talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Four Chelsea Supporters Suspended Following Raheem Sterling Incident

43 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Just think it’s all a bit pointless really. Football is pointless, let’s be honest. It’s just some blokes kicking a bag of air around. Don’t get me wrong, I love it and would watch it every day but it is utterly pointless and nowhere near as serious as some people take it. Nobody dies, it doesn’t have a massive effect on life or the important things in life.

Abusing a man for daring to have the propensity to kick a football around for another team is mental. It’s even more crazy that in 2018, we still have people out there who abuse people for having a different skin tone to them, especially in one of the most multicultural cities in the UK and at a venue where a black player is lauded as a hero for delivering a moment that will go down in history in that clubs shirt.

Always find it strange when you watch a big game in the Premier League and you see a player going over to the touchline for a throw or corner and you see men in their 40’s or 50’s gesticulating and absolutely losing it. These blokes must have jobs, they must have families and mates, do they think they’ll not be noticed? Do they not have any self respect? I’d be so embarrassed if I were seen doing that. I also wouldn’t want to be associated with someone who acts like that because somebody plays football for a team that isn’t the one they support. 

A motrovehicle's exhaust pipe let's out all of the deadly combustion energy that's been built up within the engine's chamber... It lets it out for all of the earth's living  creatures to absorb.

Those deadly fumes exist, they're genuinely created within the motrovehicle's engine and we know they are deadly, we know it's not good to breath them in.

But nature wasn't really built in that way originally was it!

Nature managed to manufacture a way for one's deadly potion to be another's lifesaving existence a lifeline of necessity to live and pro-create. Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide.  It's mathematical and it's uniquely created by a system that exists solely for us to all exist in unison while helping one another.

Where does the link break from the most basic fundamentals where it all began?

Indeed I may have gone ott on this by citing the principle vital mechanics of life form on earth... But where does it all go pear shaped?  Where does the process turn and from where does the irrational evil suffocating gas in the shape of the bastardisation of a language become expelled from someone's gob?

Don't give me escapism, don't give me tribalism and don't give me any excuse other than total an example of utter conditioning  and propagation from most of what surrounds it.

There is no banter, no (I repeat) tribalist innate automatism to blame!

Those what do that are the victims of what has surrounded them all of their lives from family, friends and national media... They are the exhaust pipes of their culture.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Just think it’s all a bit pointless really. Football is pointless, let’s be honest. It’s just some blokes kicking a bag of air around. Don’t get me wrong, I love it and would watch it every day but it is utterly pointless and nowhere near as serious as some people take it. Nobody dies, it doesn’t have a massive effect on life or the important things in life.

Abusing a man for daring to have the propensity to kick a football around for another team is mental. It’s even more crazy that in 2018, we still have people out there who abuse people for having a different skin tone to them, especially in one of the most multicultural cities in the UK and at a venue where a black player is lauded as a hero for delivering a moment that will go down in history in that clubs shirt.

Always find it strange when you watch a big game in the Premier League and you see a player going over to the touchline for a throw or corner and you see men in their 40’s or 50’s gesticulating and absolutely losing it. These blokes must have jobs, they must have families and mates, do they think they’ll not be noticed? Do they not have any self respect? I’d be so embarrassed if I were seen doing that. I also wouldn’t want to be associated with someone who acts like that because somebody plays football for a team that isn’t the one they support. 

This is a great post and gets straight to the point. I'm all for giving the opposition a bit of stick and making the home atmosphere intimidating, but it's frankly embarrassing seeing fully grown men go as far as they do, and this happens at every ground up and down the country all the time, no club is innocent of it.

If it's actually racism then it's a hate crime and it needs to be sorted. However it's almost beside the point. It's just sad the extent to which people feel the need to verbally abuse young men who are doing their jobs on a football pitch. Anyone who thinks it's okay because they're getting paid a lot of money to take it is just as bad as those handing out the abuse too.

Gained a lot of respect for Raheem Sterling in his reaction to this, which is something I never thought I'd say.

I do find it slightly rich that such a wide spectrum of people are rallying behind him when so many of them work for the Sun, or the Mail, or in other papers owned by News UK.

The Sun and the Mail are just the rotten core of the entire British media establishment, which is riddled inside out with privilege and racism. There will never be meaningful progress coming from anyone in any mainstream British news outlet. They're all infected with the same disease, and it's incurable. Even if they're not racists or bigots, they'll be surrounded with mates who are. They'll be culturally conditioned to turn a blind eye when it matters.

The only solution is for the current generation of editors and writers to be pushed out of business and for a new generation of reporters to take their place. 

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I do find it slightly rich that such a wide spectrum of people are rallying behind him when so many of them work for the Sun, or the Mail, or in other papers owned by News UK.

The Sun and the Mail are just the rotten core of the entire British media establishment, which is riddled inside out with privilege and racism. There will never be meaningful progress coming from anyone in any mainstream British news outlet. They're all infected with the same disease, and it's incurable. Even if they're not racists or a bigots, they'll be surrounded with mates who are. They'll be culturally conditioned to turn a blind eye when it matters.

The only solution is for the current generation of editors and writers to be pushed out of business and for a new generation of reporters to take their place. 

Brilliant post!  This is factual with decades of proof that this is the case although we'll find that not only those inflicted with the disease of bigotry can't see the light, but we'll also observe that there'll be a general proportion of the public that won't see this particular detail you've brought up as something that constitutes as a major problem.

There was a mini debate in a very popular late-night Spanish football radio program last night where this is concerned with two members of the British press that speak fluent Spanish participating (John Carlin from The Guardian and of course Graham Hunter Freelance) where they touched upon the point @Inverted has made today and put emphasis on that while associating it to the negative sentiment created over decades and resulting in the mess that is Brexit, with also something I touched upon yesterday on how FC Barcelona and Real Madrid CF sorted out this issue years ago by targeting the ultra hardcore fan base with the help of the policing and local government authorities and subsequently banning those people from football as clubs hold reserve the right of admission for reasons that under law they don't have to disclose so as to not have a loophole on the issue where possible court proceeding could stunt advancement in cases such as these.

Football clubs anywhere are hesitant to take these measures for one simple reason, the atmosphere created on match days tends to be most vociferous and continuous coming from these particular types of fans... This is something that (again taking an example from Spain) Atlético Madrid have been more hesitant over the past two years to follow suit with blanket bans and doing what we see here in England by banning on the spot when a misdemeanour has been brought to attention... Clubs in their hypocrisy don't even act unless there is mass media coverage of the issue which tells us everything.

Every club in the more controlled and observed divisions of European football anywhere KNOW from the policing and local governmental authorities who these people are but yet forgo the option to act accordingly for the reasons stated above. 

• Subscriber

Raheem Sterling: Tyrone Mings pulls out of Talksport appearance over coverage

2 hours ago | Football

Bournemouth's Tyrone Mings has pulled out of an interview with Talksport in protest at its coverage of the alleged racial abuse of Raheem Sterling.

Former Reading striker Dave Kitson told the station that Sterling had incited "jealousy" by exhibiting a luxury lifestyle on his social media.

Kitson added that there was "no excuse whatsoever" for any abuse.

"Like someone or dislike them, there is no 'but' or grey area when it comes to racism," said Mings on Twitter.

"I'm fed up of broadcasting channels who have a huge voice allowing this.

"Silence is deadly for stations and outlets who rely on viewers and listeners."

BBC Sport has contacted Talksport for a response while Mings declined a BBC Sports request for an interview.

Ex-Fulham and West Ham striker Leroy Rosenior, who has written about the racist abuse he received in his playing career,  called Talksport to challenge Kitson's comments on air.

England international Sterling, 24, was allegedly racially abused during Manchester City's 2-0 defeat against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Chelsea and the Metropolitan Police are investigating the allegations.

_104730293_talksportjpg.jpg

Four people have been suspended from attending matches at Stamford Bridge while the investigations continue.

Sterling said he "had to laugh" when he heard the alleged racist remarks during the game because he does not "expect any better".

In an Instagram post, Sterling said newspapers are helping to "fuel racism" by the way in which they portray young footballers of different backgrounds.

Defender Mings told The I in January that he regularly encountered racist abuse online, adding "people think they can get away with things on social media that they wouldn't get away with on the street".

The Professional Footballers' Association has said that some press coverage of Sterling "emboldens racist rhetoric".

Sterling was the victim of a racist attack in December 2017 outside Manchester City's training ground, for which the man responsible was sentenced to 16 weeks in prison after pleading guilty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46520506

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

The Sun and the Mail are just the rotten core of the entire British media establishment, which is riddled inside out with privilege and racism. There will never be meaningful progress coming from anyone in any mainstream British news outlet. They're all infected with the same disease, and it's incurable. Even if they're not racists or bigots, they'll be surrounded with mates who are. They'll be culturally conditioned to turn a blind eye when it matters.

Is it priviledge and racism, or an utter disregard for dignity and journalistic integrity writing whatever controversy gets the most attention? I think there is a difference between the Daily Stormer and these rags, because the former has integrity concerning it’s own abhorrent views while the papers you noted just print whatever  sensationalist nonsense helps their bottom line.

I

26 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is it priviledge and racism, or an utter disregard for dignity and journalistic integrity writing whatever controversy gets the most attention? I think there is a difference between the Daily Stormer and these rags, because the former has integrity concerning it’s own abhorrent views while the papers you noted just print whatever  sensationalist nonsense helps their bottom line.

I

I get what you're saying but to me it's a distinction without a difference.

If you're willing to play to racist tropes and fire up people's latent bigotry then you're a racist as far as I'm concerned, because it shows an absolute lack of concern for minority groups' dignity and safety.

If it walks like racism and talks like racism, it's racism.

14 minutes ago, José said:

Didn't know Chelsea FC was based on racism, you learn something new everyday thanks. Explains a lot now. 

Read about the Chelsea Headhunters. I think there was a documentary floating around about an investigative journalist 'entering' the group.

Well, you know the club isnt' based on racism, just a lot of the fans.

1 hour ago, CaaC - John said:

Raheem Sterling: Tyrone Mings pulls out of Talksport appearance over coverage

2 hours ago | Football

Bournemouth's Tyrone Mings has pulled out of an interview with Talksport in protest at its coverage of the alleged racial abuse of Raheem Sterling.

Former Reading striker Dave Kitson told the station that Sterling had incited "jealousy" by exhibiting a luxury lifestyle on his social media.

Kitson added that there was "no excuse whatsoever" for any abuse.

"Like someone or dislike them, there is no 'but' or grey area when it comes to racism," said Mings on Twitter.

"I'm fed up of broadcasting channels who have a huge voice allowing this.

"Silence is deadly for stations and outlets who rely on viewers and listeners."

BBC Sport has contacted Talksport for a response while Mings declined a BBC Sports request for an interview.

Ex-Fulham and West Ham striker Leroy Rosenior, who has written about the racist abuse he received in his playing career,  called Talksport to challenge Kitson's comments on air.

England international Sterling, 24, was allegedly racially abused during Manchester City's 2-0 defeat against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Chelsea and the Metropolitan Police are investigating the allegations.

_104730293_talksportjpg.jpg

Four people have been suspended from attending matches at Stamford Bridge while the investigations continue.

Sterling said he "had to laugh" when he heard the alleged racist remarks during the game because he does not "expect any better".

In an Instagram post, Sterling said newspapers are helping to "fuel racism" by the way in which they portray young footballers of different backgrounds.

Defender Mings told The I in January that he regularly encountered racist abuse online, adding "people think they can get away with things on social media that they wouldn't get away with on the street".

The Professional Footballers' Association has said that some press coverage of Sterling "emboldens racist rhetoric".

Sterling was the victim of a racist attack in December 2017 outside Manchester City's training ground, for which the man responsible was sentenced to 16 weeks in prison after pleading guilty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46520506

Seriously, the media have a lot to answer for with the tripe they’ve thrown out into the lion’s den over the decades.

I can’t believe they’ve gotten away with everything they’ve published for so long. Since Brexit I’ve taken it upon myself with the help of others (some from the media I have to admit) to analyse what’s been fed to innocent souls for so long.

There have been infamous dismissals from public jobs in the past even in the football analytical world like for example Ron Atkinson or Andy Gray for differing reasons but all connected to spoken words of discrimination.

All of those were subject to televised outbursts but the written press under the umbrella of free speech has gotten away with the most.

What I find curious in this particular detail is that it’s radio which has managed to get away with this sort of offensive outburst. Radio has always been regulated in a much more stricter manner to any of its sister media portals.

It just proves how racism and classism is Seriously embedded within the upper echelons of British society. This without getting political and going into comments made by people like Jacob Rees-Mogg who very recently spouted out; “The fix is to manufacture cheap shoes for our peasants!”

• Administrator

There's no excuse for racism but it appears Dave Kitson was trying to create some. Saying these guys said what they said because of the lifestyle Raheem lives - the fancy cars, house, luxurious items etc etc. 

Saw this tweet which summed it up well. The irony xD. The hypocrisy! 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

There's no excuse for racism but it appears Dave Kitson was trying to create some. Saying these guys said what they said because of the lifestyle Raheem lives - the fancy cars, house, luxurious items etc etc. 

Saw this tweet which summed it up well. The irony xD. The hypocrisy! 

Owning things is antagonistic now. What is this dude a bolshevik!?

• Subscriber

Pep Guardiola: Man City boss says 'racism is everywhere'

2 hours ago | Man City

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says "racism is everywhere" following the alleged racial abuse of his forward Raheem Sterling in a game at Chelsea.

A police investigation is underway into an incident involving Sterling during City's 2-0 Premier League loss at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

"Racism is everywhere, it's not just in football," said Guardiola on Tuesday.

"We have to fight to make a better future for everyone, not just in England but everywhere."

Chelsea says they are "fully supporting" an ongoing police investigation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46521990

• Administrator

The guy in question who abused Sterling says he called him a 'Manc Cunt'.

I'm still skeptical, to be honest.

Apparently he's lost his job and season ticket and says 'everyone got what they wanted'.

https://oddschanger.com/football-news/chelsea-fan-racially-abused-raheem-sterling-says-called-manc-c-not-black-one

The lifelong Blues supporter has lost his job and season ticket following the incident

The Chelsea fan who racially abused Raheem Sterling on Saturday insists that he called the England winger a Manc c***, not a black one.

Colin Wing, 60, admitted: “I’m deeply ashamed of my own behaviour”.

Wing, from Beckenham in south-east London, was caught on camera hurling disgusting racial abuse at Sterling during the Blues 2-0 win over Manchester City in Saturday’s evening kick-off at Stamford Bridge.

The Chelsea fan, who has spent the last 50 years watching his club, has lost his job and season ticket following the incident, saying: “Everybody’s got what they wanted”. Dry those eyes mate.

“I’m deeply ashamed by my own behaviour and I feel really bad. But I didn’t call him a black c***, I called him a Manc c***.

“I’ve been going to Chelsea for 50 years now and, because of where I sit, I’m picked up on the camera most weeks. If I had a history of saying this sort of thing I would’ve been caught by now,” added Wing.

Sterling however has told police that he heard racist language used, and although it’s not a complete certainty, it’s quite obvious from the footage what was actually said to the England starlet.

Mr Wing said: “Nobody around me said they heard anything. I want to apologise unreservedly to Raheem and hope he can be a better man than I am by accepting it.

“I offer him an unreserved apology. Even if it wasn’t racist, it’s not right what I said. Even the swearing is bad – but I got carried away.

“I was completely out of order, but I’ve lost my job and my season ticket now so everybody’s got what they wanted. So why can’t they leave me alone?”

Yesterday, Sterling posted a thought-provoking message on his Instagram, highlighting how the media portrays young black footballers in a negative light. He showed two stories ran by the Daily Mail regarding the exact same topic, and how the headline notably differed when talking about the black player.

35 minutes ago, Stan said:

The guy in question who abused Sterling says he called him a 'Manc Cunt'.

I'm still skeptical, to be honest.

Apparently he's lost his job and season ticket and says 'everyone got what they wanted'.

https://oddschanger.com/football-news/chelsea-fan-racially-abused-raheem-sterling-says-called-manc-c-not-black-one

What’s he apologising for if he didn’t racially abuse Sterling for the colour of his skin?

I’m sure (even though still ridiculous) that the supposed abuse this person spouted out against people from Manchester would be dismissed as someone stupid saying stupid things. No reason to apologise for that.

What’s almost definite is that this guy said something more, something we all more than suspect he said and he is now a coward. Why don't racists ever admit they’re racists?  They’re all bravado and valiant when in and amongst their own, but when push comes to shove, they’re the biggest chickens out there... Cowards!

He should’ve lost more than just his job. It should be a custodial offence and I only feel sorry for his children if he has any because they may be in danger of becoming what he is. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What’s he apologising for if he didn’t racially abuse Sterling for the colour of his skin?

I’m sure (even though still ridiculous) that the supposed abuse this person spouted out against people from Manchester would be dismissed as someone stupid saying stupid things. No reason to apologise for that.

What’s almost definite is that this guy said something more, something we all more than suspect he said and he is now a coward. Why don't racists ever admit they’re racists?  They’re all bravado and valiant when in and amongst their own, but when push comes to shove, they’re the biggest chickens out there... Cowards!

He should’ve lost more than just his job. It should be a custodial offence and I only feel sorry for his children if he has any because they may be in danger of becoming what he is. 

If it can be proven without reasonable doubt that what he said was a racial, and therefore a hate crime, and Sterling or the club want to press charges, then he will be given some kind of sentence. Depending on how the judge feels - if it's his first offence, shown remorse etc etc the judge may be sympathetic towards not giving a harsh sentence or just a suspended custodial sentence.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

If it can be proven without reasonable doubt that what he said was a racial, and therefore a hate crime, and Sterling or the club want to press charges, then he will be given some kind of sentence. Depending on how the judge feels - if it's his first offence, shown remorse etc etc the judge may be sympathetic towards not giving a harsh sentence or just a suspended custodial sentence.

Some people can't grasp that. 

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

Some people can't grasp that. 

This is why he'll be seen to 'get away with it' so to speak. Especially if no-one else comes forward as a legit witness to back up Sterling's claims. 
And if so, so be it. Which is a shame but you can't convict someone of something that can't be 100% proven was done.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Everything is subjected to proof without a reasonable doubt and so it should be. This isn’t the US justice system where someone like OJ Simpson can get off scott free.

But what is he apologising for?

For throwing abuse and acting like an imbecile on live broadcast? 

This man lost his job for goodness sake. Now what if he did actually say Manc Cunt? I can sympathise with him for that. However, I believe all racists should be banned for life from the stadium. 

Now what separates symapthy and banned for life? The truth. 

Just now, Cicero said:

For throwing abuse and acting like an imbecile on live broadcast? 

This man lost his job for goodness sake. Now what if he did actually say Manc Cunt? I can sympathise with him for that. However, I believe all racists should be banned for life from the stadium. 

Now what separates Symapthy and banned for life? The truth. 

I can guarantee you that every system in the land would bypass as a moment of pure stupidity someone shouting out “Manc Cunt” (not that I personally agree it should go unpunished) because it’s negligent and Very subjected to the tribalism that is football which means that it is in fact meaningless and a moment of stupidity.

He knows (unless he is really stupid) that this is the case as there is absolutely no lawful case to activate if this is what he in fact said.

He is lying! He is laying the sheets for the bed he hopes to lie in. This is a very simple case other than executing it with what he actually said which requires witnesses.

19 hours ago, LFCMike said:

One of my friends who is quite racist towards Indian's Pakistanis ect always complains about Sterling.  More so than any player. It's like he's the worst ever England player. I'm not saying every one who complains about him is racist but there is certainly some rasism behind it. I think s lot of it is because if his name some assume he is Pakistani. I don't know his actual heritage 

• The title was changed to Four Chelsea Supporters Suspended Following Raheem Sterling Incident

Archived