

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

For fans travelling to Leicester, The Counting House is usually one away fans go to. They have several screens and a massive projector if you fancy watching the Sky/BT games before/after the actual game.

When I went to Fulham on Wednesday, we were recommended The Kings Head (as you mentioned) and The Temperance. Both a short walk from stadium. Went for the latter which had a good atmosphere in there. Like the way the bar is situated in the middle of the floor so you're not faced with huge queues in one area of the pub.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The Brick is probably the busiest around Goodison although it's flooded with Evertonians so not the best for away fans! The Winslow on Goodison Road is the best place for a pint IMO, across the road from the ground and not knee-deep so you can actually get served in good time. Not been to any others around the ground in truth, tend to bounce between the two of them whenever I fancy a pre-match drink.

Naaaa, everybody knows THE away pub whether it be Liverpool or Everton is The Arkles.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

For West Ham, you’re probably better off getting off at one of the stations either side of Stratford on the Central Line or straying into Hackney Wick. 

Hackney Wick is a better shout yeah, really enjoy some of the bars around there

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I know some places are home only on matchday over there, no idea what they’re called mind. 

I’ve never been pre game but usually head over there post match and not had any trouble, and considering this is Spurs/West Ham, can’t imagine others would either. Not sure it’s the type of area for some of the more old school West Ham fans ha

• 2 months later...

If you're coming to Newcastle, unlike so many teams rival fans AREN'T discouraged from most pubs - only when they start creating problems themselves does it get hairy. The response you get is the response you give so to speak.

The Strawberry is the nearest to the ground. Right beside the metro station too. Don't expect to be embraced as welcome visitors, of course (European teams were - but thats going back a few years....pre-Ashley of course) but you'll get no bother if you just have a drink and a chat. Ditto with Rosies or my particular fave, The Newcastle Arms. Good real Ale - and Ive often seen rival fans in there chatting with Newcastle fans. Theres a couple of pubs on Percy Street too, but they're a little wild sometimes but again, you get back what you give out

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Rather then start a new thread in the pub section, will put it on here, slightly off topic. Whats the roughest pub/pubs you been? In the mid 90's Manchester had some rough ones when I was in my teenage years, in college days we use to meet up in some pubs in Salford for a few hours. Then we would get a taxi to town, there was one called the Devonshire arms, fuck-me it had so many rough-neck fuckers inside, were drive by shootings too. 

• Subscriber

Leicester's got loads really but Counting House isn't far from the ground and it's between there and the station which is a plus.

Burnley has to be the cricket club by Turf Moor.

• The title was changed to Premier League Away Fans Pub Guide
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived