The better place to talk football.

Alvaro Morata Moves To Atletico Madrid

football forum

• The title was changed to Alvaro Morata - Set for Move to Atletico Madrid
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Storts said:

I've got an absolutely incredible training ground story about Morata, I don't want to post it to jeopardise the guy that told me but if any of you want to know PM me 

Spill the beans to me mate, please. PM 

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

xD it's actually terrifying that the rate of market inflation over the last 18 months is even greater than the rate of Morata's stock plummeting in that time.

I was certain we would lose half of the money on him minimum, hey at least some good news.

Don't mind Morata moving, but he is the biggest snowflake to play for the club in a long time.

Spain will be a good bet for him. I'm not a big fan of him, but he's not poor at the same time. He can be a quality striker for the right team, he'll just never be one of those forwards who goes down there with the likes of Raul and David Villa.

It's not like he's the first Spanish striker who hasn't worked out in England either. Morientes, Soldado, Iago Aspas(and he's fucking class, much better than Morata), even the likes of Borja Baston, who looked set to be a very good goal getter before moving to England. Negredo was good before his injury, Diego Costa is technically Brazilian and only really Torres has shone in England in terms of Spanish strikers, which even then it was quite short lived. Stick a creative midfielder type of Spanish player in the Premier league and he will generally boss it, but for some reason strikers just don't really seem to work out. Whether it is coincidental or there is something in it, who knows.

It's quite interesting that when we signed lacazette a lot of fans were complaining that at the same time Chelsea were signing morata and they felt we should be in that market. However obviously now lacazette was a better signing

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Their style of play should suit him a lot more and also the fact that it's a league and playing culture he's more accustomed to. 

Probably. I think unless you are like a top ten world player you can look bad in a system that doesn't suit

• The title was changed to Alvaro Morata Moves To Atletico Madrid
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived