talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Sci-Fi Thread..

football forum

22 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Did you watch Star Trek Discovery? I think you might actually like that.

Agreed, I only partially got into the revamped Star Trek and I really didn't follow any of the spin offs as it seemed too many to be keeping up with but watched the Season of Star Trek Discovery and enjoyed it.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

How do you like it so far?

Excellent... After watching the first episode I realised that I had seen it before and it looked very interesting back then but for some inexplicable reason It dropped right off my radar... Thanks to you though it's back to the front of the queue.. :D

Quality viewing it has to be said... 

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Talking about StarTrek as I said I love The Next Generation but have also watched the series of Deep Space Nine & Voyager but the Enterprise series I just could not get into that one for some reason and stopped watching it after a while but after you lot talking about the Discovery series which I have not seen yet I might give that a try, the Star Trek series in order for me would be... 

1. Star Trek - The Next Generation
  2. Voyager
  3. Deep Space Nine

You never know, after watching Discovery it might knock The Next Generation off of my perch but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I don't know, I kind of want to see the Galactic Empire... :P 

Better hope they get a hoof on with immortality then... Although if we die and are then reborn into the next generation then maybe you will... However, if that's true you are highly unlikely to remember this life other than through strange flashbacks and of course this very conversation... 

23 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Talking about StarTrek as I said I love The Next Generation but have also watched the series of Deep Space Nine & Voyager but the Enterprise series I just could not get into that one for some reason and stopped watching it after a while but after you lot talking about the Discovery series which I have not seen yet I might give that a try, the Star Trek series in order for me would be... 

1. Star Trek - The Next Generation
  2. Voyager
  3. Deep Space Nine

You never know, after watching Discovery it might knock The Next Generation off of my perch but I doubt it.

The Next Generation was ok but I was never an avid follower.. Never seen Voyager or Deep Space Nine other than through adverts for it... 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Better hope they get a hoof on with immortality then... Although if we die and are then reborn into the next generation then maybe you will... However, if that's true you are highly unlikely to remember this life other than through strange flashbacks and of course this very conversation... 

Hmmm I'd prefer getting my consciousness uploaded into a new body B|

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Glad I won't be around to see that lot.... 

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Looking at this I might have been reincarnated then as ET far, far away from Earths disaster.

timeline-of-the-far-future.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Interesting.... Let's just say the technology/advancements were in fact available, would you opt for a clone of yourself as you are now? Would you go for some robotic upgrades to improve your speed, strength and thinking skills or would you go totally the other way and give the male body option a whirl??? 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Interesting.... Let's just say the technology/advancements were in fact available, would you opt for a clone of yourself as you are now? Would you go for some robotic upgrades to improve your speed, strength and thinking skills or would you go totally the other way and give the male body option a whirl??? 

No, I'd just make regular backups of my mind that would serve as system restore points and would only be used after my original body (and brain) dies. Original unaltered data, no edits, no upgrades. I'd like to keep the copy as close to the original as possible and avoid cognitive dissonance... 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

No, I'd just make regular backups of my mind that would serve as system restore points and would only be used after my original body (and brain) dies. Original unaltered data, no edits, no upgrades. I'd like to keep the copy as close to the original as possible and avoid cognitive dissonance... 

Dipping a toe in the Psychology field now... You are talking about just saving the hard data in the event or should I say inevitable demise of the body but you would still need to transfer all this once the body had ceased to be.. unless you just plan to be carried around in Hard Drive for all eternity... 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Dipping a toe in the Psychology field now... You are talking about just saving the hard data in the event or should I say inevitable demise of the body but you would still need to transfer all this once the body had ceased to be.. unless you just plan to be carried around in Hard Drive for all eternity... 

No of course, and the body should be as close to the original one as possible as well, with all its imperfections and all little details. Even if cognitive dissonance wasn't an issue, I'm not particularly interested in overcoming the limitations of a human body so don't care about physical or intellectual upgrades at all... Considering it's already a copy, I'd rather keep it as "real" as possible. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just to add, I studied Psychology and Cognitive Science and my final research was on identity haha... 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just to add, I studied Psychology and Cognitive Science and my final research was on identity haha... 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I should imagine an evening with you would be a very interesting one indeed... 

It would be like having a date with Marie Curie aka Nudge. :D

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

7x2y3ezmqz221.jpg

Better and more in-depth look at the Fermi Paradox:

Thoughts? What is the probability that extraterrestrial life exists, whether in primitive or intelligent or completely unknown forms, in your opinion? Are we alone in an otherwise empty, lifeless universe? Or haven't we just found it yet? 

• Upvote 1