talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Four Chelsea Supporters Suspended Following Raheem Sterling Incident

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Just like people on a forum reacting to it does not equal the event actually happening. 

Is there any proof other than what people think he said?

No, but it's clear one of two things were said 'Fucking Manc cunt' or 'Fucking black cunt' as the video shows. Have you seen the video?

Obviously it's all speculation at the moment but as I said before, to me it's clear he says the latter. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

Well obviously he'll ignore it cos he probably gets it every week. He's used to that kind of shite.

What a load of bollocks.

Talk about stuck in the 80's. It's not even worth discussing if people like you are going to generalise with this sort if shit. 

There were a load of people shouting so I don't think it's that unlikely that the black man in the crowd simply didn't hear what was said. Only through lip reading is the fan being done. Either way, the man doesn't look like he has long left and banning him from games will probably mean he gets less worked up. It'd be doing him a favour.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What a load of bollocks.

Talk about stuck in the 80's. It's not even worth discussing if people like you are going to generalise with this sort if shit. 

Eh?

Are you saying because Sterling didn't react to it, it didn't happen?

I know you want proof, and I've said about the video which is the only thing we can go on right now, and there's two options of what's been said. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well obviously he'll ignore it cos he probably gets it every week. He's used to that kind of shite.

I wonder what else is said to players? I could imagine a plethora of vulgarities ranging from jingoism to classism to religion to sexuality.

really, I’d like to see the reaction and juxtaposition of someone throwing a potato at an Irish player. :ph34r:

Anyway they are all designed to cause offence but it’s funny that culturally we take offence to certain things more than others. I wonder how we evolved to assign the most offensive value to racial insults.

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

I wonder what else is said to players? I could imagine a plethora of vulgarities ranging from jingoism to classism to religion to sexuality.

really, I’d like to see the reaction and juxtaposition of someone throwing a potato at an Irish player. :ph34r:

Anyway they are all designed to cause offence but it’s funny that culturally we take offence to certain things more than others. I wonder how we evolved to assign the most offensive value to racial insults.

Of course, there's all kinds of crap said to players from the stands. There's boundaries though and some comments/chants cross these. 

But if it becomes racial and/or homophobic, surely they're two of the worst kind of offence that could be taken?

8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

There were a load of people shouting so I don't think it's that unlikely that the black man in the crowd simply didn't hear what was said. Only through lip reading is the fan being done. Either way, the man doesn't look like he has long left and banning him from games will probably mean he gets less worked up. It'd be doing him a favour.

He may also be outnumbered and decided it was better for him not to say anything. This is what the enquiry is for to decide whst happened. 

‘Me Souf FC team iz betta than Norf FC. Up da blues, garn you blue boys. And fuck da blues, buncha norf fairies like. I’d get me staffy onto them norf fairies. 

PS fuck blackies and the pakis. Engerland is for the souf. Fackin norfies, but I love me wife. Simple as ’

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What did Sterling say about it? 

One of his quotes:

"Regarding what was said at the Chelsea game, as you can see by my reaction I just had to laugh because I don’t expect no better."

@LFCMadLad that's what I was alluding to when I said about him probably getting it every week (an exaggeration, admittedly). But that last bit is quite telling. 'expect no better'. That says, to me, that he's used to it because it's not the first time this has happened. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Of course, there's all kinds of crap said to players from the stands. There's boundaries though and some comments/chants cross these. 

But if it becomes racial and/or homophobic, surely they're two of the worst kind of offence that could be taken?

You’re right of course but I’m more musing what contributes to society assigning those as the most dreadful. It’s just a curious thought that racial and sexual insults are so ubiquitous amongst many cultures

1 minute ago, Stan said:

One of his quotes:

"Regarding what was said at the Chelsea game, as you can see by my reaction I just had to laugh because I don’t expect no better."

@LFCMadLad that's what I was alluding to when I said about him probably getting it every week (an exaggeration, admittedly). But that last bit is quite telling. 'expect no better'. That says, to me, that he's used to it because it's not the first time this has happened. 

I wonder how many are sincere rascists versus knuckle dragging troglodytes that go for the low hanging fruit insult to cause the most offence. Seems like the types that would say ‘I hate muslims, except for you,Yusef cuz yur me mate,

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wonder how many are sincere rascists versus knuckle dragging troglodytes that go for the low hanging fruit insult to cause the most offence. Seems like the types that would say ‘I hate muslims, except for you,Yusef cuz yur me mate,

'sincere racists' xD

A racist is a racist in my opinion. I do love it when someone comes out with the excuse though of 'my mate's black/Indian/Pakistani etc' which they think immediately erases any kind of offensive comments xD 

Just now, Stan said:

'sincere racists' xD

A racist is a racist in my opinion. I do love it when someone comes out with the excuse though of 'my mate's black/Indian/Pakistani etc' which they think immediately erases any kind of offensive comments xD 

Well you know mate, the ones that say something for shock and those that sincerely hate all of race X/Y.

maybe it’s just me but I consider ‘racist’ someone that hates everyone of a certain race without exception. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

'sincere racists' xD

See this is what I mean. Why direct everything towards the white man throwing insults like we are the only ones that are racist?

I've heard plenty of people with darker coloured skin calling us white bastards or milkies. 

It isn't all one way this racism shit you know!

Like in my life I went to a largely Aboriginal school and got hurled with quite a bit of racial insults. I don’t think the kids were racist but just trying to get under my skin. I forgive them for it, because I know they had a chip on their shoulder and were maybe a product of their parents hatred. At the time it was rough but you have to move on 

@Stan

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

See this is what I mean. Why direct everything towards the white man throwing insults like we are the only ones that are racist?

I've heard plenty of people with darker coloured skin calling us white bastards or milkies. 

It isn't all one way this racism shit you know!

Come on mate, you know that's not what I'm implying there with that post. I know 100% that racism works both ways.

But genuinely, when was the last time you heard an insult towards a white player at a football match...?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Come on mate, you know that's not what I'm implying there with that post. I know 100% that racism works both ways.

But genuinely, when was the last time you heard an insult towards a white player at a football match...?

I imagine it’d happen more if the white player was a minority. Might happen on China but it’s not like they understand mandarin.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

When was the last time you heard of a white Englishmen blow up a nightclub?

Let's not go there Stan because we could be here all night. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

When was the last time you heard of a white Englishmen blow up a nightclub?

Let's not go there Stan because we could be here all night. 

You just went there anyway xD.

But no, I won't get in to that discussion regardless. It bores the fuck out of me.

Just now, Stan said:

You just went there anyway xD.

But no, I won't get in to that discussion regardless. It bores the fuck out of me.

Funny that! We can discuss racist comments at a football match but blowing the fuck out of innocent people bores you? 

Ok, let's leave it there. 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Funny that! We can discuss racist comments at a football match but blowing the fuck out of innocent people bores you? 

Ok, let's leave it there. 

You're the one that said let's not go there. I can name some white terrorists if you really fancy it.

And to be honest, I'd rather not discuss anything to do with race because I'd rather neither event - that at a football ground or a nightclub (or wherever else terrorist attacks happen)- happens in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

You're the one that said let's not go there. I can name some white terrorists if you really fancy it.

And to be honest, I'd rather not discuss anything to do with race because I'd rather neither event - that at a football ground or a nightclub (or wherever else terrorist attacks happen)- happens in the first place.

Couldn't agree more!

Hale to the blacks and hale to the whites I say mate :bye:

• The title was changed to Four Chelsea Supporters Suspended Following Raheem Sterling Incident

Archived