talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Sci-Fi Thread..

football forum

• Subscriber

If he has one of those emergency revolving lights when the power trips that would scare me to shits. Add a roaming Xenomorph replica that just pops out when that happens and you've got the recipe for heart-attacks right there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

An interesting coincidence:

Today, NASA announced that they found water in Clavius Crater, making it a great place for a potential future moonbase. In 2001: A Space Odyssey, Clavius crater is also the place where the moonbase was built, and then they discovered the Monolith in the nearby Tycho crater :D 

46afa7f5136258f180a67239047b543a.jpg

f5c5960bf9862fde2c7ba3aa96752aa1.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 03/08/2020 at 21:07, Bluewolf said:

Anyone seen the Umbrella Academy.. ?

Series on Netflix I stumbled on... 2 seasons so far and found it pretty good to be honest.. from the Dark Horse comic series by Gerard Way & Gabriel Ba

I'm halfway through Season 2. Very entertaining series. They also use great pop songs in almost every episode. 

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 22/10/2021 at 15:48, nudge said:

NASA released a cool video called "Visions of the Future" ... and some retro style planetary travel posters. Good stuff.

That video with the music gave me goose bumps, brilliant, some of the clips were stunning  :x  😍

9ad9a20c-c5bf-44ca-850d-6627a4b88c17.png

download.png

download (1).png

download (2).png

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Jean-Claude Mézières, a reknowned French comics artist and illustrator, has passed away today :( Most famous for his Valérian artwork and ongoing contributions to Métal Hurlant (the original Heavy Metal), his artwork also inspired a lot of sci-fi movies - most notably the Star Wars franchise.

Some of the influences in Star Wars looks like a straight out rip off of his earlier work:

0jeanclaudemezieres-005.jpg

Also, his concept art for the Fifth Element:

9nqeN8k.jpeg

HATyRdf.jpeg

AKi9rRj.jpeg

VPqnyi3.jpeg

zVpLZZs.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, nudge said:

These look amazing... Who's the artist?

Not sure, could be a mix of artists I think, just came up on Pintrest, I will be putting some more up at some point.. I will give the link next time :D

Some great stuff out there... B|

• Like 1

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, nudge said:

These look amazing... Who's the artist?

37 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Not sure, could be a mix of artists I think, just came up on Pintrest, I will be putting some more up at some point.. I will give the link next time :D

Some great stuff out there... B|

BLENDER ARTISTS

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

News on the grapevine about a couple of up and coming projects in film.. 

News that Kurt Russell will be returning for the role of Snake Pliskin in another Escape from New York movie 

Exclusive: Kurt Russell Returning For Escape From New York Sequel From Scream Directors

Also another Alien film is apparently in the pipeline... 

Earlier this month, news broke that Noah Hawley’s upcoming FX series based on Ridley Scott’s sci-fi classic, with Scott serving as an executive producer, would begin filming in 2023. Now, it appears that Scott still thinks there are still more “Alien” stories to tell, as he has signed on to produce a new film written and directed by Fede Álvarez.

While plot details are being kept under wraps, the film will be based on an original pitch from Álvarez, who is best known for directing the 2016 horror flick “Don’t Breathe.” Many cinephiles view “Alien” as the quintessential science-fiction horror movie, but recent films in the franchise such as “Prometheus” and “Alien: Covenant” (both directed by Scott) have leaned decidedly towards the sci-fi side. With the horror-loving Álvarez’s involvement, it is probably a safe bet to assume that will balance out. 

According to sources in The Hollywood Reporter, “Álvarez is a rabid fan of the franchise and casually pitched a take to Scott many years ago. The idea remained implanted in Scott’s brain until late last year when he called Alvarez out of the blue and asked him if the younger filmmaker was still up for it.”

The film will stream on Disney-owned Hulu, with no theatrical plans in the cards just yet, but (also Disney-owned) 20th Century Studios says that is a feature, not a bug. 20th Century President Steve Asbell said Álvarez’s pitch “was just a really good story with a bunch of characters you haven’t seen before.” He said that the decision to release the film on Hulu is an artistic one, intended to allow Álvarez to realize his vision without box office pressure.

“It’s not a film that has to be all things to all people with those gargantuan budgets,” Asbell said of the film. “They get to be authentically what they are. And this is closer to its genre roots.”

• Upvote 1