talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Four Chelsea Supporters Suspended Following Raheem Sterling Incident

On 14/12/2018 at 13:18, LFCMike said:

Genuine question for the more southern based people on here but are there many Londoners/southerners who would refer to someone from Manchester or a player playing for a Manchester team as a 'manc'? In my limited experience that's still pretty much a regional term

As a Geordie in London I find most people use "Northerner". It's very rare that anyone bothers going into specifics. Certainly if someone was trying to be derogatory as a joke or to cause offence they would plump for northerner. I hear "Northern" on almost a daily basis.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

As a Geordie in London I find most people use "Northerner". It's very rare that anyone bothers going into specifics. Certainly if someone was trying to be derogatory as a joke or to cause offence they would plump for northerner. I hear "Northern" on almost a daily basis.

Yeah that's what I thought

6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Well with all the Chelsea bashing going on this one nearly floated right on by.... 

A Tottenham fan who threw a banana skin at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been banned from all football matches for four years.

Van driver Averof Panteli was also fined £500 after magistrates ruled that it was a targeted racist incident, despite the 57-year-old claiming he picked up the peel in anger before throwing it.

It landed at the feet of Aubameyang as he celebrated opening the scoring.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6508087/Spurs-fan-threw-banana-Aubameyang-fined-500-given-four-year-ban.html

This wasn't made a big deal of even when it happened and I don't think it'd be made a big deal of now even after magistrates ruled it was racially motivated. Tottenham are media darlings, have to give them a pass on everything.

Archived