talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Four Chelsea Supporters Suspended Following Raheem Sterling Incident

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Looking at the video, it seems like it was 2 or 3 old bastards losing their heads at Sterling. One of them seemingly screaming "you fucking black cunt" towards Sterling.

Difficult to determine whether there was anything racist said in that clip that’s doing the rounds. I don’t imagine any of the other shouty men will be forthcoming in admitting what, if anything, they heard. I also don’t think Raheem Sterling has heard anything. He’s not reacted to what the middle aged men are screaming at him. 

Seen some online questioning whether shouty old man has said “black” or “manc”. 

But whatever has been said, the blokes deserve their season tickets ripped up. Screaming abuse at a bloke for no other reason than who he kicks a football around is pathetic. 

• Subscriber

Raheem Sterling: Manchester City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football

5 minutes ago|Man City

Newspapers are helping to "fuel racism" by the ways in which they portray young black footballers, says Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling.

It comes after Sterling, 24, faced alleged racist abuse from Chelsea fans during City's 2-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Chelsea and the Metropolitan Police are investigating the allegations after social media users posted a video of the incident.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46498849

• Administrator
6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

What actually happened yesterday? Or is it just the media getting trigger happy? You see every Tom, Dick and Harry getting screamed in week in/out at throw ins etc. Was it actual racist abuse that’s been confirmed? 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bloke in blue look to either of said black cunt or Manc cunt. 

To me he clearly says 'fucking black cunt'. 

Saying Manc cunt wouldn't even make sense considering he's not even from Manchester either xD 

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

What actually happened yesterday? Or is it just the media getting trigger happy? You see every Tom, Dick and Harry getting screamed in week in/out at throw ins etc. Was it actual racist abuse that’s been confirmed? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Saying Manc cunt wouldn't even make sense considering he's not even from Manchester either xD 

Just seemed like a typical load of abuse from the crowd as happens in matches but this one bloke in particular does seem to mouth what Stan has already mentioned.. I would like to think it's 'Manc Cunt' he is saying but does not look like it from what I can see... don't think you need to be a lip reader to work it out either.. Sterling hesitates for just a second then decides to let it go and walks off rather than stirring up more trouble.. Such a bunch of wankers.. old school, old mentality.. sooner the game is rid of these idiots the better.. 

Strange thing about it if he did say that though because there is a Black man about 4 down in that group who does and says nothing, no reaction, nothing so he was part of that crowd as well.. Really sad when you feel that's it's ok to be Black and listen to that going on just because you want to fit in or be part of the gang.. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

There was a black bloke right next to him though and no reaction. 

Looks to me like he clearly says ‘black’.

Raheem is spot on with his Instagram post, good to see Henry Winter acknowledging it and it gaining lots of attention. There’s still deep rooted racism in the UKand it’s fuelled by the sun and daily mail, which are the most popular newspapers in the county. There’s a thread on twitter which shows all the times the media have picked out sterling for no apparent reason.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's no surprise there's no reaction if there was a racial comment.

Huh? Surely there would be a reaction?

If a black man shouted "you fucking white bastard" whilst sat next to me, I'd feed him his own face. 

Maybe I'm in the minority here but to me that kind of abuse is unacceptable. 

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Are you really trying to defend this?

Defend it? Of course not, I think racial abuse is the lowest of the low. 

Proof is what I'm after though. You can't just go around throwing accusations around without being 100% mate. 

If Sterling didn’t hear it, does it matter as much? I feel like the Poms take it to far, he shouldn’t be arrested but there should be a fine. From what I hear the English judicial system can be quite severe.

Racism is often subtle and is being  claimed far too often by too many people. Which blurs the definition and makes cases harder to pinpoint. Regardless of he is racist or not, the damage to his reputation is permanent. 

24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

If a black man shouted "you fucking white bastard" whilst sat next to me, I'd feed him his own face. 

Nobody is saying it's acceptable no matter the reaction.  Not everyone is aggressive at the moment of encountering racist idiots.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

If Sterling didn’t hear it, does it matter as much? I feel like the Poms take it to far, he shouldn’t be arrested but there should be a fine. From what I hear the English judicial system can be quite severe.

Racism is often subtle and is being  claimed far too often by too many people. Which blurs the definition and makes cases harder to pinpoint. Regardless of he is racist or not, the damage to his reputation is permanent. 

Lol

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

There was a black bloke right next to him though and no reaction. 

So? Does that mean the words weren't said? 

33 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not everyone would react with violence though. 

Obviously the abuse is unacceptable. But when someone implies 'a black person doesn't react to it, so there's no way he said 'you fucking black cunt', that's so far off the mark and part of the problem. 

Someone not reacting to it does not equal the event not happening.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

So? Does that mean the words weren't said? 

Not everyone would react with violence though. 

Obviously the abuse is unacceptable. But when someone implies 'a black person doesn't react to it, so there's no way he said 'you fucking black cunt', that's so far off the mark and part of the problem. 

Someone not reacting to it does not equal the event not happening.

Just like people on a forum reacting to it does not equal the event actually happening. 

Is there any proof other than what people think he said?

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What did Sterling say about it? 

Well obviously he'll ignore it cos he probably gets it every week. He's used to that kind of shite.

• The title was changed to Four Chelsea Supporters Suspended Following Raheem Sterling Incident

Archived