talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Sci-Fi Thread..

football forum

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Mel81x said:

We're not real Pirates are we till we start drinking some Rum I suppose. So you're safe @nudge. Where we off to first, lets get the adventure started. I am half convinced we're playing some weird form of Dungeons and Dragons here haha.

I suggest we go to Mos Eisley. 

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Found a nice little text-based adventure game of interstellar exploration and settlement called Seedship and created by sci-fi writer John Ayliff . The player takes control of the Seedship AI, an interstellar vessel designed to find a new home for humanity. Apart from scanning planets to determine their suitability, the AI must make constant choices to ensure the survival of the human race - some of those choices not so easy. Would you rather continue traveling through the cosmos hopefully finding a suitable planet before random events happen and damages your ship? Or will you settle on this not so ideal planet with no atmosphere, extreme gravity, extreme temperatures and no water whatsoever? There are always tradeoffs: a world with breathable air and charming wildlife may guarantee comfort, but without resources will end in a genteel return to the stone age. A barren world rich in minerals and alien ruins means advancing human technology and culture, but at the cost of being enslaved to whoever owns the water generation plants.

Some of you might also enjoy it!

https://philome.la/johnayliff/seedship/play

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Has anyone seen MARS, a series by the National Geographic Channel? It tells the story of the settlement of Mars from the vantage point of a fictional mission to Mars in 2033 and combines scripted drama paired with documentary sequences featuring actual scientists and innovators who are leading the research and development of space technology that will make such future mission to settle Mars possible. It's already in Season 2; I only started watching it yesterday after being somewhat reluctant due to the docu-drama aspect. Surprisingly enjoyed the pilot episode; it's visually stunning and quite educational and informative.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CaaC - John said:

I don't think I have, that was produced in 2016 E4-1 S1 and 2018 E4-2 S2 (checked on Wikipedia), I might have a wee lookout for it on Netflix.

Yeah give it a go if you get a chance; it's good as it's not too technical but still explores the future mission to Mars from various standpoints and has an actual fictional storyline + the bits of interviews with experts in the field... I'm enjoying it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

That's wee Kaiden staying with us for a couple of nights and he is off school with a bug and coughing and what not and as he is a Star Wars nutter I nipped up the shop and managed to get him a couple of Star War figures for his collection of Star Wars figures and toys, that made his day and seeing the big smile on his face brightened him up, the figures are of Ahsoka Tano & Anakin Skywalker.

53864681_10157124694062855_5483901968239820800_n.thumb.jpg.e92e26bb766cc9d70ba27aaf2db91c6a.jpg 53548611_10157124692402855_5786152234337173504_n.thumb.jpg.66839022805c77c2c024d6f7ff478e75.jpg

• Like 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

That's wee Kaiden staying with us for a couple of nights and he is off school with a bug and coughing and what not and as he is a Star Wars nutter I nipped up the shop and managed to get him a couple of Star War figures for his collection of Star Wars figures and toys, that made his day and seeing the big smile on his face brightened him up, the figures are of Ahsoka Tano & Anakin Skywalker.

53864681_10157124694062855_5483901968239820800_n.thumb.jpg.e92e26bb766cc9d70ba27aaf2db91c6a.jpg 53548611_10157124692402855_5786152234337173504_n.thumb.jpg.66839022805c77c2c024d6f7ff478e75.jpg

Ah those are the Disney Infinity 3.0 action figures from The Clone Wars animated series?... Nice!

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ah those are the Disney Infinity 3.0 action figures from The Clone Wars animated series?... Nice!

I got him going now and he pointed out on the back of the box what he wanted next, not one but the lot!!  xD

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqZx6UbjaOwn00OB5rLNB

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.ac95555e58516c2f9da6944aa4f51cde.png

Henry Cavill Talks About How They Made The Look Of Geralt In ‘The Witcher’

POSTED AUGUST 1ST, 2019 BY STUART CONOVER

Cavill-Witcher.jpg.webp

Fans of The Witcher‘ have a very specific idea of what Geralt should look like in the series and Henry Cavill (‘Man of Steel’) has shared how they ensured the look would be just right. While many fans of the series are coming from the video games, we know that showrunner Lauren S Hissrich plans on staying true to its roots and follow the novels by Andrzej Sapkowski.

We have the description in the book, and Lauren [S. Hissrich, The Witcher’s showrunner,] and I went through many conversations via email and phone before we even met for the third time, because we had the first meeting, then an audition, and then we saw each other on location. We were just it was all about eyes and hair, and the hair took a long time — we had to get the wig right — which took some amazing work by Jackie, who […] does my hair work.

It was tricky. We had to get the skin tone right as well, and Alva who does my makeup worked really hard on that and just found that right balance. We went through plenty of tests […], and we finally settled on something which I think we were all really happy with.

Wearing the contacts was one thing, you had to wear them for three hours at a time, and then take them out. So it was… I look really badass, but my eyes hurt a little bit. But it definitely helps you get into character. When you’re wearing all that getup, it’s just a short step to Geralt from there.”

It sounds like the contacts, in particular, might not have been the most comfortable part of getting ready for the role; thankfully, Cavill is no stranger in wearing costumes on set. Hopefully, over time, he’ll get used to them, or they’ll become more comfortable as Netflix is rumoured to have already given the series the green light to develop multiple seasons.

You can hear what Cavill had to say about becoming Geralt in his own words right here:

https://sciencefiction.com/2019/08/01/henry-cavill-talks-about-how-they-made-the-look-of-geralt-in-the-witcher/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Lol, saw that in the LADbible (twitter) and was going to post it somewhere in here but wasn't sure where to post it but as @nudge said so cute, watching all the Darth Vader and others stop and walk past her without a cuddle or whatnot but  Princess Leia & Chewbacca stop and give her a cuddle, I bet that made her day :x

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Lol, saw that in the LADbible (twitter) and was going to post it somewhere in here but wasn't sure where to post it but as @nudge said so cute, watching all the Darth Vader and others stop and walk past her without a cuddle or whatnot but  Princess Leia & Chewbacca stop and give her a cuddle, I bet that made her day :x

That's Rey, not Princess Leia :cardY: :P 

I'm not normally a big fan of theme parks but I'd love a visit to the Galaxy's Edge...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1