talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Four Chelsea Supporters Suspended Following Raheem Sterling Incident

• Administrator

This bit baffles me the most, I think:

Mr Wing said: “Nobody around me said they heard anything. I want to apologise unreservedly to Raheem and hope he can be a better man than I am by accepting it.

Sorry, but Sterling is already, by far, a better man than you. And that's before taking in to account any footballing ability. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Stan said:

This bit baffles me the most, I think:

Mr Wing said: “Nobody around me said they heard anything. I want to apologise unreservedly to Raheem and hope he can be a better man than I am by accepting it.

Sorry, but Sterling is already, by far, a better man than you. And that's before taking in to account any footballing ability. 

Why, which murderous, oppressive theocracy does Mr Wing work for the PR arm of?

To be honest, even if he did say black cunt, I have a bit of sympathy for this guy. What he said was absolutely reprehensible, but everyone's done something stupid in the heat of the moment. You literally become a different person at those times. Who knows if he's actually that racist or if the red mist descended and he just went for the worst thing he could think of to get under Sterling's skin? Again, it's absolutely disgusting and shouldn't be repeated by anyone, but is it proportional for this guy to lose his income over some words he said

It doesn't suggest good things about the man that the red mist was brought on by a footballer who plays for a team other than the one he supports, but that's another matter.

8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Why, which murderous, oppressive theocracy does Mr Wing work for the PR arm of?

To be honest, even if he did say black cunt, I have a bit of sympathy for this guy. What he said was absolutely reprehensible, but everyone's done something stupid in the heat of the moment. You literally become a different person at those times. Who knows if he's actually that racist or if the red mist descended and he just went for the worst thing he could think of to get under Sterling's skin? Again, it's absolutely disgusting and shouldn't be repeated by anyone, but is it proportional for this guy to lose his income over some words he said

It doesn't suggest good things about the man that the red mist was brought on by a footballer who plays for a team other than the one he supports, but that's another matter.

So you're trying to imply that in a scenario such as a football match certain unlawful acts should be forgiven because they're in "the heat of the moment"

There are no loopholes in law where that's concerned and of which I'm certain off is that black people don't have this by-law within them that in situations such as football matches racist attacks are permissible because people suddenly become bigots but aren't really bigots because it's that moment we're all allowed to be bigots and maybe more.

The reason in your post you state it's reprehensible while at the same time giving the guy leave rage to be a bigot Is because it is indeed reprehensible.

The question still lies as to what he's apologising for if he didn't say it.  As things stand you wouldn't get the media attention if in the stands you shouted out "Manc Cunt".

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So you're trying to imply that in a scenario such as a football match certain unlawful acts should be forgiven because they're in "the heat of the moment"

There are no loopholes in law where that's concerned and of which I'm certain off is that black people don't have this by-law within them that in situations such as football matches racist attacks are permissible because people suddenly become bigots but aren't really bigots because it's that moment we're all allowed to be bigots and maybe more.

The reason in your post you state it's reprehensible while at the same time giving the guy leave rage to be a bigot Is because it is indeed reprehensible.

The question still lies as to what he's apologising for if he didn't say it.  As things stand you wouldn't get the media attention if in the stands you shouted out "Manc Cunt".

He's sorry he's got caught saying something.

• The title was changed to Four Chelsea Supporters Suspended Following Raheem Sterling Incident
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

He's sorry he's got caught saying something.

Maybe he has a point then... Being caught saying something, especially in a football match is definitely a reason for an apology.  I feel sorry for those that speak out loud at The Emirates when they say out loud "why doesn't my iPad's video camera work all of a sudden"

10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

The funny thing is, if you do a DNA test you will find we are nearly all mixed race  ..man originated from Africa so we all have a little black in us

We originated from shit throwing monkeys actually. 

57 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Actually, there are. A murder charge can be reduced to manslaughter if there was sufficient provocation. Before someone pretends to misinterpret that, I'm not saying that Mr Wing was the victim of sufficient provocation, but the idea that someone isn't judged completely based on their actions in the heat of the moment is an established principle.

I know it's reprehensible. That's why I said it is and then reiterated that. It's just not reprehensible enough for the man to lose his income over in my opinion. If you really think I'm giving him leverage to be a bigot by saying that, you've completely missed the point.

I don't know why he's apologising, maybe he's embarrassed by his actions. No matter which word he said before cunt, he clearly should be. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but this is a guy who lost his mind when confronted with an opposition footballer. Why are you now expecting a considered and logical response from him?

35 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but this is a guy who lost his mind when confronted with an opposition footballer. Why are you now expecting a considered and logicaresponse from him?

The whole sentence tells us what we're dealing with here and the two higlighteed words tell us even more.

What do I expect as a response from him?

I'm not sure to be honest because if you believe that to be an almost permissible or understandable reaction, then I don't want to be anywhere near him in your everyday city situations where maybe driving and traffic is concerned and you miss a red light while in front of him, or maybe standing on the wrong side of the escalator when going to work... And imagine all that if I'm black! Etc... Etc...

Nah!

I stick by what I've said 100% with no slack for anything.

Idiots do crazy things "in the heat of the moment" but this isn't a kid. This isn't even just a man. This is a decomposing old man who still hasn't learnt how to conduct himself during a moment where there was no heat... what actually set him off? The man is a moron that makes the atmosphere unpleasant. If we're kind we can say he might not be a racist moron but he's definitely an unpleasant moron.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Don’t think he should’ve lost his job but losing his ticket is fine. Wouldn’t it be wrongful termination seeing as he wasn’t working?

I don't know. Contract is usually stated as 'anything that can tarnish the reputation or integrity of the employer'.

Reputation of that employer would be looked down upon given they hired a "racist"

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Don’t think he should’ve lost his job but losing his ticket is fine. Wouldn’t it be wrongful termination seeing as he wasn’t working?

Mate, I would suppose it depends what job he has.  If I was caught being racist publicly, I would definitely lose my job.  Infact someone in another department a few floors down lost his job a few years ago for getting into a fight while drunk at Leicester Square tube station.  He apparently ran from the scene and the police turned up at work on the Monday wanting to talk to him... To cut a long story short, his department bosses found out and dismissed him saying it wasn't good publicity for the company.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

You can be sacked if it can be proven that what you did outside of work brings the company image into disrepute. Now that his face is in every paper as a racist if he has a client facing role I'm sure his employer would want him gone.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

I don't know. Contract is usually stated as 'anything that can tarnish the reputation or integrity of the employer'.

Reputation of that employer would be looked down upon given they hired a "racist"

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Mate, I would suppose it depends what job he has.  If I was caught being racist publicly, I would definitely lose my job.  Infact someone in another department a few floors down lost his job a few years ago for getting into a fight while drunk at Leicester Square tube station.  He apparently ran from the scene and the police turned up at work on the Monday wanting to talk to him... To cut a long story short, his department bosses found out and dismissed him saying it wasn't good publicity for the company.

43 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

You can be sacked if it can be proven that what you did outside of work brings the company image into disrepute. Now that his face is in every paper as a racist if he has a client facing role I'm sure his employer would want him gone.

That’s what I figured. I’m sure it also depends on labour laws in the UK, which I am in no way familiar with.

I can sympathise with his employer as this is a poisoned chalice situation. Though they definitely went for the jugular. Surely there is are labour arbitrators that prevent termination ‘till proven guilty’?

personally, the man has reaped what he has sown but I do hope for belief in humanity or was ‘Manxc cunt’ as that makes one less racist.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

That’s what I figured. I’m sure it also depends on labour laws in the UK, which I am in no way familiar with.

I can sympathise with his employer as this is a poisoned chalice situation. Though they definitely went for the jugular. Surely there is are labour arbitrators that prevent termination ‘till proven guilty’?

personally, the man has reaped what he has sown but I do hope for belief in humanity or was ‘Manxc cunt’ as that makes one less racist.

There's no at will employment in the UK like there is in the US, so to terminate his employment they'd need to show cause. And here that cause would be damage to the company's reputation by hiring someone that's outed themselves as a racist.

I do feel for him if he really said "Manc cunt" - but Sterling said he heard racial abuse and he's had loads of it over the course of his career... so I have a hard time giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. He probably said "black cunt," which obviously makes him a racist idiot. So no sympathy for me, unless there's evidence he can point to that does show that he didn't say anything racist.

I think his employers might argue that regardless of whatever he said, his reputation has been negatively affected by his outburst and regardless of whether what he said was racist, a good number of the public will think that he's a racist. Thus he'd be damaging their reputation.

If at will employment existed in the UK, they wouldn't even need to give him a reason for being sacked - as those neo-Nazis who lost their jobs after marching in Charlottesville learned. I know someone (who is an idiot) that lost their job based off stupid shite they said on Facebook - it was in the UK so they had to have cause to terminate their employment and they'd said xenophobic shite while they worked at a fucking hotel, so they had good reason for terminating employment of someone that doesn't like foreigners.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Where I do sympathise is if he has children (especially younger ones) because apart from your dad who is supposed to be superman being vilified all over the country, he then goes and loses his job to make matters worse.  But he has to understand (probably does) that what he did was terrible and that apart from it being wrong in so many ways (every way), it is as we all know an extremely bad impression on younger people.

There is a part of me that has sympathy, but at the same time, something has to break for these things to be taken more than just seriously.  More has to be done in schools and I know a lot is already done.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Spike said:

We also have no idea what his record at work is already like. He may have been on his final warning. He may have been given suspensions or 'gardening leave' as they like to call it here, or on probation at his job. It's all conjecture, as is to be expected, unless someone does some digging a little deeper in to his personal life. 

If people around have claimed to have heard nothing, which is quite conceivable in a crowd of 40,000+, it’s essentially a battle of one man’s word vs another’s. Similar in a way to the Everton player (was it Mason Holgate or Brendan Galloway?) accusing a Liverpool player (Firmino, wasn’t it?) of using racist language. If that’s the case, I can’t help but think it won’t lead to much, potentially the bloke having his ticket confiscated for foul language, at most. 

Genuine question for the more southern based people on here but are there many Londoners/southerners who would refer to someone from Manchester or a player playing for a Manchester team as a 'manc'? In my limited experience that's still pretty much a regional term

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Genuine question for the more southern based people on here but are there many Londoners/southerners who would refer to someone from Manchester or a player playing for a Manchester team as a 'manc'? In my limited experience that's still pretty much a regional term

Not really, not too much and those you tend to hear it from in my experience are other northerners from various regions of the north when I'm having a drink in the pub... You overhear it.

Demographics as everywhere are also important in London.  People that haven't lived in London before would find it very curious that even from borough to borough you will hear different terms used for the same thing.

Well with all the Chelsea bashing going on this one nearly floated right on by.... 

A Tottenham fan who threw a banana skin at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been banned from all football matches for four years.

Van driver Averof Panteli was also fined £500 after magistrates ruled that it was a targeted racist incident, despite the 57-year-old claiming he picked up the peel in anger before throwing it.

It landed at the feet of Aubameyang as he celebrated opening the scoring.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6508087/Spurs-fan-threw-banana-Aubameyang-fined-500-given-four-year-ban.html

• Administrator
On 14/12/2018 at 13:18, LFCMike said:

Regional term. 

I usually just call them cunts :ph34r:

Archived