talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Sci-Fi Thread..

football forum

• Subscriber

And they say Sci-Fi is boring (after reading the last few posts)

Started watching Snowpiercer and I truly can't tell if I like it or not. Jennifer C as a villain/antagonist is interesting I will say that.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Just reminded me that the new episode is out now.. 

Almost finished with Episode 8 now... must say the little tailie revolution as well as the coup d'etat by the first is very cute, but who do they think will actually run the train once they get rid of Melanie & other engineers? :4_joy:

7 hours ago, nudge said:

Almost finished with Episode 8 now... must say the little tailie revolution as well as the coup d'etat by the first is very cute, but who do they think will actually run the train once they get rid of Melanie & other engineers? :4_joy:

Yea a right bloodbath... Like you I was wondering how they think they are going to be running that train after it's all over, As usual the rich thinking they can muscle in on control of something.. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea a right bloodbath... Like you I was wondering how they think they are going to be running that train after it's all over, As usual the rich thinking they can muscle in on control of something.. 

Yeah, the tailies I can at least sympathise with, as they are desperate people living in deplorable conditions, so their thirst for change is understandable, even if it's not well thought out and doesn't appear to have an actual solution, and regardless if their means to achieve it are justifiable or not. But the rich living as kings in the first class with their exotic pets and spas and bowling alleys are just shooting themselves in the foot... keeping the status quo would appear to be preferable to them and their interests should lie in protecting it, but the old good power struggle always comes into play, doesn't it... Greedy bastards.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Anyone seen the Umbrella Academy.. ?

Series on Netflix I stumbled on... 2 seasons so far and found it pretty good to be honest.. from the Dark Horse comic series by Gerard Way & Gabriel Ba

See the source image

Sounds a bit like Doom Patrol! A group of estranged outsiders with superpowers, brought together a mad genius father figure :35_thinking:

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Sounds a bit like Doom Patrol! A group of estranged outsiders with superpowers, brought together a mad genius father figure :35_thinking:

I suppose it is... never thought about that aspect of it. It is very entertaining and highly amusing in places.. moves at a decent pace and has a female villainess who I actually like for a change.. 

See the source image

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I suppose it is... never thought about that aspect of it. It is very entertaining and highly amusing in places.. moves at a decent pace and has a female villainess who I actually like for a change.. 

See the source image

snowpiercer_copy_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

They look interesting... Just googled them, quite a few out there

Yeah, I started reading it just a few days ago, some nice selection of stories in each issue and I like that they print contemporary science fiction from authors of various nationalities, especially East Asian writers, as there's a huge new wave of scifi currently in China, Korea and the likes...

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, I started reading it just a few days ago, some nice selection of stories in each issue and I like that they print contemporary science fiction from authors of various nationalities, especially East Asian writers, as there's a huge new wave of scifi currently in China, Korea and the likes...

They have a load on E-Bay... might order a couple 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ron Cobb has passed away... Known for concept art for movies like Alien, Back to the Future, Star Wars, Dune, Conan the Barbarian, Raiders of the Lost Ark and many many more...

A-101d-on-Unused_Design_Ornithopter_Jodo

A-142-on-Goat-starwars.jpg

B-141-on-Aquatic_Air_Breather-starwars.j

C-143-on-Ampulatory_Plant-starwars.jpg

A-161-on-Early_Design_Alien_Planet-alien

BA154-on-Early_Alien_Ship_Color-alien.jp

FA-158-on-Early_Nostromo_Control_Bridge_

AC-363-on-The_Enigma_Of_Steel-conan.jpg

GA-387-on-Brought_Before_The_King-conan.

251-on-Delorian_Rear_Left-bttf.jpg

L-212-on-Acheron_Colony-alienS.jpg

R.I.P... 

Also note that his involvement in the Alien films was that he was credited with coming up with the Alien having acid for blood... such a shame

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

A nondescript city neighbourhood has a secret in one of its apartment blocks – an alien-infested spaceship. Barcelona-based sci-fi fan Luis Nostromo loves the Alien films so much - he has built his own museum. Nostromo - real surname Escribano but renamed after the film's spaceship - saw the original Ridley Scott film when he was young, and a life-long passion developed. The 43-year-old has now almost completed his painstakingly detailed homage to the series of films. Luis, a driver by occupation, says everything in the 55-square-metre space, located in his neighbourhood, is handmade and has been created using wood, metal grating, plastic, PVC, and other recycled materials. He explains: "I saw Alien when I was nine years old; I was so scared but fascinated by the creature. Then I saw Aliens and then became obsessed by the franchise, and started to collect some alien toys, books etc. "I've been collecting Alien for more than 20 years, but just over three years ago I ran out of space at home and I decided to move everything to another space next to my house. It's a space of 65 m² and I decided go a step farther and decorate the place by recreating parts of the life-size sets: I built a corridor section of the Nostromo, part of Ash's laboratory, part of the auxiliary ship Narcissus. There is also a hallway of the Hadley's Hope complex where Ripley and the Marines found Newt in Aliens, and there is finally another set for Alien³ and the rest of the films. “There are replicas of props such as weapons, detectors etc. also some original props used in the movies, life-size statues. In the last years, the collection grew faster and I have some original screen-used pieces from the movies; like the chest armour of the marine Frost in Aliens or other Prometheus or Covenant stuff. “I have been recreating the sets for more than three years and I hope to finish the last details during 2020. The plan is to allow concerted visits once finished.”

a stove top oven sitting inside of a car

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 3