talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Music Highlights of 2018

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be well on top of the music industry in my youth but these days I couldn't tell you what has been released and by whom.. I couldn't even tell you what occupies the number 1 slot in the charts... I do love my music, just don't seem to have much time to sit and listen to stuff these days.. sad times

• Administrator

Discovering two bands, Witterquick and Slaves were probably the highlight of my 2018. Sometimes I'd get a bit bored of bands after the initial buzz of something new, but not with these two. Very different kind of music but equally good enough for me.

Hip-hop: Daytona by Pusha T is a very special album. No one came close to him this year. Childish Gambino blowing up and the rise of Joyner Lucas are a breath of fresh air and something to look forward to next year.

Rock: For Out Of Five probably the tune of the year in the genre but no big album releases IMO. I've enjoyed the comeback of 90's bands like Alice in Chains and Smashing Pumpkins with some decent stuff to show the world. Jack White's album was good too. It depends on your taste really. The Struts have become somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine this year but I still cringe at some of their stuff.

I'll do a top 3.

3. Slugdge - Esoteric Malocology

Slugdge-Esoteric-Malacology.jpg?zoom=1.5

Some quality riffage in this album.

2. Satan - Cruel Magic

satan-cruel-magic-cover.jpg?zoom=1.5625&

I actually hate the vocalist of Satan, so for this to be my #2 album of 2018 says something about it. 

1. Judas Priest - Firepower

Judas-Priest-Firepower.jpg?resize=600%2C

I wasn't expecting this album to be as good as it is. I thought the last Judas Priest album before this one was pretty decent... but this one is very good. It's their best album since 1991's Painkiller - so it's their best album in a very long time. Great band & still going strong from the 70s to now.

• Subscriber
On 12/12/2018 at 01:06, Dr. Gonzo said:

1. Judas Priest - Firepower

Judas-Priest-Firepower.jpg?resize=600%2C

I wasn't expecting this album to be as good as it is. I thought the last Judas Priest album before this one was pretty decent... but this one is very good. It's their best album since 1991's Painkiller - so it's their best album in a very long time. Great band & still going strong from the 70s to now.

Firepower is criminally underrated. I think its great.

Archived