talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Cannabis Finish The Season As TF365 Staff?

football forum

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, José said:

If there was a thread already for kits, was it really necessary to create a specific one? Flooding the forum with unnecessary mierda 

Well the current thread for kits is for latest and newly-released kits for this season. Brian's thread was for his own collection. No harm in that. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, fuck off mate. 

What a collosal bunch of whiny pre-pubascent teenagers do we have on the forum here. 

He created a new thread, BOO-HOO. 

Yeah. He did. So fucking what. And it's football related, at the very least. And it generates activity. Which is the most important point in a forum. 

Nobody's whining about your good friend Marc's 3D modelling thread, which has a far lower interest ratio. 

My dawg @José on the money as always, handing out L’s

My girlfriend is a primary school teacher and she has a few children in her class with special educational needs. One of the young boys has a special seat, his own wall chart and basically his own rules. 

I’m of course not suggesting our good friend @Blue has special educational need, but is there similar logic here? Some members need to be treated differently for whatever reason?

7 minutes ago, Marc said:

My girlfriend is a primary school teacher and she has a few children in her class with special educational needs. One of the young boys has a special seat, his own wall chart and basically his own rules. 

I’m of course not suggesting our good friend @Blue has special educational need, but is there similar logic here? Some members need to be treated differently for whatever reason?

You're dating your teacher? 

• Administrator
Just now, Marc said:

Sorry, but how is @Blue making his own threads meaning he has his own rules? 

I'm taking your post to mean that you do infact think he has special needs and that is a grossly wild assumption and accusation to make. This is quite serious so we will be discussing this in the staff room. 

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sorry, but how is @Blue making his own threads meaning he has his own rules? 

I'm taking your post to mean that you do infact think he has special needs and that is a grossly wild assumption and accusation to make. This is quite serious so we will be discussing this in the staff room. 

Ok I welcome your discussion on the serious matter. The irony of this when @SirBalon and @Cannabis are going around calling people spackers.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Marc said:

Ok I welcome your discussion on the serious matter. The irony of this when @SirBalon and @Cannabis are going around calling people spackers.

Obviously not okay for them to do that. But it's also not okay for you to imply that someone on here has special needs just because you don't like the way they post or you think they're treated differently. 

Have a word with yourself before you post any more :) 

14 minutes ago, Marc said:

You just prove time and time again that you’re not offended by any of that which doesn’t make it right to have done it from the part of those who it concerns.

What you are is a charlatan and a liar!  You’re not offended by any of it and that post of yours indiscriminately attacking Brian is proof ot it by using those of a disadvantaged nature in that sense.

You have managed to somehow (understandably) trick some people here with your constant reporting of those posts while at the same time always attacking those that you don’t have affinity to which is where your complaints are rooted in... Not the offence, but the party that made the comment.

Now you’re fucked!

I’m telling you here in public... You’ve fucked yourself good and proper. You’re a fool and the beneficial sides to your membership don’t outwiegh the side to you that is rotten.  

Won't be commenting a lot on this as I don't want to make a tit of myself, but I will say this: I put a lot of effort to balance my posts between banter and serious debate. It gets incredibly boring when the usual vendetta filled suspects find one thing to pick at and then begin to insult me. Luckily it's not as bad as it used to be as I'd like to thing some have begun to grow on me and vice versa. There are others who just refuse to change and I simply have no business to do with them. 

Also about the whole "Brian needs a subforum" thing, Toinho was joking! We all found it funny including myself, but that's what it was - a joke. No need to bring it up in every sentence.

• Subscriber

What a read.

As probably the most neutral party here that gets on well with both sides to this I think I’d like to just make some observations.

On the original point, I have raised it before, I do think previously there has been some very lax moderating in terms of certain phrases and words. Not helped largely by certain staff members being amongst the worst offenders and a style of posting that isn’t really conducive to moderation. That being said I think I speak for all of us when I say claiming anybody on here is mentally incapacitated is not really on and should be actively discouraged in the strongest terms. 

We are supposed to be a community, and whilst most of us have never met, or perhaps never will, it’s been stated so many times that the impact that having this sort of place for advice and support can have. Nobody really knows about a persons mental state or health without them opening up and i think the choice of language on here going forward has to reflect the inclusivity we want to promote and the genuine care I think the vast majority have for real life well being of each other.

On the issue of Brian’s topic, my own view was also that it was unnecessary to have individual topics for him, particularly considering how merge friendly we are generally on pretty much everything else. I also think certain members of the moderation team can be far too abrupt and confrontational, and whilst we shouldn’t make this out to be something it’s not - I think it’s worth reflecting on how situations are dealt with, whether you can take a step back before prolonging the dispute and ultimately allow the brilliant community this place is, both with football discussion and more importantly off topic, to thrive.  

Needless to say, if you don't want to read about Brian's life, don't read it. This community is big and active enough to view plenty of content of interest to you. I very rarely go in to 'news and debates' for example.

To emphasise a point made by most people in here, claiming or hinting that anybody on here is mentally incapacitated is not acceptable. There have been plenty of members who have been open about relatives directly affected by this who will not enjoy reading it. For the record, both members and staff have been called out about this behaviour in private previously.

In addition, another matter we are reviewing is bullying. When it's the same people prodding the same member for a response over and over and over and over and over again when it's obvious that member doesn't like them we have to make a decision how long we can let it go on for. We are a group of lads (and now a lady) running a football forum that we want everybody to enjoy. We don't want this to be difficult. If we feel that people are intentionally trying to ruin the enjoyment of others to the point where it becomes bullying then we will have to take action.

• The topic was locked

Archived